Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

You know for a long time I felt for CE people with them spending so much to get so little. But they just belittle anyone who also didnt get it to the point where I think most of you are just *****s who think they are entitled to everything.

DDE = CE. We just didnt want the $100 statue. :rolleyes:

Digital Deluxe is not CE, theres a reason its not called Digital collectors edition like what other games have...

We belittle DDE people people they whine and whine and whine bioware till they give in and give them stuff making the CE less worth.

Remember the 30 days free for all those with high lv chars? yea yea then the new player moaned so they all got it, bioware will always gave in to those who moan and now i shall moan back.

Edited by AdamChattaway

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

Yes because the Malgus statue, the Music CD, the art book, the doggle security key, and the rest of the extra's in the CE don't justify the added cost from what the DD got. Nope none of that has any value to explain the cost difference at all....get real. There are much bigger and better things to QQ over than this. While I will agree that maybe adding something different for the DD that isn't CE is a bit odd, digitally they should get the same things...the rewards for the CE were the physical items in the collector's edition....and the mouse droid I suppose. You have already been rewarded for spending the extra money. Deluxe and Collector editions should have the same in game item/bonuses/gifts. The difference between the two should be the physical items you seem to have forgotten you already got.

Again...the value of the CE was the limited edition physical items. That is what you paid more for...PHYSICAL ITEMS not digital rewards. Like others have said...some people that got the CE think they are special and deserve more than others because they paid more. Yet they always forget about the physical items they got the and value of them.

Edited by Datku

As a DD person, I don;t need a stupid item. This is what they need to do to fix this entire thing:

CE gets the Banner

CE gets 1000 Cartel Coins

DD gets 500 Cartel Coins.

Done deal.

Yup, sounds resonable.. might even be what will happen too.

get real people bought ce for that store and got nothing yes we demand more we want more

If you bought the CE for the digital store only then that was your fault. Even back when the packages were first announced before pre-orders and all through Beta the digital store was going to be fluff and nothing more. Was said over and over and over and over that the digital store was not going to be some super item store for the CE buyers. The value of the CE was in the PHYSICAL items not the digital store. If you went CE for the digital store then again...your problem for placing too much value on the wrong thing. There was sooo many threads on the beta forums from people warning everyone don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store you will be disappointed. The "big" prize for the CE was the Malgus Statue...limited edition. The music CD was also a bonus but pretty much a standard of any CE version of a game along with the art book. And the security doggle saved you from having to order one or use Android/iPhone app. Since you keep missing it will say it one last time...the VALUE OF YOUR CE BOX IS THE "LIMITED EDITION" PHYSICAL ITEMS that ONLY CE got. Not even the box version of the deluxe edition got any of those items only you...the special CE buyers got those items for spending more. The CE store was Fluff and nothing else. I am sorry if you bought the CE only for the store thinking you were special or better than others...your not, the only way you are special is by you Darth Malgus Statue. Enjoy it.

Edited by Datku

Lets give an example here: You buy a car.

You spend more than your neighbor who buys the same car. You spent more because they advertised the vehicle as having some nice amenities that the cheaper version didn't come with. When signing the paperwork they tell you "Oh, the moon roof, remote keyless entry, GPS, and rear seat DVD systems will be installed later." They also include a few bonuses like a dust cover, a bra, a license plate holder, and some car wax.... things that don't make the vehicle drive better, but they can be nice anyway.

Flash forward a few months

You have been trying to get in contact with the dealership to get the additional amenities you PAID for installed, but they wont take your calls. You stop by, but the manager is never around, and no one else can authorize it. You talk to your neighbor about it and he tells you to "shove off" because you don't deserve the stuff you paid for because they gave you a bunch of cheap crap you never wanted.

You are saying that we don't deserve to get what we paid for?

The moral of the story here dude is never ever buy a car from EA. And dont spend loads of money CE's unless your after the statue. Btw did they say a timeline on adding new stuff? Maybe they have stuff for you guys next Xmas. Does it mean everytime they add new content someone has to design something for the CE owners

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players".

Note the something. Nobody said it was an item. Stop jumping the bloody gun. I swear some of you CE owners come across as very entitled.

Edited by Selvec

If you bought the CE for the digital store only then that was your fault. Even back when the packages were first announced before pre-orders and all through Beta the digital store was going to be fluff and nothing more. Was said over and over and over and over that the digital store was not going to be some super item store for the CE buyers. The value of the CE was in the PHYSICAL items not the digital store. If you went CE for the digital store then again...your problem for placing too much value on the wrong thing. There was sooo many threads on the beta forums from people warning everyone don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store you will be disappointed. The "big" prize for the CE was the Malgus Statue...limited edition. The music CD was also a bonus but pretty much a standard of any CE version of a game along with the art book. And the security doggle saved you from having to order one or use Android/iPhone app. Since you keep missing it will say it one last time...the VALUE OF YOUR CE BOX IS THE "LIMITED EDITION" PHYSICAL ITEMS that ONLY CE got. Not even the box version of the deluxe edition got any of those items only you...the special CE buyers got those items for spending more.

Sorry i couldn't be arsed to read that massive pile of crap, but essentially you are saying that I PLACED too much TRUST in Bioware, and i EXPECTED too much from bioware, and i payed for soemthing that i SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT from bioware... when i go and buy skyrim dawnguard i expect to use a crossbow, if they remove it now is that ok ? *** are you talking about, yes i wanted fluff i don't want super lightsabers or whatever off the store, but i want fun content i can use not nothing.

Edited by AdamChattaway

@AdamChattaway Enjoy your Darth Malgus Statue...it gives you a bonus to feeling special if you rub his belly :p

There is something cosmically wrong about comparing a statue of Darth Malgus to a Statue of Buddha :p

I'm a CE owner, and I'm going to be very blunt, direct, and up front. Or better known as "breaking it down Barney style" so we are all on the same page. If you recognize that jargon, great! If not, no worries.

Fact of the matter is really simple: if you bought the CE, DDE, regulatr version you got ripped off. Period. End of story. Or to be very direct: if you have a physical copy of the game would you have spent what you spent that much to play the game when it launched? Nope. It's free. Heck, the digital fluff items would have been "limited" items in the cash store to give EVERYONE who wants to spend real money on them at launch.

You can attack regular edition owners, DDE owners, CE owners all you want. Have fun with that, and let me know how that works for you, Kay? The reality is we all got hosed. In what world does anyone think $149.99 = 1000 Cartel Coins? Or 500 for the DDE (I'm not googling it, I'm log onto the forums on my iPhone and don't feel like it)? Or 250 for the regular edition (see before)? I'm sorry but I would not spend $149.99 + tax for 1000 CC (ie Microsoft at least gives me 1600 MS for $19.99).

To make this very simple: if you own ANY version of the physical copy of SWTOR you got hosed, ripped off, etc. But cheers my friends: my CE game disc looks A LOT cooler than the CE game disc of DC Univers Online, so, I have a new favorite coaster. :rak_03: not that drink anything that need coasters, but I'm prepared.

Edited by jason_ralph

Ok so all the people moaned and now bioware is making a special item for DD edition of the game, ok so give it the collectors edition then i payed £130 to get all + more items, if you make an item for DD and don't give it to CE then i shall be very annoyed. don't think you can give someone who payed half the price unique items CE don't get, i payed for the FU CE store for god sakes and nothing is added to that but a dam pet in 7 months everyone got a better version of free anyway.

So you received nothing else in the CE box but the game itself? That being the case, I am glad I did not buy the CE and only bought the DD, at least I got 5 virtual items for my upgrade.

Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.

As a dev for another game once said (to paraphrase), they can give every player in the game a bag with a $10 bill in it for no other reason than they are playing the game and the players will complain that it wasn't a $20 bill. I can also add that they will complain about the size, shape, and color of the bag in which the money was contained on top of that.

Wrong... and who are you to say why anyone bought a certain version of the game? I bought the CE version because I was promised that the items for the ingame CE vendor would be added to for the life of the game.

There's nothing to say that the CE vendor won't get updated at some point in the future. TBH, I think adding virtual items to a limited access vendor to be a bit lower down on the priority list than say things like bug fixes, major game content updates, and the like. I certainly wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated at any time within the first year of SWTOR's life, even if this game was a blockbuster success.

And ultimately, the cost of the CE included the physical items you got in the box. Whether you care one whit about them or not is not really BW or EA's problem.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

You know for a long time I felt for CE people with them spending so much to get so little. But they just belittle anyone who also didnt get it to the point where I think most of you are just *****s who think they are entitled to everything.

DDE = CE. We just didnt want the $100 statue. :rolleyes:

No, that's false. CE owners get a little droid pet as well as access to the CE store and the mediocre merchandise it holds. Whether or not you think that's worth it is beside the point, which is that CE is not just the DDE with the physical items in the box.

No it's a digital collector.

You have 2 of each

1: Physical Standard - 60$

2: Physical Collector - 150$

1: Digital Standard - 60$

2: Digital Deluxe(Collector) - 80$

Digital Deluxe has always been the Digital collectors edition because it always offers everything the Physical does except for the physical items.

Wrong again.. I bought both. No where as a DDE customer was I promised to have acess to a CE store where the items sold were to be updated during the life of the game.

LOL did that actually happen?! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, I mean people moaned about the random class I picked in Dec. of 2011 and got it nerfed all to Hell, and then nerfed the random crew skill I picked and got that nerfed all to Hell too, so why shouldn't Bioware continue to placate the whining masses for BS stuff instead of fixing REAL problems?

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Hi folks, I just wanted to drop in to let you know that, thanks to all of your feedback, we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players. We're not quite ready to say what exactly, but know that this is definitely happening. Thanks again!

They gotta do something with all those leftover Darth Malgus statues.....:o

If you bought the CE for the digital store only then that was your fault. Even back when the packages were first announced before pre-orders and all through Beta the digital store was going to be fluff and nothing more. Was said over and over and over and over that the digital store was not going to be some super item store for the CE buyers. The value of the CE was in the PHYSICAL items not the digital store. If you went CE for the digital store then again...your problem for placing too much value on the wrong thing. There was sooo many threads on the beta forums from people warning everyone don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store, don't buy the CE for the store you will be disappointed. The "big" prize for the CE was the Malgus Statue...limited edition. The music CD was also a bonus but pretty much a standard of any CE version of a game along with the art book. And the security doggle saved you from having to order one or use Android/iPhone app. Since you keep missing it will say it one last time...the VALUE OF YOUR CE BOX IS THE "LIMITED EDITION" PHYSICAL ITEMS that ONLY CE got. Not even the box version of the deluxe edition got any of those items only you...the special CE buyers got those items for spending more. The CE store was Fluff and nothing else. I am sorry if you bought the CE only for the store thinking you were special or better than others...your not, the only way you are special is by you Darth Malgus Statue. Enjoy it.

Would you consider the CE vendor officer suit which is now fully modable as only a fluff item? I do not.

Would you consider the CE vendor officer suit which is now fully modable as only a fluff item? I do not.

Yeah, kinda, as long as it doesn't contain any stats better than what you can get in game (which would then boarder on P2W), it still is fluff as you can load it with whatever stats you like and wear it for the look - hence fluff.

There's nothing to say that the CE vendor won't get updated at some point in the future. TBH, I think adding virtual items to a limited access vendor to be a bit lower down on the priority list than say things like bug fixes, major game content updates, and the like. I certainly wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated at any time within the first year of SWTOR's life, even if this game was a blockbuster success.

And ultimately, the cost of the CE included the physical items you got in the box. Whether you care one whit about them or not is not really BW or EA's problem.

BJ

Don't say that and get them riled up or they'll soon be whining about that too and Bioware will give the DDE full access to the CE store. ;)

TBH, I think adding virtual items to a limited access vendor to be a bit lower down on the priority list than say things like bug fixes, major game content updates, and the like. I certainly wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated at any time within the first year of SWTOR's life, even if this game was a blockbuster success.

You would be right, except for the fact that Bioware stepped in and announced that we should expect regular updates to the CE store. So, yeah, they set that expectation themselves.

You would be right, except for the fact that Bioware stepped in and announced that we should expect regular updates to the CE store. So, yeah, they set that expectation themselves.

Did they say when the updates would occur, or just that they would occur on a regular basis? If they gave no date on when the first update would occur, then I would have to say that this is more of that "player expectation" problem then a "BioWare promise" problem. Again, I personally wouldn't have expected the vendor to be updated until after the first year of the game's life, and then of course expect regular updates thereafter ...

...but then again, regular updates thereafter could also mean once every six months or once a year or once every other year. Still a regular update there, just not a frequent update. There we go with our player expectations again.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler