How often do you cleanse?

Rogozhi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch. I use it a crap ton on myself to get rid of roots and snares. I'm not the best at spotting a rooted ally and cleansing them, but I am better at it in huttball (especially when our ball carrier is running over a fire trap) . Honestly its usually on cd in a big scrap because there is allot of shlit to cleanse and I am usually running for my life so its at least one positive thing I can be doing in addition to tossing bubbles around.

Yeah, I'm like the guy above me. I cleanse myself constantly on cooldown, but find myself neglecting others a bit compared to myself. Of course, I'm not playing a main healer (at 50 at least), so that could be the issue. If I'm in a small ruckus, and I am not being targeted, I will cleanse an ally if I notice I can and it will make a difference.

I'm not convinced spamming cleanse is necessarily always the best since the game will happily cleanse absolutely nothing and use up a GCD. But since currently the powerful DPS classes all tend to leave a whole mess of random stuff on you, chances are pretty good you'll catch something valuable with a cleanse. I think that's a balance issue, though.

It's always on CD, but like mentioned before I'd like it to have more usefulness, as a combat medic even when i don't have anything to cleanse it will give me a small heal for just 1 ammo if nothing else. But yeah, I'd like it to cleanse more so I could use it more intelligently and not just spam it randomly for the most time.

Depends against what class. If I SEE a cleansable effect, it's gone unless there's more pressing issues. Generally I don't know if they're there unless it's flames or green goop, however, because buff/debuff icons are tiny.

All the time.

Unless it's a pyrotech powertech, then I don't bother.

You can cleanse people out of flashbangs (if you'rescoundrel/commando) and lift/whirlwind (if you're sage/sorc) fyi.

Edited by Ashania

All the time.

You can cleanse people out of flashbangs (if you'rescoundrel/commando) and lift/whirlwind (if you're sage/sorc) fyi.

With appropriate talents, or..? Was never clear on that.

I use it on myself a lot on my healing merc, mostly because a lot of the time it's the only ability I can get off while I'm being beat on. I rarely use it on my sage or scoundrel, because I feel like they have better things to do with their time, and also I guess I'm not alert enough or skilled enough to keep track of who has what harmful effects on them, it's enough of a challenge just to try to throw a heal before someone's health bar rockets down to empty. There are so many DoTs and CC flying around constantly, it seems like anytime you do remove some, they just get reapplied three times over in the next second.

With the crazy amount of random effects you get applied it's not like you can possibly tell what effect you have on to cleanse, at any rate since we don't really have any idea what cleanse prioritizes it wouldn't even matter very much since you usually will have more effects than can be cleansed so you just have to hope it gets the right ones.

Right now cleanse is literally just a button you hit randomly and it usually does something good, but occasionally it would actually hurt you, but the good tends to outweigh the bad so you do it anyway. It's poorly designed for PvP when there is far too many debuffs than you can possibly keep track of to cleanse, and even if he can do that you have no control on which ones get cleansed anyway. People talk about how it can cleanse mezzes and sure that's great, but how do you know it would cleanse that over a random snare and another debuff? You do not. It doesn't hurt you to try though so you still do it.

With the crazy amount of random effects you get applied it's not like you can possibly tell what effect you have on to cleanse, at any rate since we don't really have any idea what cleanse prioritizes it wouldn't even matter very much since you usually will have more effects than can be cleansed so you just have to hope it gets the right ones.

Right now cleanse is literally just a button you hit randomly and it usually does something good, but occasionally it would actually hurt you, but the good tends to outweigh the bad so you do it anyway. It's poorly designed for PvP when there is far too many debuffs than you can possibly keep track of to cleanse, and even if he can do that you have no control on which ones get cleansed anyway. People talk about how it can cleanse mezzes and sure that's great, but how do you know it would cleanse that over a random snare and another debuff? You do not. It doesn't hurt you to try though so you still do it.

You can tell what effects are on you quite easily; look above your healthbar. The difficulty is seeing what's on OTHER people.

I use Purge to remove snares and roots from myself and the ball carrier in Huttball, especially if the ball carrier is over the fire trap and my force pull is on cool down. I also use it if I am quick enough if I see a teammate that appears to be stunned. I'd use it more often if I had a better idea of when to use it. The UI is too tiny even on my health bar for me to really see what is what. I have the improved talented version that does physical effects too.

Thanks for the heads up that it works on Flashbang. Any other known effects?

You can tell what effects are on you quite easily; look above your healthbar. The difficulty is seeing what's on OTHER people.

It's all very simple what you get familiar with the buff/debuff icons.

With appropriate talents, or..? Was never clear on that.

you have 5 dispellable types of effect every healer is capable of dispelling 2 of them with the base skill and an additional one when speccing the proper skill wich is rather a stupid and weak way to make all healer wanted ...

sorc/sage: force, mental + physical

ops/scoun: tech, phys + mind

comm/merc: tech, physical + mental

you have 5 dispellable types of effect every healer is capable of dispelling 2 of them with the base skill and an additional one when speccing the proper skill wich is rather a stupid and weak way to make all healer wanted ...

sorc/sage: force, mental + physical

ops/scoun: tech, phys + mind

comm/merc: tech, physical + mental

I like the system!

I cleanse myself all the time, and pull teammates out of stuns with it all the time. Only don't bother against lingering toxin sniper/ops (I'll wait till after they're done trying to roll me with Cull) and sorcs.

As a healer I feel its my duty to spam this on teamates while im healing them. Am I always sure its helped? no. But, I know if someone is engaged in a heavy fight they most likely have stuff that needs to be removed or i will have to heal even more. In huttball i actively watch the ball carrier for any bad effect and spam it with heals and this works they keep moving and they have health. If its the guy next to me and I can see something I auto clean him, for the others its just when their health is going down randomly.

Only me or when I see cleansable effects on my current healing target that last long/would hit hard and its not pointless to cleanse them now. Cleaning a long lasting dot that is about to expire is a waste of GCD.

During cross healing or on my dps toons I noticed that a lot of healers rarely use their cleanse, even on them self. This thread showed why - some people don't know what to clean or how the icon of a cleansable effect looks like.

All the time.

Never had this happen too me, must have lazy/cba healers/ppl on my server ~

I use it on my sorc frequently vs other "good" sorcs (since every sorc and their mom are madness) and some roots and slows from warriors.

Only thing I wish I can cleanse lolpyrololdot so I am not such an easy kill for them.

When I play my operative healer I cleanse pyro dots all the time, 99% of the pyro PT and their vanguard brothers in SWTOR are baddies and most of them time I see them just stand there and do nothing coz I cleansed their lolpyro's loldots while all they know is lolspam that lolshot button that's grayed out. And got reported for hacking for disabling their dots a few times including receiving "hate mails" from them.

I dont mind dots from sages on my operative they dont really do anything (my HoTs at 2 stacks heals more than sage's dots anyways).

If you are a tech user, you REALLY want to cleanse sniper/operative/PT dots because they HURT especially when your HP is < 30%. Also most of their dots triggers MORE HURTING, e.g pyro dots let them use LoLShot, and ticks for 30% more when you are <30%, Sniper/Operative dots can tick at double the speed with good damage. Anni marauder dots has extra crit % self heal on crit AND gives them MOAR rage to wreck you in the face with annihilate one of the hardest hitting attack marauders got.

If you are a sorc healer, dispel the bleeds especially dots from "deadly saber" (1 clanse takes all 3 stacks btw) this makes anni marauders pretty useless.

Only dots you can really afford to ignore are the ones from Sages/Sorcs, they take a long time to tick down and they dont usually live long enough even for their affliction to finish ticking against our rWZ team anyways.

Also sorc/sage dots do NOT have any meaningful effects when left along, let along the weak damage their dots really only do 2 things outside being supportive damage to force lightning spam.

1st, gives them 1-2% HP self heal on crit.

2nd, gives thundering blast auto crit (if you have a sorc using thundering blast in your rWZ team, you should replace him anyways). Their dots dont have bonus damage when your HP is < 30% as well.

Anyways cleasing pyro dots helps a ton fighting them UNTIL they get within 10m of you, in this case they can apply dots faster you can cleanse and with lolshot following that flame burst, you need to heal or **** you cant afford wasting a GCD and heal for 0 damage in that situation.

Edited by warultima