Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they say when the updates would occur, or just that they would occur on a regular basis? If they gave no date on when the first update would occur, then I would have to say that this is more of that "player expectation" problem then a "BioWare promise" problem. Again, I personally wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated until after the first year of the game's life, and then of course expect regular updates thereafter ...

...but then again, regular updates thereafter could also mean once every six months or once a year or once every other year. Still a regular update there, just not a frequent update. There we go with our player expectations again.

BJ

Stop apologizing for Bioware. You are entirely correct and that they could have meant 'regular' in the terms of once per century, or even millennium. However, I don't think that it was unreasonable to interpret 'regular' as more than a single item added over the course of nine months.

Edited by IlexGlabra

Seriously why cant we just all be happy with what we get. Why worry about the next guy and what he gets? I am happy DDE customers are being recognized somehow. I dont mind it at all. I am a CE owner I am getting stuff as well so that makes me happy.

Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The sign of the times we live in is that people feel they are entitled to whatever thye think they deserve. A shame really, i also purchased the CE and am happy with what i received, which is what i paid for.

The so called failure to get new items in the CE store was a bonus that we "MAY" have gotten at some future time. Now the whinny bunch is asking for more from a game, that in all reality no longer exists. F2P is a fundamental change tot he game, people fail to realize this. From this moment forward, i do not expect to get squat from EA/BW that we wont have to pay for, so kiss all the free content goodbye, F2P cant sustain itself unless it charges for everything.

What always confused me with the F2P supporters is how they can think it is FREE. now instead of paying for a expansion every couple of years, now you pay X amount of dollars for anything you want to do. Seems like it actually cost me quite a lot more to play a F2P game.

Edited by TrentTyler

Note the something. Nobody said it was an item. Stop jumping the bloody gun. I swear some of you CE owners come across as very entitled.

sure they never did say an item, but they did leave it very very vague. and in what game ever has something been offered in a chaper edition but not the more expensive collectors edition? so i can understand the frustration and speaking for myself as a CE owner they already screwed us with false promises, if they didnt tell us the CE store would be updated and shown us what it had i wouldnt have bought it.

Did they say when the updates would occur, or just that they would occur on a regular basis? If they gave no date on when the first update would occur, then I would have to say that this is more of that "player expectation" problem then a "BioWare promise" problem. Again, I personally wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated until after the first year of the game's life, and then of course expect regular updates thereafter ...

...but then again, regular updates thereafter could also mean once every six months or once a year or once every other year. Still a regular update there, just not a frequent update. There we go with our player expectations again.

BJ

I think it's stretching it a bit to assume regular updates would mean once every six months to a year. While there is no time stated, i would wager most people's interpretation of regularly updated would be more than once or twice per year.

I do think it was biowares intention to do this, but I believe they didn't have any idea of the workload they'd have with a live mmo. Hence most things taking longer than we were lead to believe.

OMG, well I bought the $4 security key. I deserve 1/4 of the tokens that CE gets. OMGS....people get real, CE purchase got you a journal a map a statue and a store.. Get over yourselves. You are just angry that you spent $150 on a game that is going F2P. I LOL at you.

OMG, well I bought the $4 security key. I deserve 1/4 of the tokens that CE gets. OMGS....people get real, CE purchase got you a journal a map a statue and a store.. Get over yourselves. You are just angry that you spent $150 on a game that is going F2P. I LOL at you.

ignorance at its finest... ppl keep bringing up the stupid book or the map and statue, but you never bring up and avoid the fact they promised "Regular Updates" to the store. i lol at your ignorance.

While many more people LOL at you. For the majority of this games life I have rarely heard a squeak from CE customers. The fact that they (IMO) are speeking up now is because DDE customers feel they are entitled to received something they truly have no claim to. In truth I am ticked off because there has been no response fron BW on how they failed to fulfill a promise to the CE owners. I don't care about a Fk'N banner. It seems you only get something in this game when you complain about it, so here we are now. Also, is it the CE people who are the entitled crowd because we want at least a response from BW for a failed promise OR is it DDE customers who think they are entitled to what they did not pay for? As a side note I bought both, DDE first and when I stumbled into a Game Stop they still had a CE version so I bought it. My main purpose here? I want a response from BW, not you and your LOL.:)

Edited by Mancer

While many more people LOL at you. For the majority of this games life I have rarely heard a squeak from CE customers. The fact that they (IMO) are speeking up now is because DDE customers feel they are entitled to received something they truly have no claim to. In truth I am ticked off because there has been no response fron BW on how they failed to fulfill a promise to the CE owners. I don't care about a Fk'N banner. It seems you only get something in this game when you complain about it, so here we are now. Also, is it the CE people who are the entitled crowd because we want at least a response from BW for a failed promise OR is it DDE customers who think they are entitled to what they did not pay for? As a side note I bought both, DDE first and when I stumbled into a Game Stop they still had a CE version so I bought it. My main purpose here? I want a response from BW, not you and your LOL.:)

well said.

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

Ok, first off you bought the CE. You got your store and your statue. THAT is what you paid for and that is what you received. If you have something in writing that says CE will get special perks throughout the lifetime of the game I would like to see it. Otherwise, stop complaining because you have already got exactly what you paid for.

Ok, first off you bought the CE. You got your store and your statue. THAT is what you paid for and that is what you received. If you have something in writing that says CE will get special perks throughout the lifetime of the game I would like to see it. Otherwise, stop complaining because you have already got exactly what you paid for.

and DDE ppl got thier ingame items, why QQ and start an uproar about the CE ppl getting the heroes banner and then act surprized when they get a taste of thier own medicine?

Edited by GooseGrims

Stop apologizing for Bioware. You are entirely correct and that they could have meant 'regular' in the terms of once per century, or even millennium. However, I don't think that it was unreasonable to interpret 'regular' as more than a single item added over the course of nine months.

ignorance at its finest... ppl keep bringing up the stupid book or the map and statue, but you never bring up and avoid the fact they promised "Regular Updates" to the store. i lol at your ignorance.

Where am I apologizing? I am simply calling it like I see it. And you are right, it isn't unreasonable to think that there might have been one update to the vendor in the first 8 months of the game, but again, neither is not getting an update to the vendor in the first 8 months of the game, especially factoring in that there are (and should be) other things higher on the priority list to fix/update beside one vendor.

I think it's stretching it a bit to assume regular updates would mean once every six months to a year. While there is no time stated, i would wager most people's interpretation of regularly updated would be more than once or twice per year.

I do think it was biowares intention to do this, but I believe they didn't have any idea of the workload they'd have with a live mmo. Hence most things taking longer than we were lead to believe.

Of that, there's no doubt. Hence why I expected and find it completely reasonable not to have the vendor updated at least until the game was a year old. I temper my expectations with logic. It has been clear for a few years now that many other players of this game do not know how to do that.

What also seems forgotten is that BW really owes us nothing in regards to moving to F2P. They certainly didn't need to throw any bones to the DD and CE buyers. I think it's a nice gesture that they have, but I don't see any obligation on their part to do so. However, since they did make that distinction, I don't think it's unreasonable to set tiers for DD and CE vs. Standard buyers. CE should get the most items, and DD should get a little less, but more than Standard. As it was originally laid out, there was no distinction between Standard and DD, and I think that's where some people had the issue. Personally, I think they should have just given each level a set amount of Cartel Coins based on the level of purchase and been done with it. Put everything else in the store and let us decide which of the items we want to add to our collection via the CC.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Can you not read? Here, I'll even link it for you: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Collector’s Edition:

In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.

Mouse Droid. This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

Can you not read? Here, I'll even link it for you: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

even though you are providing proof i expect most ppl to cry about the same stuff they have been the last few months that the CE owners have been ranting about this "you got the statue and book and security key" and totally avoid the fact that the updates to the CE store is one of the things we payed for.

Edited by GooseGrims

Where am I apologizing? I am simply calling it like I see it. And you are right, it isn't unreasonable to think that there might have been one update to the vendor in the first 8 months of the game, but again, neither is not getting an update to the vendor in the first 8 months of the game, especially factoring in that there are (and should be) other things higher on the priority list to fix/update beside one vendor.

I see where you're coming from now. You are suggesting that we should know better and that we shouldn't hold Bioware accountable for the statements under which they sold the product (and which is still advertised on their website, as linked in my previous post).

You have a valid point on the former, but on the latter I must disagree wholeheartedly.

I see where you're coming from now. You are suggesting that we should know better and that we shouldn't hold Bioware accountable for the statements under which they sold the product (and which is still advertised on their website, as linked in my previous post).

You have a valid point on the former, but on the latter I must disagree wholeheartedly.

Only half correct, but a perfect post to point out the problems of players being unable to manage their own expectations. Read again the part of the quote you highlighted from BW's description of the CE benefits. No where in that description does it give an exact date or even a rough timeframe for when the updates would begin or how often they would occur. They should be held accountable for their statements, and if the vendor does not receive any updates at all, then yes, they should be held accountable for that fact. However, they should not be held accountable for any player's unfounded and arbitrary deadlines that have no factual basis at this point in time.

BW said we would see a continuation of the story lines, they said we would see an expansion of the space game, they said we would see a rise in the level cap, they said we would see a new planet. They have said a lot of things about current and future content - however, none of it has any time frame associated with it, so to expect it to occur in a timeframe we arbitrarily pick out of the air is a player related problem and not a BioWare related problem, for which they are not and should not be held accountable in any form.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Only half correct, but a perfect post to point out the problems of players being unable to manage their own expectations. Read again the part of the quote you highlighted from BW's description of the CE benefits. No where in that description does it give an exact date or even a rough timeframe for when the updates would begin or how often they would occur. They should be held accountable for their statements, and if the vendor does not receive any updates at all, then yes, they should be held accountable for that fact. However, they should not be held accountable for any player's unfounded and arbitrary deadlines that have no factual basis at this point in time.

BW said we would see a continuation of the story lines, they said we would see an expansion of the space game, they said we would see a rise in the level cap, they said we would see a new planet. They have said a lot of things about current and future content - however, none of it has any time frame associated with it, so to expect it to occur in a timeframe we arbitrarily pick out of the air is a player related problem and not a BioWare related problem, for which they are not and should not be held accountable in any form.

BJ

Your definition of what is a reasonable expectation is very different from my own. We'll leave it at that. :)

BJ

in beta didnt they say we would have monthly content patches? im pretty sure its not unreasonable to assume those monthly content patches we were supposed to get would have a CE item once in a while.

Your definition of what is a reasonable expectation is very different from my own. We'll leave it at that. :)

in beta didnt they say we would have monthly content patches? im pretty sure its not unreasonable to assume those monthly content patches we were supposed to get would have a CE item once in a while.

Ultimately, what is reasonable? Some players may feel that a weekly update starting the first week the game is live is reasonable. Others may think that monthly updates starting with the first major content patch is reasonable. What is reasonable is what BW can achieve with the time and resources they have available at any given time based on a priority list of things that need to be fixed or added to the game. So, for me, it is completely reasonable not to expect a vendor update until at least a year after launch when the majority of the bugs inherent with a new launch can be worked out and more focus can then be shifted to adding new minor content instead of fixing current content. All factors being considered, I do not find it unreasonable to view regular updates to this vendor as occurring only 2-4 times per year.

In the end, without anything but single a sentence from BW with no time frame indicated whatsoever, we can make assumptions all day long, but until we get more detailed facts from BW, that's all they will ever be, and I for one, try never to fault anyone else for assumptions I make all on my own, and the mistakes or regrets that come from them (and if I have I duly apologize).

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

They were promised regualar updates and as a friend of mine brought the CE bioware has failed to meet that promise.

Collector’s Edition Store. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

They have a right to be upset if we (Digital Deluxe) owners get as much as they do. They paid more.

Yes I agree we should get something but not the same items or the same amount of stuff they get that would be unfair.

Ultimately, what is reasonable? Some players may feel that a weekly update starting the first week the game is live is reasonable. Others may think that monthly updates starting with the first major content patch is reasonable. What is reasonable is what BW can achieve with the time and resources they have available at any given time based on a priority list of things that need to be fixed or added to the game. So, for me, it is completely reasonable not to expect a vendor update until at least a year after launch when the majority of the bugs inherent with a new launch can be worked out and more focus can then be shifted to adding new minor content instead of fixing current content. All factors being considered, I do not find it unreasonable to view regular updates to this vendor as occurring only 2-4 times per year.

In the end, without anything but single a sentence from BW with no time frame indicated whatsoever, we can make assumptions all day long, but until we get more detailed facts from BW, that's all they will ever be, and I for one, try never to fault anyone else for assumptions I make all on my own, and the mistakes or regrets that come from them (and if I have I duly apologize).

BJ

like i said it could have been "Once in a while" with the content patches we were supposed to be getting. what you define as reasonable is irrelevant, it could have been ever 2 or 3 or 4 months and that would have been regular but 1 item in 8 months is not. you say they gave no time frame but all the videos and interviews from beta are still on youtube go watch some, they told us many times they would be pushing out new content fast and if they were so optimistic why should someone like me that knows nothing about game design doubt them?

they are a multi million $ company (maybe multi billion idk) and has made some of my favorite rpg's so if they were that confident about pushing out new content how was an average joe like myself supposed to know they were full of it? im not a mind reader nor can i see the future.

like i said it could have been "Once in a while" with the content patches we were supposed to be getting. what you define as reasonable is irrelevant, it could have been ever 2 or 3 or 4 months and that would have been regular but 1 item in 8 months is not. you say they gave no time frame but all the videos and interviews from beta are still on youtube go watch some, they told us many times they would be pushing out new content fast and if they were so optimistic why should someone like me that knows nothing about game design doubt them?

they are a multi million $ company (maybe multi billion idk) and has made some of my favorite rpg's so if they were that confident about pushing out new content how was an average joe like myself supposed to know they were full of it? im not a mind reader nor can i see the future.

edit: and about them working on prioritys like fixing bugs, explain Soa and all the stuff going on in the months he was bugged to hell lol and to think the WHOLE company works on 1 problem at a time is asinine, they have (or had) teams of ppl working on different things.

edit: lol hit the quote button instead of edit and cant delete posts i guess

Edited by GooseGrims