Bioware, when are you nerfing marauders/sentinels?

thechimera

This isn't a post about whether marauders/sentinels should be nerfed - everyone except for people actively playing marauders/sentinels and a small selection of brain-damaged children knows that they need nerfing.

My question is simply: when will this happen? If it happens soon, I may resub. If there are no plans to nerf them, I'll be taking my business elsewhere, because in over 10 years and over 15 MMOs I've never encountered a class this overpowered in PvP. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a post about whether marauders/sentinels should be nerfed - everyone except for people actively playing marauders/sentinels and a small selection of brain-damaged children knows that they need nerfing.

My question is simply: when will this happen? If it happens soon, I may resub. If there are no plans to nerf them, I'll be taking my business elsewhere, because in over 10 years and over 15 MMOs I've never encountered a class this overpowered in PvP. :)

if you cant kill them - not means they are OP.

Im killing them in 9/10 fights. - gunslinger.

if you cant kill them - not means they are OP.

Im killing them in 9/10 fights. - gunslinger.

Okay, obviously English isn't your first language so I'll forgive you for missing the point of the thread: it's a thread asking WHEN they'll be nerfed, not if they should be nerfed.

Also, gunslinger/sniper is the 2nd most OP class right now, so.. not really surprising.

They will be nerfed when BW has the required number of QQ threads from people that lack the skill to deal with them. :cool:

As a marauder, I get killed all the time. Does this mean I am a bad marauder? Maybe, as I don't really pvp that often, and I'm only just starting to get my battlemaster gear together. I find that I die very easy to the smarter players, because they recognize that if left alone, I can do some damage. So I am usually focused down very early in a fight.

If my healers (if there are even any, and I mostly enter wz's alone) are to slow to heal me, I am dead in a matter of moments, unless I pop undying rage. Again, the smarter players cc me, and I am useless til that is gone and I am killed.

Bottom line, It can be really easy or really hard to take down anyone in wz's. This is my experience. Again, I don't pvp as often as I'd like to, but even as any of my other characters in pvp, I can down a marauder. If you need a strategy, make one up. Otherwise, I'd just say try to time your abilities and cc a little better.

Hopefully I helped out in some way. I really like this game and it would be a shame to lose some more people. I get frustrated in pvp here and there, but mostly just in it for the fun.

I guess you didn't start playing this game until after 1.3?

Because if you had then you would know that Operatives, Sorcs, and Assassin tanks were all way more overpowered at certain points than maras are right now.

I think it is arguable that mara's are the best class in pvp right now, but the argument can be made for several other classes/specs as well. To say that they are the most OP class you have seen in over 10 years of mmo gaming is such shameless hyperbole that no one is going to take your QQ seriously.

The people who disagree with you aren't "brain - damaged", they just have a basic understanding of this games mechanics.

oh, can I haz yer stuff?

This is a new and interesting subject. Thank you for contributing.

Its the same thing as the other threads (if you payed attention) BW NERF MARAUDERS/SENTINELS, WHEN ARE YOU GONNA NERF MARAUDERS SENTINELS, OVERPOWERED, BW SENTINELS NEED NERF. Nothing new . . .

Some people hate marauders because said people bad. I killed a sorc a few times in outlaws den last night, and afterward, he proceeded to tell me how OP marauders were (while he literally stood in one spot the entire time and spammed lightning strike until he was dead).

Now, not everyone is THAT bad, but the majority of people who play have no clue about the offensive or defensive cooldowns/capabilities of any class other than their own (much less any concept of another class's play style). And rather than learning said capabilities and how to counter them, they come to the forums in order to ***** and moan...all the while hoping for a nerf.

Its the same thing as the other threads (if you payed attention) BW NERF MARAUDERS/SENTINELS, WHEN ARE YOU GONNA NERF MARAUDERS SENTINELS, OVERPOWERED, BW SENTINELS NEED NERF. Nothing new . . .

Sarcasm rarely translates well on the internet.

I wish I could give his comment a 5 rating while giving this post a 1.

Yeah, I'm not really having any trouble killing them on my sorc. Sorry.

Oh and if you resub can i have your stuff please :)

Okay, obviously English isn't your first language so I'll forgive you for missing the point of the thread: it's a thread asking WHEN they'll be nerfed, not if they should be nerfed.

Also, gunslinger/sniper is the 2nd most OP class right now, so.. not really surprising.

I kill them on my madness sorc. all the time, don't think I've lost a 1v1 against a marauder since before 1.1. Even fully min/maxed marauders can't do squat if you know how/when to counter them and every class has enough to do that. I kill them on my PT (EASILY if I'm AP), I kill them on my deception Assassin, I kill them on my MM Sniper. I don't get it... how are they OP when I can beat best them so consistantly as 1 of the weakest classes (sorc) and one of the worst possible specs (deception - though I have to disagree with that popular opinion)? I'd say I'm ~ 11-6 wins/losses against full WH-geared marauders in 1v1's as my Deception Assassin (who has been 50 for 3 days now - only has WH weapon, BM helm/chest/gloves/boots/legs/focus, and recruit ear/implants/relics/belt/bracer) - and, well... seriously... what is causing this? It should be impossible if they were as OP as people have been claiming.

Do marauders decimate you if you have no idea how to stop their HUGE damage windows? Mmm-hmm.

Do marauders survive longer than most tanks normally do in focus-fire situation if you don't know how/when to

counter their defensives? Yes. (Though I'd say tankassin wins this one).

Can marauders rock you when they're at full resolve? Yep, if they aren't rooted/slowed.

Can marauders rock you when you don't have your knockbacks/stuns/roots/slows/etc. due to cooldown? Sure.

Does it matter what class you're facing in any of the previous situational questions I asked result in any different outcome? No. You will get destroyed by any class you haven't learned to counter.

Sniper/Gunslinger isn't OP - you're saying they're OP because they beat marauder. The most OP class right now is actually Pyro PT/Assault VG: mostly due to broken mechanics pertaining to its cylinder + the cylinder's DoT damage being very high with short duration - making it deal huge burst damage. If they fix the cylinder by introducing an internal proc-rate timer of even 0.1s, reduce its damage and/or increase its duration -both of which will result in it causing less significant burst- then Pyro/Assault PT/VG will become far more balanced without actually gimping the class/spec (Pyro/Assault's burst cycles will still be just as good... but they'll lose those 2k+ potential crit ticks from the cylinder's DoT, which tick 3 times per application).

I kill them on my madness sorc. all the time, don't think I've lost a 1v1 against a marauder since before 1.1. Even fully min/maxed marauders can't do squat if you know how/when to counter them and every class has enough to do that. I kill them on my PT (EASILY if I'm AP), I kill them on my deception Assassin, I kill them on my MM Sniper. I don't get it... how are they OP when I can beat best them so consistantly as 1 of the weakest classes (sorc) and one of the worst possible specs (deception - though I have to disagree with that popular opinion)? I'd say I'm ~ 11-6 wins/losses against full WH-geared marauders in 1v1's as my Deception Assassin (who has been 50 for 3 days now - only has WH weapon, BM helm/chest/gloves/boots/legs/focus, and recruit ear/implants/relics/belt/bracer) - and, well... seriously... what is causing this? It should be impossible if they were as OP as people have been claiming.

Do marauders decimate you if you have no idea how to stop their HUGE damage windows? Mmm-hmm.

Do marauders survive longer than most tanks normally do in focus-fire situation if you don't know how/when to

counter their defensives? Yes. (Though I'd say tankassin wins this one).

Can marauders rock you when they're at full resolve? Yep, if they aren't rooted/slowed.

Can marauders rock you when you don't have your knockbacks/stuns/roots/slows/etc. due to cooldown? Sure.

Does it matter what class you're facing in any of the previous situational questions I asked result in any different outcome? No. You will get destroyed by any class you haven't learned to counter.

I share the same sentiment, on my scoundrel healer, Maras\Sents are among the least dangerous classes for me. Honestly, usually I can just run around with one of them on me while healing my teammates without too many issues.

He's just doesn't know how to play - so instead of adjusting and learning to play he whines on the forums.

Edited by Scoloplastic