The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware - When are you going to fix the class imbalance in PvP?

Karillon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some intelligent and justified responses, but mostly just ranting and hating. I figured as much. Only time that the classes are balanced in a warzone is when each side has the same amount of marauders/sentinels & powertech/vanguard on them. Otherwise, these classes have way more damage output than the other classes.

did you see this link we are talking about ?

what i'm saying is that there will always be a perceived overpowerness in a MMO.

but with every OP-ness, there's a counter.

this is not CoD, or some FPS console game. with MMO, there's ALWAYS a paper-rock-scissors relationship.

the problem is that people are throwing rocks at paper, or scissors at stone, and expecting a winning outcome. and when they don't, they call the other class OP.

those people are who i refer to when I say "bads".

And yeah... this.... people just don't get it.

It's like the post the other day where a gunslinger tried to solo cap against 2 PT's.... There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

And yeah... this.... people just don't get it.

It's like the post the other day where a gunslinger tried to solo cap against 2 PT's.... There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

hahaha i saw it. That was a good troll. It couldn't be serious.

Some intelligent and justified responses, but mostly just ranting and hating. I figured as much. Only time that the classes are balanced in a warzone is when each side has the same amount of marauders/sentinels & powertech/vanguard on them. Otherwise, these classes have way more damage output than the other classes.

Of course those classes do more damage than other classes...they are DPS classes! herpaderpderpubad

DPS classes doing exceptional DPS. Crazy, I know.

And why would you expect any reasonable response to your original post? It was just a butthurt rant with no specifics whatsoever. Just another QQ missive in the long trail of tears...

You guys are missing the point here. These classes are meant to do damage. You don't see a sentinel carrying the hutt ball from one end to the other end like a Guardian do now do you?

Each classes have different roles. These classes seem to do well because the score board highlights damage done. But to be honest, the only way that you can do obscene amounts of damage is if the team are somewhat on a stalemate and if the DPS has a pocket healer or two.

Edited by itskurtyo

You guys are missing the point here. These classes are meant to do damage. You don't see a sentinel carrying the hutt ball from one end to the other end like a Guardian do now do you?

Under undying rage with heals? Sure you can.

I don't begrudge them their excellent damage. Its their superior defensive skills on top of it which makes them a bit OP.

LOL, as if we have any realistic control over that in a turret based warzone environment. Every class has numerous roots/slows.

exactly. now lets see how many escapes from roots/slows a PT pyro has:

PT - hmm.. ONE, every 2 minutes

now lets look at sorc - sprint ever 30 seconds? self cleanse (unlimited).

that's on a 1 on 1 environment. now you put in multiples, and a PT is perma-snared (not part of resolve), while a sorc can freely run away.

so again, i say to the sorc having problems with the Pyro, stop standing in melee range.

Each classes have different roles. These classes seem to do well because the score board highlights damage done. But to be honest, the only way that you can do obscene amounts of damage is if the team are somewhat on a stalemate and if the DPS has a pocket healer or two.

i love when we have battle royal in VS or NC, and both sides have healers (especially if their side has 2-3 healers keeping each other alive). i mean, it makes for a long match, but DAMN those numbers are huge!

hahaha i saw it. That was a good troll. It couldn't be serious.

Sadly I think he was serious... I see so many bad plays and bad players out there. I mean we all make mistakes.... the other night even I let myself get distracted and got ninja capped on voidstar and I'm like a door watching nazi that's yelling at my guild over vent so stay close and pay attention.

But seriously.... I see crap like that all the time. People really have no concept of what their role is and I think a lot of people kill mobs in PvE they think they should be able to in PvP. :D

Or maybe they had some run ins with some undergeared and lower leveled player in open world and are searching for that god like feeling they got when griefing the lowbies. IDK... Pretty much every regular WZ I see that guy that runs in head first into a group of 5 without cloak or anything... just trying to Rambo the node.

Anyways... way off topic but just felt the need to rant about bads when I thought about that guy. Never would I ever run into 2 PT's with a sniper/slinger. The fact that he was surprised that he got insta-melted is pretty damn funny tho.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

. Operatives and Scoundrels, despite their changes a few patches ago, still hit for an impressive amount of damage in their stealth trees.

Yes they do, except they have pretty horrible survivability, and they can only do their full damage rotation from stealth. Since they can only re-enter stealth from combat every 2 min, it makes it kind of hard to do this often.

Im not saying Ops are bad because they arent, but they certainly are far from a Marauder/PT

Guardian and Juggernaut DPS players can completely destroy in PvP, but they are more difficult to play than a Sentinel/Marauder in general so attaining higher numbers requires a very refined rotation and spec.

Guardians/Juggs are very good, this is true.

Commandos and Mercenaries also still hit really hard in either of their DPS specs if played correctly.

They do hit very hard as of 1.3, the problem is that their survivability is quite poor and they are extremely vulnerable to interupts.

The only class that I would say is under-tuned for PvP is the Sage and Sorcerer classes. They don't lack because of damage but just because of their very low defense.

True to some extent, Sorc are probably more squishy than they should be. But most Sorc players are really bad and apparently dont know what kiting is. Those who know how to kite do considerably better.

The reason Sentinel/Marauder and Vanguard/Powertech classes are over-powered is because they are relatively easy to play so it's simpler to produce higher numbers.

It is very true, Powertech especially is far too easy to play. They have far too few buttons to press and their rotation is about as simple as it gets. This is however not the only reason they are overpowered. Powertechs have far too much burst, particularly when most of their heavy hitting abilities are all instant cast and 30m range.

The reason Marauders are overpowered on the other hand is the fact they have an insane amount of defensive abilities, for more than any other class while maintaining extremely high damage and burst.

As far as im concerned, Powertech needs an extensive overhaul. They need to be given atleast 4 new abilities to use consistently while reducing the damage and modifiiers on their existing abilities.

As for Marauders, they need their defensive cooldowns retuned.

Of course those classes do more damage than other classes...they are DPS classes! herpaderpderpubad

And why would you expect any reasonable response to your original post? It was just a butthurt rant with no specifics whatsoever. Just another QQ missive in the long trail of tears...

Newsflash genius, every class that specs into a DPS role is a DPS class.

So attempting to justifiy a Powertechs damage by saying they are a DPS class is first of all not an argument, but rather a trivially obvious fact. Furthermore, it ridiculous to suggest that they should be doing more damage than most other DPS classes because that is not balanced.

Edited by Gidoru

Or maybe they had some run ins with some undergeared and lower leveled player in open world and are searching for that god like feeling they got when griefing the lowbies. IDK... Pretty much every regular WZ I see that guy that runs in head first into a group of 5 without cloak or anything... just trying to Rambo the node.

i did feel like an OP god this morning when the planets aligned.

in a NC, our team was losing mid, and they had 3 healers and 3 GOOD dps there, and we were not anywhere near capping it, so i decided to go out the east-way door, to hit west and take my chances with 1 or 2 defenders.

picked up the zerker / speed on the way. the defender standing there was a commando assault in recruit gear!.. :D

popped my cooldown, and with zerker, blew him up in 5 seconds.. turned the node, turned the tide (half of them went to west to recap, we got center, and never let go). it was one of those "that never works, but actually did this time" moments. :p

those sorc should probably learn to not run into melee range then.. :p

he doesn't have to run into it...every other class has a jump or pull to get the squishies anyway. Sage/Sorc should have been left alone or changed a bit ago.

Hey no wonder why you have no problem you guys and Sleen run with atleast two if not three Pt's,yup im from your server and seen your pre mades.

Oh and by the way my main is a scoundrel,so what you talking about a DPS class is supposed to DPS? apparently BW and the QQ crowd saw an end to that.

Edited by Sathid

he doesn't have to run into it...every other class has a jump or pull to get the squishies anyway. Sage/Sorc should have been left alone or changed a bit ago.
the jump cooldown probably needs to be increased to be on par with other gap closers.

the grapple (PT pyro) however, is on a 45s cooldown, and subject to resolve, so it doesn't work half the time.

case in point, by the time a ball runner is on your side of the ramp, he's got enough resolve built up that grapple will nearly never work.

i did feel like an OP god this morning when the planets aligned.

in a NC, our team was losing mid, and they had 3 healers and 3 GOOD dps there, and we were not anywhere near capping it, so i decided to go out the east-way door, to hit west and take my chances with 1 or 2 defenders.

picked up the zerker / speed on the way. the defender standing there was a commando assault in recruit gear!.. :D

popped my cooldown, and with zerker, blew him up in 5 seconds.. turned the node, turned the tide (half of them went to west to recap, we got center, and never let go). it was one of those "that never works, but actually did this time" moments. :p

LOL... I love those moments...

I actually had one last night while doing Ilum dailes. Ran into 2 pubs who must have been undergeared... maybe PvE gear (I run my dailes in PvP gear since I hunt pubs while completing dailies) and I wrecked these guys! Twice. As much as I love those god like moments... it rarely transitions into WZ's. There are times where I can solo cap against 2 defenders but I don't make a habit of it.... normally I ONLY do it in order to maybe draw defenders away from another node since I can attack.... cloak... pop UR and draw the fight out as long as possible hoping that one of these guys call for help. I do well in WZ's but even as a good marauder am I able to cap against a 2v1 very often. They either have to be under geared, very bad or just completely unexpecting of the attack. The fact that a sniper tried it against 2 PT's is hilarious. It is definitely a defender class and many people don't realize that or even understand the role of any class that they play. Another thing that separates good from bad.

I would be willing to bet that a decent sniper could DEFEND against 2 PT's as well as I could ATTACK 2 PT's and win. However that's still a 1/5 kinda chance. If that...

Edited by UGLYMRJ

exactly. now lets see how many escapes from roots/slows a PT pyro has:

PT - hmm.. ONE, every 2 minutes

now lets look at sorc - sprint ever 30 seconds? self cleanse (unlimited).

that's on a 1 on 1 environment. now you put in multiples, and a PT is perma-snared (not part of resolve), while a sorc can freely run away.

so again, i say to the sorc having problems with the Pyro, stop standing in melee range.

Oh, I forgot powertechs couldn't do any measureable DPS from distance. Silly me.

In the end, running away in a warzone is a temporary solution. It's not worth avoiding a death if it means I'm literally away from the rest of my team for 45 seconds. 5-10 seconds? Sure.

This seldom happens and honestly I seldom 1 vs 1 because that's not how warzones work.

I do need to get better at purging myself of effects, though. For sure. I focus too much on my team often times.

Edited by islander

Oh, I forgot powertechs couldn't do any measureable DPS from distance. Silly me.

In the end, running away in a warzone is a temporary solution. It's not worth avoiding a death if it means I'm literally away from the rest of my team for 45 seconds. This seldom happens and honestly I seldom 1 vs 1 because that's not how warzones work.

and a PT pyro never dies in the middle of a skrim trying to save a node :rolleyes:

and a PT pyro never dies in the middle of a skrim trying to save a node :rolleyes:

Don't kill the pyro... it only helps him manage heat...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OK, I'm done making fun of all the epic noob posts....