Seriously!? 174k to remove a barrel mod

Rafkin

HELLO? MCFLY?!?! ANYONE THERE?!?!?

You don't have to remove the barrel to put another one in. You simply put the barrel you want in, and it destroys the existing one inside without you having to pay a single credit.

Some people want to take the barrely and put it in a weapon that they can actually use?

Hello? McFly?

Some people want to take the barrely and put it in a weapon that they can actually use?

Hello? McFly?

The only useful thing about the barrel is that its legendary. Wait, that's not useful. Its a pve item and level 50. Its not powerful. If you want to stick it in a rakata/columi/campaign mainhand fine, but don't complain that its expensive to do something dumb.

The only useful thing about the barrel is that its legendary. Wait, that's not useful. Its a pve item and level 50. Its not powerful. If you want to stick it in a rakata/columi/campaign mainhand fine, but don't complain that its expensive to do something dumb.

I wanted to find out if the level of the bowcaster changed if i put in lower level mods. If it does not then I didn't want to waste lvl 50 mods I might need when I hit 50.

Well I find it pretty darn useful. Not everyone has Rakata/Columi/Tionese/Campaign or whatever gear and mods. This legendary barrel happens to be a HUGE upgrade for me and is totally worth the 174k (or 1 set of dailies) to take it out of the bowcaster and put it in my cannon.

that barrell is a joke and rubbish... ull get tionese or columi in no time @ level 50

Well I don't have it now. But you know what I do have? A barrel that's WAY better than the barrel I had yesterday. Maybe when I get my tionese/columi/rakata whatever I'll upgrade again.

It sure is an ugprade once you hit level 50 but it's gonna last you few days if you're doing flashpoints and raids on a regular basis. Not hardcore, but few a week is seriously enough to get really good equipment now.

Or you can just grab recruit gear. Its free once a person hits 50.

Jeebus BW I know a MMO needs cash sinks, but how about some decent cash sinks, like housing? Having to pay that much to pull a mod out is just plain braindead stupid.

SWTOR's housing is your ship. Not a very good housing system but we do have one. Some other MMO has similar housing system as well (personal instance). Rift is implementing "Home Instance" and I believe GW2 has personal instance that shows your toon achievements and stuff... but hey our houses can fly too bad we cant choose the model of it.

I bought the 34 one for my pyrotech whose lvl 32 to level with. 50k to extract it so I can use it in my gun for what amounts to about 3 days? Seems fair.

Well just wait until you level in about 3 days, then you can just use the gun. :p

I am just messing with you. I think the prices for that stuff is stupid to have at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if the huge cost was based on old numbers made when Legendary barrels were planned to appear in the system. Extraction costs have gone down a couple times since beta and they probably somehow missed the Legendary category when tuning down extraction costs and it never came up until now. A silly thing to overlook, but I imagine they'll lower the cost in a patch in the near future.

Well just wait until you level in about 3 days, then you can just use the gun. :p

I am just messing with you. I think the prices for that stuff is stupid to have at all.

Pyrotech cannot use it. I can use the barrel, mods, enhancements in pistol, but the weapon is blaster rifle and my class cannot use it.

I agree, it's always been silly how much it's cost to rip mods out of gear. For a game that touts that you can create the Star Wars character you've always wanted, they do a lot to bleed you dry of credits when you try to customize your character, especially at max level.

Customization costs credits.

Credits are easy to obtain (30 minutes for 100k)

Cost for upgrading equipment w/out ripping and saving mods is free

Why would you be earning credits in the game, if not for personalized preference customization?

Or, would you feel it's fair if ripping mods was free, but you couldn't earn credits in the game?