Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

Or how about we all get nothing? They should have done a survey to test the community's' response on this matter. Any DDE owners who answered THAT ISN'T FAIR automatically got disqualified from rewards, etc.

Bunch of whinny's. Just play the game and deal with what you're given.

I'm not even going to touch base about how wrong the lot of you saying how CE's store shouldn't matter, blah blah. I'm just going to tell you bluntly, that you're wrong.

The only people I see whining are the CE folks whining that Bioware decided to give DDE anything. No matter the reason they did it, using th CE store as an excuse to get anything and everything anyone else gets is ridiculous. Especially if people are trying to use the "well we paid more for the game so we should get something and you shouldnt". The DDE folks paid more then standard so by that logic should they not also get something? Now I don't think anyone's arguing that CE shouldn't get anything but CE is already being given several things and because Bioware decided to give DDE one thing doesn't mean CE is entitled to it.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a point the only fair way to do things is give the DDE an item and give CE same item plus the other stuff.

He launched a tirade of whining because Bioware released some vague information. I purchased a DDE and I seriously don't care about any vanity items anymore and I don't care about the cash shop and f2p. But it seems like the cash shop and all the cartel coins ******** will be a primary focus of this reduced development team from now on. An immediate response to this thread and complete lack of communication on issues that REALLY matter (check out the class forums - no word on class balance for weeks, no word on performance optimization, what happened to space project, Nightmare Denova etc. etc.) would confirm that assumption.

They shifted from speaking to people who care about this game to speaking to spoiled, whining brats. And with the focus on cash shop it will only continue. They listen to these whiners and they will be adding more and more pay to win. i seriously should leave this forums because I lost all hope that this game can be a fraction of what was promised and what I expected it to be.

Edited by vandana_

i see you have a masters in Delusion. this is the thread that started all of this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=513349

go ahead and lie all you like but the proof is here for everyone to see.

I fail to see where he argued that DDE should ge something, you are again making up your own facts. You accuse him of arguing that DDE should get something when he made no such claim. And if you paid attention enough to look at dates even if that one was started before he was posting in this one before he even posted in the other one.

In your words: "So we DID NOT get what we paid for. Pretty simple, actually."

Then you should get what you paid for - the specific things you claim you did not receive and only those things. This does NOT mean that you should get anything at all when the game switches to F2P, nor should CE owners get anything better than anyone else at this point.

See, past buying the game, we all became the same: subscribers. If there are perks to hand out going F2P, then all SUBSCRIBERS should get the same perks and items.

That part IS pretty simple.

Because we paid for CE to get ALL + MORE

to get everything DDE gets and MORE

Why should we get it ? because its fu stupid if we don't... we payed for CE to get EVERYTHING, if DDE get something we dont then we have payed more for less... thats why.

Not ad infinitum. You paid to get more AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. You GOT more. You don't own any claim to CONTINUE TO GET MORE, as we have all paid the same amount for this game since the time of purchase.

He launched a tirade of whining because Bioware released some vague information. I purchased a DDE and I seriously don't care about any vanity items anymore and I don't care about the cash shop and f2p. But it seems like the cash shop and all the cartel coins ******** will be a primary focus of this reduced development team from now on. An immediate response to this thread and complete lack of communication on issues that REALLY matter (check out the class forums - no word on class balance for weeks, no word on performance optimization, what happened to space project, Nightmare Denova etc. etc.) would confirm that assumption.

They shifted from speaking to people who care about this game to speaking to spoiled, whining brats. And with the focus on cash shop it will only continue. They listen to these whiners and they will be adding more and more pay to win. i seriously should leave this forums because I lost all hope that this game can be a fraction of what was promised and what I expected it to be.

True ya maybe the messenger isnt perfect but the message is still a good one. Take lord of the rings online for example. They have 3 levels of purchase for the rohan expansion. The base version you get 1000 points and a mount. The heroic version (middle of the road like the dde here) you get all that plus a couple other cosmetic things. The heroic version also opens a ton of previous content if you are f2p that otherwise cost points. The legendary version (top end like a CE here) has everything the other two had plus for paying top dollar you get a 6th inventory bag free and a skill noone else gets for mounted combat.

So if you want your customers to not complain simply follow this basic formula:

Base gets A, DDE gets A + B, CE gets A+B+C. If you do that noone will complain. Noone is complaining over at lotro. (Well some people complain about anything but you know what I mean)

I'd just like to ask this one question of everyone.

Why are we players allowing EA/Bioware to divide us?

Whether we bought CE, DDE or just the standard edition we've already paid the money and got what we paid for. Then all it takes is for them to say that they're going to give something to CE people and DDE people complain, then it's they're going to give something unique to DDE customers too causing some CE customers to complain.

Why not simply say that what's important is not what edition of the game you have but whether or not you subscribe at all. If you are still subscribing when F2P comes in to effect or shortly after that date then you deserve the benefits of everything Bioware/EA are promising to both CE and DDE customers.

I am a CE customer and I'm not complaining about whether r not I'm getting something that others aren'tor that others are getting something I'm not but merely offering the suggestion that what's important is whether or not players are subscribing no matter what edition of the game players have. That's the important part and it's all the subscribers who should be rewarded for sticking with the game by receiving thank you gifts considering what many players have gone through over the months since starting this game.

I'd just like to ask this one question of everyone.

Why are we players allowing EA/Bioware to divide us?

Whether we bought CE, DDE or just the standard edition we've already paid the money and got what we paid for. .

thats just it, CE was not given all they payed for, they still advertise to this day that it will have regular updates and in almost 9 months we have only gotten a reskin of a pet that everyone already had. and a point alot of ppl were trying to make an i agree with is we payed for all the perks + the CE exclusives. and thats the way the F2P converstion was happening, everyone was getting something CE was getting thier exclusives and DDE started an uproar.

then you have the DDE owners like Xippo that come in here and twist ppls words and act like everything they say is a devine gift which devided the community.

thats just it, CE was not given all they payed for, they still advertise to this day that it will have regular updates and in almost 9 months we have only gotten a reskin of a pet that everyone already had. and a point alot of ppl were trying to make an i agree with is we payed for all the perks + the CE exclusives. and thats the way the F2P converstion was happening, everyone was getting something CE was getting thier exclusives and DDE started an uproar.

then you have the DDE owners like Xippo that come in here and twist ppls words and act like everything they say is a devine gift which devided the community.

The main reason I got the CE was for that store. I was promised on my box a dynamic store that would have things other people cannot get unless they are CE. Dynamic means they would add new things to it (possibly remove things from it making them even more collectible) every now and again. There has been nothing since launch. That is a huge selling point for me. Who wouldnt want access to social gear noone else can get? To me that sealed the deal I needed the CE.

Ok now it makes sense: the CE vendor!!!:csw_jabbapet:

(Hey I knew a great guy on Eclipse with a busted back.)

im not doubting they are hurt, but after being provided proof and then claiming im "plucking arbitrary facts our of thin air" and then admits to being on drugs they totally invalidated thier whole arguement.

You see m8, in my twisted mind the little jabba varmint means: /sarcastic

But you are too deeply chocked by your emotions that you get tunnel vision

well you see "m8" when you scroll over that all it says is "Jabba's Pet" how am i to know what it means in your mind? and im not chocked by anything but the laughing fits ive been having after Xippo said they were on percocet, do you know some of the side effects of percocet? here are 3 i find most notable, Confusion, hallucinations, and mental or mood changes (eg, agitation, anxiety, depression) and i was pointing out by saying they were on said drug they invalidated thier arguement.

also i didnt comment on what you said about the CE in the first place i commented on what you said about knowing someone with a back back, and that did not doubt thier claims to being injured.

Yes, I'm just saying that you keep this rant alive by choosing the wrong target

i didnt choose any target, they started quoting me and claiming im (and all CE owners) "whiny and self entitled" and making false claims even after providing proof to my claims. yes i could have let it go, i guess im a confrontational person when ppl are wildly throwig insults twords me. but im glad i stood my ground cause i let them paint themselfs into a corner lol.

Edited by GooseGrims

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately this thread has continued to be a place for personal attacks and so we are going to be closing this thread. If you wish to continue this discussion, feel free to make another thread on this topic. Again, please avoid personal attacks against other users or we will be forced to close that thread as well. Don't forget, if you are having an issue with a specific community member, you can always add them to your ignore list from their profile page.

Thank you all for your understanding on this closure.