Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

nope you are totaly wrong we dde people where promised access to the vip lounge from the start with our own vendor who sold less items than the ce . it where the people who buyed the normal edition who complained so they could but acces to the vip area.

You would be incorrect.. The DDE at first was not going to get the bracelette with their game.. Nor were they going to get a vendor.. During the beta that was never promised to the DDE people.. Yes, during the beta the DDE people QQ'ed and complained about the VIP area and the vendor.. So to appease them, they were given the bracelette and their very own vendor that sells nothing but a mount.. It was the DDE people that complained..

The SE people never complain because they were just SE and nothing to complain about.. It has always been the DDE crowed.. Looking to get what the CE people get.. Wanting a cheap upgrade path to the CE.. Moaning about how entitled they are even though they didn't pay as much as the CE people.. Even going so far as to tell us how much the stuff in the box was worth.. The biggest reason people bought the CE was for the vendor.. That is why I bought 2 of them.. One for my wife and one for myself.. Yes.. I spent $300 dollars.. And I was in the beta for 5 months..

You paid $20 dollars more than SE.. The CE people paid $70 dollars more than DDE people.. Almost twice what the DDE people paid for their game..

If the DDE people want the perks of the CE so bad, one has to wonder why they didn't just buy it??

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be incorrect.. The DDE at first was not going to get the bracelette with their game.. Nor were they going to get a vendor.. During the beta that was never promised to the DDE people.. Yes, during the beta the DDE people QQ'ed and complained about the VIP area and the vendor.. So to appease them, they were given the bracelette and their very own vendor that sells nothing but a mount.. It was the DDE people that complained..

The SE people never complain because they were just SE and nothing to complain about.. It has always been the DDE crowed.. Looking to get what the CE people get.. Wanting a cheap upgrade path to the CE.. Moaning about how entitled they are even though they didn't pay as much as the CE people.. Even going so far as to tell us how much the stuff in the box was worth.. The biggest reason people bought the CE was for the vendor.. That is why I bought 2 of them.. One for my wife and one for myself.. Yes.. I spent $300 dollars.. And I was in the beta for 5 months..

You paid $20 dollars more than SE.. The CE people paid $70 dollars more than DDE people.. Almost twice what the DDE people paid for their game..

If the DDE people want the perks of the CE so bad, one has to wonder why they didn't just buy it??

nope we were promised the dde vendor form the start thats why i bought the dde not the ce. its not my fault you payed € 70 for a statue.

If you have something in writing that says CE will get special perks throughout the lifetime of the game I would like to see it. Otherwise, stop complaining because you have already got exactly what you paid for.

We do... its in BWs own News section regarding the release of the CE information.

You can click HERE if you wish to read it for yourself, or you can just read the quote below (I underlined the part in question for your convenience):

In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.

• Mouse Droid. This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.
  • Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

EDIT: The point is it was ADVERTISED to us this way. Many players (myself included) purchased it JUST for the vendor. We were deceived (perhaps not intentionally, but nonetheless). I am pretty sure that BW will never live up to their word at this point, and that bothers me. Not because I want a crap ton of free "omgimawesome" stuff... because this was a company I had faith in, paid my hard earned money for a product based on their word, and have paid for months of service fees to. Even if you did not purchase the CE, if it doesn't bother you when a company you are giving your money to lies to its customers (that's YOU!) there is something wrong.

Edited by Blaac

nope we were promised the dde vendor form the start thats why i bought the dde not the ce. its not my fault you payed € 70 for a statue.

Thanks for making my point.. I see you are already telling me how much the stuff in the CE costs..

There was no vendor ever promised to the DDE.. Feel free to show me that in how Bioware describes what comes with the DDE?? No vendor was ever mentioned.. One was given to appease the DDE people.. But never officially added to the DDE.. Again.. Feel free to prove me wrong..

In either case you just blew your crediblity..

Thanks for making my point.. I see you are already telling me how much the stuff in the CE costs..

There was no vendor ever promised to the DDE.. Feel free to show me that in how Bioware describes what comes with the DDE?? No vendor was ever mentioned.. One was given to appease the DDE people.. But never officially added to the DDE.. Again.. Feel free to prove me wrong..

In either case you just blew your crediblity..

Yeah the link I put in the post before yours shows what was to be expected in the DDE version, its listed by BW... it does NOT list a vendor of any kind.

vip area is useless anyways...only thing I used it for was jumping off during the rakghoul infection.

Haha me too. Man that was so fun. Its one of the only times I have been impressed by the dev team. Im betting the guy who did the event got laid off. :(

nope you are totaly wrong we dde people where promised access to the vip lounge from the start with our own vendor who sold less items than the ce . it where the people who buyed the normal edition who complained so they could but acces to the vip area.

Everyone can buy the vip launge wristband ITS NOT JUST A DDE THING AT ALL never was never will be

nope we were promised the dde vendor form the start thats why i bought the dde not the ce. Its not my fault you payed € 70 for a statue.

there is no such fu things as a dde vendor, its a vip vendor all can freaking use once they bought the wristband !!!!

there is no such fu things as a dde vendor, its a vip vendor all can freaking use once they bought the wristband !!!!

there was suposed to be but then the people who bought the normal edition complained about pay to win so they made it so that ne guys could buy the wristband.

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players".

That's because that is the most profitable segment and the profit margins are much higher for the digital deluxe version versus the physical collectors edition.

Making you feel special for buying CE then spitting in you're face because of crying DD edition demanding it then they give in to them and go we will make you something unique, and prob not give it CE members either... i payed £130 comapired to like £60 of the DD.

In evey way EA/BW have shat on CE members, yes we got some nice things in the box but as for the ingame items everything bar the minimech pet was given to DD members for a little extra cash ..

I thought CE would make me stand out as a fan of the game .. oh how wrong i was :(

there was suposed to be but then the people who bought the normal edition complained about pay to win so they made it so that ne guys could buy the wristband.

wow you are delusional lol, show us proof of this, alot of us were in beta and remember you DDE ppl crying that CE got the vendor and got into the VIP lounge for free untill they added the wristband to the DDE, never did they mention that DDE get a personal vendor. go ahead click the link thats been posted here a dozen times, nowhere does it say "DDE Store".

edit: i never saw 1 thread in beta of the SE players complaining about anything that came with the DDE or CE, and it was said right away the store would NOT have anything game breaking so your pay 2 win agrument is just another lie and/or delusion. and in beta everyone had access to the wristband CE was the only ppl that got it for free, but the DDE QQ took care of that.

Edited by GooseGrims

Digital Deluxe was meant for digital (In Game Items) CE got the music player track, and statue. THEY HAD THEIR FILL. Now DDE want in game stuff. We got no phyical copys of anything just ignoring your fan base. Thankfull we are here after

so your complaining you didnt get physical items in your DIGITAL version of the game? this post has win all over it. and yet another person that either cant read or is ignoring the fact we were not provided with something advertised with the CE.

Born and raised in Sheffield, a true blood englishman. not like them southern fairys grammar nazzes....

I think you should consider suing your schools then. Because if that is what was considered acceptable enough to allow you to pass and graduate from an English based school the world is in worse shape then I thought

wow you are delusional lol, show us proof of this, alot of us were in beta and remember you DDE ppl crying that CE got the vendor and got into the VIP lounge for free untill they added the wristband to the DDE, never did they mention that DDE get a personal vendor. go ahead click the link thats been posted here a dozen times, nowhere does it say "DDE Store".

edit: i never saw 1 thread in beta of the SE players complaining about anything that came with the DDE or CE, and it was said right away the store would NOT have anything game breaking so your pay 2 win agrument is just another lie and/or delusion. and in beta everyone had access to the wristband CE was the only ppl that got it for free, but the DDE QQ took care of that.

its whas not in the beta forums they complained it was in the general forum. they promised a dde venodr from the start that is a fact

its whas not in the beta forums they complained it was in the general forum. they promised a dde venodr from the start that is a fact

then show us proof. thats all i ask if they promised this then where is the BW quote? because it never happend and you have no proof, thank you good day.

Edited by GooseGrims

then show us proof. thats all i ask if they promised this then where is the BW quote? because it never happend and you have no proof, thank you good day.

In fairness if it was on the old forums (not saying it was because I never saw it) it would've been wiped and no one would be able to find it.

In fairness if it was on the old forums (not saying it was because I never saw it) it would've been wiped and no one would be able to find it.

they said in the post above

if it was in the general forums and not the beta forums they there would be proof to thier claims, however there is not. the link that has been provided in this thread a dozen times however does show what it comes with.

Edited by GooseGrims

they said in the post above

if it was in the general forums and not the beta forums they there wuld be proof to thier claims, however there is not. the link that has been provided in this thread a dozen times however does show what it comes with.

I'm going to assume that what was meant by that would be the Beta sub category forums that would've been available to only those accounts marked for Beta access to see as opposed to the General forums that anyone with an account set up to access forums would be able to see pre release and until they wiped those forums and went with the new layout. IN which case if it was on the general forums prewipe it would not be accesible to anyone anymore, or at least no one who doesn't work for Bioware.

I'm going to assume that what was meant by that would be the Beta sub category forums that would've been available to only those accounts marked for Beta access to see as opposed to the General forums that anyone with an account set up to access forums would be able to see pre release and until they wiped those forums and went with the new layout. IN which case if it was on the general forums prewipe it would not be accesible to anyone anymore, or at least no one who doesn't work for Bioware.

point still stands, they can provide no proof to such claims, CE's on the other hand have provided proof that is still advertised on this website today.

edit: and assume all you want there is still nothing on this site that says anything about an exclusive DDE vendor.

Edited by GooseGrims

We paid almost double for our copy of the game.. We do deserve more.. It goes with paying more.. :cool:

You ALREADY got more - items that came with your boxed game. You don't deserve to get anything additional for free.

If BW does give out something, everyone who pre-ordered the game in any form should be rewarded.

You ALREADY got more - items that came with your boxed game. You don't deserve to get anything additional for free.

If BW does give out something, everyone who pre-ordered the game in any form should be rewarded.

most ppl bought CE for the vendor to keep geting unique looking gear did we get updates to that vendor other than a reskin pet that all got ? and yet they can knock out items already for cash shop

I think part of the problem is very few people feel they've gotten what they paid for up until this point. I tend to agree with them.

But it was LISTED what they would get when they paid. It DIDN'T say "and continued better perks and items than anyone else in the game no matter what else we do with the game, pay structure, mechanics, etc.." So they DID get what they paid for. Pretty simple, actually.