Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

I very quickly expect to see this thread get much much shorter.

Lol thanks for the good laugh.

When your boy isn't coming to the table with a valid argument and trying to defend an indefensible position Corew has a valid point.

Edited by xippo

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol thanks for the good laugh.

Glad to be of service

I very quickly expect to see this thread get much much shorter.

I wouldn't hold my breath, it seems the mods doesn't care all that much anymore.

Glad to be of service

I wouldn't hold my breath, it seems the mods doesn't care all that much anymore.

Oh no it is already being shortened. I fully expect a warning or more out of it as well.

The point is that the people who paid for the CE got everything that they paid for, and they are expecting to get everything that Bioware decides to give any other group in the game also. THAT kind of entitlement mentality IS what is wrong with not just this game but the world.

Not at all you're completely wrong! We don't expect to get everything for free. HOWEVER, if we, who have paid £130 for the game (who were also promised additions to the CE vendor which has not been fulfilled <-- that btw we are entitle to as it was promised as part of the CE, but that is not important) get nothing then why should people who have purchased the DD edition for half the price get something? lol you're making no sense mate! My point is, If no other denomination of the game gets free stuff then I'm fine with getting nothing. However, if people with the DD gets something we should also get it, its only fair and you saying I'm incorrect is just making you look foolish imo!

Edited by Covax

And what does that have to do with the "item" DDE buyers are getting? Absofreakinglutely NOTHING! Your attempt to change the subject with a red herring and quite frankly at the very same time a strawman argument is astounding. Tell me when is tea served in this private delusional world of yours?

You can't win with one argument so you try to change it to another which was already addressed mind you.

just want to point out and a dev even said it in this thread, they never said DDE was getting an item, they said they are "working on something" which is a classic vague BW answer that can mean anything.

however since you say the CE ppl feel entitled let me ask you this, what game, does not have to be an MMO offered exclusive items to a cheaper version of a game but not the most expensive one?

imo its the DDE ppl that are the entitled ones, they got everything advertised with thier version of the game and QQ when its announced that CE gets the heroes banner untill BW caves and says they are "working on something" but when CE ppl have a problem with this thier argument was that we had gotten everything we paid for..... even though we did not and they did and that proof has been linked in this thread a dozen times.

so tell me how again how the DDE players deserve anything extra then what was advertised? and why BW should not make it up to the CE players for not providing one of the services still advertised with the CE today?

Edited by GooseGrims

Don't look at me, you asked if you missed a part, I just answered.

Actually no you didn't. You agreed with me...kinda. But then again you didn't get my post so I guess you didn't so...yeah nevermind.

Just all of you can you please stop it. My point is the topic has been beaten to death now you are only rehashing the same things.

Not at all you're completely wrong! We don't expect to get everything for free. HOWEVER, if we, who have paid £130 for the game (who were also promised additions to the CE vendor which has not been fulfilled <-- that btw we are entitle to as it was promised as part of the CE, but this is not important) get nothing then why should people who have purchased the DD edition for half the price get something? lol you're making no sense mate! My point is, If no other denomination of the game gets free stuff then I'm fine with getting nothing. However, if people with the DD gets something we should also get it, its only fair and you saying I'm incorrect is just making you look fooling imo!

The CE store has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Bioware decided to give the DDE buyers something extra in the F2P change over. And the CE folks are not getting nothing. They are getting the extra cartel coins as well as a few other things. The simple fact that DDE gets something though has led to CE folks (not all) to say that they are entitled to it also. No they aren't it is completely at Biowares discretion. You received the items in your CE when you bought the game, the stuff you received at the time met the requirements of the purchase. You agreed with Bioware to spend XXX amount of dollars for a given product. They delivered that product to you for that agreed upon price. NOWHERE does it say that at any given time in the future you are guaranteed everything that everyone else gets. Bringing the CE store up into the argument in and of itself is stupid and has 0 bearing on this argument. It is merely an attempt to deflect from the fact that you have no valid reason to claim that you should be getting everything that everyone else gets also.

either way i should get the item. only bought digital deluxe cause i couldn't find collectors edition, i then bought the collectors edition 2 months later when i found it cause i wanted the book and statue. I win either way.

I'm pretty sure Bioware won that battle.

Edited by SRTtoZZ

The CE store has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Bioware decided to give the DDE buyers something extra in the F2P change over. And the CE folks are not getting nothing. They are getting the extra cartel coins as well as a few other things. The simple fact that DDE gets something though has led to CE folks (not all) to say that they are entitled to it also. No they aren't it is completely at Biowares discretion. You received the items in your CE when you bought the game, the stuff you received at the time met the requirements of the purchase. You agreed with Bioware to spend XXX amount of dollars for a given product. They delivered that product to you for that agreed upon price. NOWHERE does it say that at any given time in the future you are guaranteed everything that everyone else gets. Bringing the CE store up into the argument in and of itself is stupid and has 0 bearing on this argument. It is merely an attempt to deflect from the fact that you have no valid reason to claim that you should be getting everything that everyone else gets also.

hahaha if you had read what I typed you would have seen I said it was not important and for your information BW representatives spoke several times about increasing the item list in the CE store FACT! Furthermore, you still have not addressed my question! why should DDE people get items that the CE people don't? Of course it is at BWs own discretion what and when they give each denomination of players. However, what is "right" and what is going to happen are two different things. The fact remains that DDE paid £60 and CE paid £130. If BW went by your reasoning then people that purchased the normal game should get something that the DDE people and the CE people cannot obtain, which is absolutely ridicules as it just over complicates things. What should happen is the CE people should get 1000 ccs and an item (don't know what anything tbh) the DDE people should get 500 ccs and maybe the same item, and the normal people should get either 250 ccs or the item they can choose. Like I said I don't feel entitled to anything but I feel it would be unfair and wrong if the DDE people got something we don't when he paid double the price for the game. I don't see why are are trying argue the point, one things for sure you're not making any friends.

hahaha if you had read what I typed you would have seen I said it was not important and for your information BW representatives spoke several times about increasing the item list in the CE store FACT! Furthermore, you still have not addressed my question! why should DDE people get items that the CE people don't? Of course it is at BWs own discretion what and when they give each denomination of players. However, what is "right" and what is going to happen are two different things. The fact remains that DDE paid £60 and CE paid £130. If BW went by your reasoning then people that purchased the normal game should get something that the DDE people and the CE people cannot obtain, which is absolutely ridicules as it just over complicates things. What should happen is the CE people should get 1000 ccs and an item (don't know what anything tbh) the DDE people should get 500 ccs and maybe the same item, and the normal people should get either 250 ccs or the item they can choose. Like I said I don't feel entitled to anything but I feel it would be unfair and wrong if the DDE people got something we don't when he paid double the price for the game. I don't see why are are trying argue the point, one things for sure you're not making any friends.

I read what you typed, however there were still people trying to make that argument. And again the CE people ARE getting the 1000 coins and several items and as of right now the DDE are getting something, although not decided yet. Just because Bioware decides to give a group something above and beyond what it is contractually obligated to does not mean that CE buyers or DDE buyers for that matter are entitled to it wholesale. CE buyers are getting some things and DDE is getting "something", what pray tell leads you to believe that Bioware is obligated to give you that something too?

I read what you typed, however there were still people trying to make that argument. And again the CE people ARE getting the 1000 coins and several items and as of right now the DDE are getting something, although not decided yet. Just because Bioware decides to give a group something above and beyond what it is contractually obligated to does not mean that CE buyers or DDE buyers for that matter are entitled to it wholesale. CE buyers are getting some things and DDE is getting "something", what pray tell leads you to believe that Bioware is obligated to give you that something too?

like the OP most ppl have jumped the gun assuming that DDE is getting a different item than the Heroes Banner or an item at all for that matter, but i do agree with thier point that no item should be offered for a cheaper version of the game and not offered in the most expensive one. no game has ever offered exclusive items for a cheaper version and not the more expensive version.

the argument ive seen them make as to why DDE should get an extra item when F2P begins is that they payed more for thier copy of the game.... but wait are they not also saying that it does not matter that we CE owners payed more for our copy for reasons such as the box items. and also that we got what we payed for....

well lets have another look shall we? http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

according to BW DDE has recivede everything that was offered in thier version of the game, but wait under the CE exclusives the last line clearly states

The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

and adding one reskin in 8 ish months of a pet that everyone who was subbed already has is not "Regular Updates" anyway you try to slice it. its obviouse that the whole reason for offering CE owners the 1000 CC and Heroes Banner (not several items like you claim) is to make up for not prviding what was advertised. then the DDE owners caused an uproar claiming they should recieve such rewards too. as DDE owners have been saying to us CE owners, Entitled Much?!

Does the Collectors Edition not technically include the Digital Deluxe Edition as well?

Or will I now be buying the 20€ upgrade for my CE account to get more pixels, on top of first having bought a Standard Edition, and then a Collectors Edition? :csw_trooper::wea_02:

Yes damn it, I am addicted.

Edited by Doelago

Yes I don't thing you understand me, like I said BW is not obligated to give me anything. I just don't see why they cant give the same item to everyone, to stop arguing.

To be totally honest you are just looking for an argument. You ask why people who have the CE feel they should have the same items as the DDE and more....... you know the answer, they paid more plane and simple. You have made your point.

Your point: Just because the CE people paid more than the DDE that does not make BW obligated to give more loot to (or the same loot + other stuff) the CE.

Other peoples point: It does make them obligated, to make things fair!

Sadly you're

with your argument Edited by Covax

We paid almost double for our copy of the game.. We do deserve more.. It goes with paying more.. :cool:

You got more. You got a statue and an art book and that CD and that's all they said you would get. Anything added in after launch should be available to everyone because we are now paying the same amount in subscriptions. You deserve the same amount as everyone else... It goes with paying the same... :rak_03:

You got more. You got a statue and an art book and that CD and that's all they said you would get. Anything added in after launch should be available to everyone because we are now paying the same amount in subscriptions. You deserve the same amount as everyone else... It goes with paying the same... :rak_03:

try actually reading atleast some of the thread next time, proof has been provided that we did not get all we paid for, thank you go troll somewhere else.

Frankly, after watching some of the QQ I hope as a DDE owner we get a "sidekick banner" then laugh as it takes an extra space in those CE collector's hold.

Can we all just wait to see what Bioware comes up with for the DDE item first?

Frankly, after watching some of the QQ I hope as a DDE owner we get a "sidekick banner" then laugh as it takes an extra space in those CE collector's hold.

Can we all just wait to see what Bioware comes up with for the DDE item first?

read the dev quote in this thread

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players".

they never said it was an item

Perhaps not. Nice of you to point that out. The doesn't that invalidate this whole qq thread now?

like i said in my post on the previous page alot of ppl jumped the gun, but in another post i made i also blamed that on BW they always give some vague announcement and its gets blow out of perportion.

edit: but also this topic has spun off into a couple others

Edited by GooseGrims