Thanks for the waste of time on the new event

Narsikus

So I get a tweet today about breaking news - I watch the youtube video and it gets me excited cause it sounds like a new event is here! Cool!

A couple of quotes from the video:

The Grand Acquisitions Race "has begun".

Our representative on the Nar Shaddaa Promenade awaits aspiring conglomerate agents.

I drop what I'm doing and head to the promenade. I want to explore and find the quest myself, so I don't ask for help or read any walkthrus. 30 mins later after driving all over the promenade I see someone in chat say the event hasn't started. I then find a dev post on the forum that confirms this.

So thanks a effin lot for the waste of time.

I'm all cool with giving a heads up on the event since that was a complaint with the rakghoul one. But don't tell us something's in game when it's not. My excitement over this is now pissed-offment.

People complained that the Rakghoul wasn't really announced ahead of time, so they missed out on a few days because of it.

Now people complain that they wasted 20 minutes of game time because the event was announced, but it isn't in yet.

Yes, the wording leaves much to be desired, but at least they are letting people know ahead of time.

So I get a tweet today about breaking news - I watch the youtube video and it gets me excited cause it sounds like a new event is here! Cool!

Our representative on the Nar Shaddaa Promenade awaits aspiring conglomerate agents.

I drop what I'm doing and head to the promenade. I want to explore and find the quest myself, so I don't ask for help or read any walkthrus. 30 mins later after driving all over the promenade I see someone in chat say the event hasn't started. I then find a dev post on the forum that confirms this.

I'm all cool with giving a heads up on the event since that was a complaint with the rakghoul one. But don't tell us something's in game when it's not. My excitement over this is now pissed-offment.

Just stop it.

The guys complaints are legit IMHO. This is not a case of "BW can't win".

Yes people complained about the last event not being announced, so BW felt they should make an announcement this time. That is great. What is not so great is that the announcement made it seem as though the event had started. They very easily could have made an announcement that said the event was coming soon without giving the impression that it had begun. That is how BW could have "done it right"

Yes people complained about the last event not being announced, so BW felt they should make an announcement this time. That is great. What is not so great is that the announcement made it seem as though the event had started. They very easily could have made an announcement that said the event was coming soon without giving the impression that it had begun. That is how BW could have "done it right"

No it's a case of expecting them to be perfect. Give me a break. Some people here on the forums will do everything in their power to find some type of fault with anything BW does. The OP's post was nothing but a rude comment to BW for a very small and insignificant 'issue'...

TORchan.

No it's a case of expecting them to be perfect. Give me a break. Some people here on the forums will do everything in their power to find some type of fault with anything BW does. The OP's post was nothing but a rude comment to BW for a very small and insignificant 'issue'...

That would be fair but there have been alot of issues already (it gets tiresome and my ability to forgive them is diminishing rapidly) and they always answer soon to everything they say, except this apparently which is the one time that it was needed. Most of the anger could be avoided if they gave a time frame for everything, but hey if they don't want to then that is their business just don't expect people to be happy.

Edited by Tuscad

I see what you are saying, but I respectifully, disagree.

Then people would be crying about the "Coming Soon" part.

People complained that the Rakghoul wasn't really announced ahead of time, so they missed out on a few days because of it.

Now people complain that they wasted 20 minutes of game time because the event was announced, but it isn't in yet.

Yes, the wording leaves much to be desired, but at least they are letting people know ahead of time.

+1...

Sounds like a PEBCAK problem.

I also see it as a PICNIC type issue.

The first clue it had not started yet was there were no news holos on the fleet like they had with the Rakghoul event. When it hits, everyone will know it.