Taral V is absurd

part of me somewhat agrees with you but i am not for changing the zone. it is good for people to have choices. if a groups wants to stealth around content that is ok. they just shouldn't complain about that under geared player in their group that could benefit from a extra drop or two.

What would be cool is, if the scientist at the end (who *****es at you murdering people and coming to steal the gizmo) would have different dialog if you successfully stealthed past the mobs and didn't kill them.

If I were a more spiteful man, I would claim this as absolute proof that some dev plays Rep and BioWare is clearly biased since you can't do this on Boarding Party. But I'm not, so I'll just sit here smugly in my horrible looking (but still subjectively better than Sage) Sorcerer tier set, reminiscing about the small fraction of a second quicker Shock would hit compared to Project before BioWare changed that.

Only one boss is mandatory. You can even skip the end boss. There is only one boss that you need to fight to complete the day.

Absurd.

Wait. I've been skipping everything but the final boss, and you say I can skip him too? Which one were you counting as mandatory then?

Wait. I've been skipping everything but the final boss, and you say I can skip him too? Which one were you counting as mandatory then?

Same. The last boss is the only one I do. I like the instance this way, nice and fast.

Before I started to run HM Taral V, I used to complete everything in that flashpoint including the bonuses. Since I reached lvl 50, most puggers I've teamed with only want that final boss. I'd prefer to complete the whole fp but I stick with the majority (3 vs 1).

Wait you can skip the officer and his pet ripper? Shenanigans

Exactly. I pretty sure you have to get to the computer past Captain Shivanek/Ripper to unlock the next area of the map.

Granted, I've never actually tried skipping this step so I can't be 100% certain. Can anyone confirm what happens if you sneak past this area of the map without killing them?

How does one skip all these bosses? I've never seen any skipped. Of course my LFG doesn't like T5 either.

Heck, last time I was there the tank wanted to do the bonus boss for the gear. Turns out opening the bonus boss in T5 takes a lot of extra work.

As for parity... Esseles vs. Black Talon guys okay! Also I like tanking Foundries on my PT.

Usually people do 2-3 bosses and skip the rest. Certainly General Edikar is the last boss, but you can make the fight easier by doing some of the skippable bosses, though that's only worth it in under geared group nowadays.

I'm not sure how you skip Captain+Ripper unless your whole group is stealthy (I think everyone has to tag the computer behind them?). I didn't know you could skip Edikar at the end, that's pretty funny (though no Columi drop, if you care about that). The other bosses/minibosses (and most of the non-boss fights) you can just walk right past.

Imp players: you have Black Talon. No complaining. :p

For those wondering how to skip the boss near the computer. Run by him and then use your vanisheque ability. For example, I run by him then use disappearing act. After i activate the computer, exit area, then re-enter the area. You'll reemerge on the boss' head, but he will not attack you unless you linger.

How does one skip all these bosses? I've never seen any skipped. Of course my LFG doesn't like T5 either.

Heck, last time I was there the tank wanted to do the bonus boss for the gear. Turns out opening the bonus boss in T5 takes a lot of extra work.

As for parity... Esseles vs. Black Talon guys okay! Also I like tanking Foundries on my PT.

Use your speeder, you can ride your speeder from the beginning all the way past the droid, save for a few mobs. Maybe ill get my guild to put a video up, as far as the first boss with the 2 cats, try riding your speeder on the rocks to the left :rak_03:

I'm surprised how short maelstrom and taral v are compared to the imp equivalents. Foundry and BP are quite long missions and require a lot more work.

It's payback. Black Talon is not a Flashpoint compared to Essless.

Star Wars: Revenge of the lowbies

It's my least favorite to run. You spend 80% of the time on your speeder running past stuff.

Pretty sure the only chat I ever see in any flashpoint are "Spacebar is your friend" and "We can skip those"

They've definitely turned into a chore faster than they did in WoW.

And personally the race to the end mentality is what has done it for me. I've gotten vote kicked for not spacebarring and vote kicked for wanting to do a boss that literally would have been dead in the time we spent arguing about it.

I'm clearly in the minority but I think Bioware should fix it so you can't skip entire areas of mobs (especially bosses I mean that's ridiculous). Otherwise why not just remove the trash altogether or spawn in at the final boss... or just give people BH comms automatcally for waiting in a queue once a day.

It's my least favorite to run. You spend 80% of the time on your speeder running past stuff.

Pretty sure the only chat I ever see in any flashpoint are "Spacebar is your friend" and "We can skip those"

They've definitely turned into a chore faster than they did in WoW.

And personally the race to the end mentality is what has done it for me. I've gotten vote kicked for not spacebarring and vote kicked for wanting to do a boss that literally would have been dead in the time we spent arguing about it.

I'm clearly in the minority but I think Bioware should fix it so you can't skip entire areas of mobs (especially bosses I mean that's ridiculous). Otherwise why not just remove the trash altogether or spawn in at the final boss... or just give people BH comms automatcally for waiting in a queue once a day.

I'm willing to run the fp's on speed mode if I have to for the coms, but this attitude of faster faster faster, hold your breath and try not to hit anything (and God help you if you do) is NOT fun. I'm quickly learning to hate fp's.

This please!

I'm clearly in the minority but I think Bioware should fix it so you can't skip entire areas of mobs (especially bosses I mean that's ridiculous). .

While I do skip if that seems to be the prevailing attitude in a group, I do think that bosses should not be skippable - except for the optional one but there is already a mechanism for that. Make it so the flashpoint will not complete without killing the end boss and that he is not attackable until the previous one is dead and so on, so that each boss must be killed in order.

All bosses can be skipped, period.

That last general, you can run up the ramps and lose agro, then talk to the scientist. Quite sad indeed.

Also... Maelstrom is way longer and more bosses than Foundry, it's just that HK-47 is Way over powered compared to the bosses that reside on the Maelstrom prison. At least, that's how I've experienced it.

Flashpoints should require you to clear 60% or more to get the "completed" daily bonus... if you go in for one boss, you've gone in for the loot... if you want the daily reward, you do the work.

I'm willing to run the fp's on speed mode if I have to for the coms, but this attitude of faster faster faster, hold your breath and try not to hit anything (and God help you if you do) is NOT fun. I'm quickly learning to hate fp's.

ugh... i hate it when jugg tanks do that. i remember one in b. of ilum. guy wouldn't stop running, and wouldn't take 3 seconds to heal up between pulls and pretty much charged at maximum range so thank god for force speed on my sorc. i asked him to take it easy and let people heal and regen force/energy, but no... "gotta keep up, i'm sick fo these flashpoints" :rolleyes:

Wait you can skip the officer and his pet ripper? Shenanigans

Ah, I actually forgot about him, my mistake. I'm not a stealth class, so would have to die to skip him, and I don't like dying.

Edited by shadowflit