The SWTOR Forums vs. The Game

Talon_strikes

Why is it that BioWare seemingly made the SWTOR forums more fun than the game itself? Please tell me why? :(

In the forums at least we have real Open World PvP. We got the Criticizers (aka haters) vs. the Defenders (aka fanbois) vs. CommunitySupport (the account that locks all reported threads). The threads are filled with a variety of content and there's tons of endgame to go around.

And at least the TOFN chat keeps breaking. That's good because that's the only situation in which we'll receive communication from BioWare... ever... and it'll let us all know there are still employees inside BioWare Austin.

BioWare, please improve your game. I'm trying to love it as much as possible, but most of the time I spend on the forums would actually be devoted to the game if it had what the forums had.

Oh, and by the way, you guys lied in some parts in

video thus causing this image to be created and highly accurate. :o Edited by HomicidalWhales

Why is it that BioWare seemingly made the SWTOR forums more fun than the game itself? Please tell me why? :(

In the forums at least we have real Open World PvP. We got the Criticizers (aka haters) vs. the Defenders (aka fanbois) vs. CommunitySupport (the account that locks all reported threads). The threads are filled with a variety of content and there's tons of endgame to go around.

And at least the TOFN chat keeps breaking. That's good because that's the only situation in which we'll receive communication from BioWare... ever... and it'll let us all know there are still employees inside BioWare Austin.

BioWare, please improve your game. I'm trying to love it as much as possible, but most of the time I spend on the forums would actually be devoted to the game if it had what the forums had.

video thus causing this image to be created and highly accurate. :o

I loved the image you posted. Its so true so true. I never noticed how close those skills actually were. Thank you for proving that WoW clones fail so horribly

Awesome post and I agree, forums are far more entertaining than the game itself.

If you're honestly having more fun on the forums than ingame and not just hyperbolin' your way through posts then I'm actually worried for you.

I applaud your choice of title though. Most silly one I've seen in a while. Nicely done.

Hopefully your next MMO will be more to your liking :w_cool:

Honestly, not to sound sarcastic, but this thread is full of win. I Googled, "Heroic Strike", as I've never played WoW before. So they basically took WoW, copied the UI, the quest grind, the end game, even the mechanics of how Sith Warrior plays and the Warrior from WoW... I guess the only thing they did was add cut scenes, voice overs, and throw a Star Wars skin over it and call it a new game.

Good job... I've been wondering why I keep replying to post about how bugs in this game still exist that have existed since launch. They cant even create a game using their own brains, lead alone fix a problem within the game that requires them to think and debug.

I've never gotten to a point where I've actually loathed a game and started bashing it like my comments above. But seeing the same things exist through launch, even though the devs have said the issue is fixed. That picture was worth a thousand words. I like Star Wars, but I'm not a huge nerd over it. It''s kept me interested to finally level to end game in an MMO since it released, compared to others.

I'd try to defend it, but the only reason I go into the game is to talk to guildies. The forums are much more interesting than the game itself. And now I see why there's so much negativity and hate towards it, because in reality, it deserves it... Tomorrow will bring more end-game content to the forums. The end-game of end-games, a much more telling tale, of how quickly this game is bleeding subs even with the 6 months subs still going. Will be an interesting event to see nonetheless...

Sadly this is the case for me too.

I log on to these forums to see whats new and if there is anything interesting around about 7-10 times a day. I spend about 20 min on avarage while here readin all the news.

In contrast, I log on 2-3 times a day on avarage to the game itself, and spend about ~5min online because there is just not enough stuff to do.

Please Bioware, I loved this game as much as a person possibly can. There just is nothing to do in it! Leveling a new character all over does not sound heroic. There is nothing for end game. God, I would even be happy to go gather some herbs or go fishing as in wow. But my crew skills can be done from fleet aswell...

Forums are not toxic, are the thermometer that measures game's health.

I lived this situation before in another game: SWG. SOE ignored their playerbase, even when that playerbase flooded the forums with QQ thread if they bring live NGE and telling them that it was going to kill SWG. They brought NGE to the game and they've got a massive leaves and killed the game.

Edited by Diktat

I log on here... havent logged onto the game in a month... now that should be sounding alarm bells somewhere... apart from my head.

the forums are classic funny,

I wish i could see everypost i have made here. it would show my fall from fanboi and defender of the galaxy (game) to over it and wingeing for a refund, to trollololol and in 3 weeks or so to not here anymore

The forums are better because I do not have to wait 40 mins for a forum post to pop. Also if another forum poster quits before pressing submit, I do not have to struggle to cover them.

and

We have a large variety of playable char types on the forums with far less humans.

Edited by Elkirin

this thread just won the forums.

So much win and truth to this post. :D

Also, has anyone noticed that general chat on all planets pre chapter 1 are now "barrens" chat. So many insiteful comments in general chat these days.