More maintenance!!!

Skorzo

So, let's say there have been 8 maintenance periods over the past month ( I'm not digging up the info for the exact count, but 8 seems a fair number).

Let's say each lasted 4 hours, give or take.

That's 32 hours. 32 hours out of the average of 720 hours we get per month. A day and a half, at best.

You might get 720 hrs on average a month to play but im sure alot of us get a hell of alot less time to actually play. Factor in sleep, average 8hr working day plus lunch break (30mins - 1hr), travel time to and from work, then other commitments such as social, sport and family time i'm sure you would get about a quarter than half of that 720hrs.

On average i get 3-4 days a week where my time is flexible enough to play for about 3hrs at a time if nothing else pops up. 4hr maintenance knocks out 1 whole gaming session for me which im used to as every Oceanic player who's played several MMO's should but when schedule UNSCHEDULED maintenance in Oceanic prime too then 2hrs downtime is a long time

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You "reckon"?

How long did it take you to "reckon"?

How about, instead, we use facts.

Maintenance periods are usually on Tuesdays. Maintenance periods can last up to 4 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less.

So, that's 4 maintenance periods a month.

Now, it isn't unusual for there to be more maintenance periods after a major patch, or even sometimes a minor patch.

So, let's say there have been 8 maintenance periods over the past month ( I'm not digging up the info for the exact count, but 8 seems a fair number).

Let's say each lasted 4 hours, give or take.

That's 32 hours. 32 hours out of the average of 720 hours we get per month. A day and a half, at best.

How you came up with "We're losing a week each month" is the issue here that is TRULY baffling.

Awesome someone who respects facts.

I wont assume the op is in the Oceanic region as that isnt fact. I am in that region.

I work during the day. I sleep at night. Mainenance windows always start just after i finish work and finish just as i go to bed. 7pm-11 for 4hr maintenance, 7pm-1am for 6hr and tonight i may just squeeze in an hr or two for a 2hr maint.

I have lost a weeks worth of my gameplay in the last month.

There was an Asia Pacific Official release of servers based in the region.

Since this release no changes have been made to the window of maintenance.

There IS a window of time where none of the 3 Officially released regions are affected in their prime times.

11pm Sydney

1am NZ

1pm London

2pm Berlin/Paris

6am LA

9am NY

A normal 4 hr mainenance skips all primetimes. A 6hr maintenance would hit only the first hour of Berlin/Paris.

Edited by Spaj

If you go under Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars - The Old Republic you will find an application called FixLauncher that should help.

Nope. I tried that along with the 15 other things the CS recommend . So I'm just hoping the hot fix does the trick.

I wont assume the op is in the Oceanic region as that isnt fact. I am in that region.

I work during the day. I sleep at night. Mainenance windows always start just after i finish work and finish just as i go to bed. 7pm-11 for 4hr maintenance, 7pm-1am for 6hr and tonight i may just squeeze in an hr or two for a 2hr maint.

There IS a window of time where none of the 3 Officially released regions are affected in their prime times.

11pm Sydney

1am NZ

1pm London

2pm Berlin/Paris

6am LA

9am NY

A normal 4 hr mainenance skips all primetimes. A 6hr maintenance would hit only the first hour of Berlin/Paris.

and upset the european players with 11 heavy servers over the asia pacific with only 3 servers who never go above normal not going to happen

and upset the european players with 11 heavy servers over the asia pacific with only 3 servers who never go above normal not going to happen

I would love to know for sure if what you are suggesting is remotely accurate that primetime total APAC server population is lower than 1-2pm Euro during the week? So yeah i call bs on your 11 heavy servers at that time.

I would love to know for sure if what you are suggesting is remotely accurate that primetime total APAC server population is lower than 1-2pm Euro during the week? So yeah i call bs on your 11 heavy servers at that time.

right now with school hollidays it will be close. They already upset the apac most player left they are not going to risk that the same thing hapens to the european

OMG!! MAINTENANCE AGAIN AFTER THE SERVERS ARE UP FOR 98 PERCENT OF THE TIME EACH MONTH!?? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!!

FJKLDAJFKLDJSAKF;JDO;AJFOD;I!!!

Ges...settle down. You want this game to flourish and get fixed right? Oh wait...you want absolutely NO maintenance with a flawless game right? not gonn happen. There will always be maintenance

98% of the time? Where are you getting your numbers? This will be roughly the 7th day of maintenance in the 3 weeks I have been playing this game. That hardly seems like 98% up time to me. I'm trying my best to be patient, but I work later hours and normally don't even get home until about 12am PDT, which is just in time to watch the server go down.

On the rare occasion that I have actually been able to log into the game, I have enjoyed it very much. Which is why I hope they can soon manage to stick to a simple once a week server maintenance schedule, otherwise I will regretfully need to move on to a different game.

You might get 720 hrs on average a month to play but im sure alot of us get a hell of alot less time to actually play. Factor in sleep, average 8hr working day plus lunch break (30mins - 1hr), travel time to and from work, then other commitments such as social, sport and family time i'm sure you would get about a quarter than half of that 720hrs.

On average i get 3-4 days a week where my time is flexible enough to play for about 3hrs at a time if nothing else pops up. 4hr maintenance knocks out 1 whole gaming session for me which im used to as every Oceanic player who's played several MMO's should but when schedule UNSCHEDULED maintenance in Oceanic prime too then 2hrs downtime is a long time

A small price to pay to insure your game experience is as bug-free as possible.

All MMOs have maintanence periods, especially after major patches.

If you don't like it, then maybe you need a hobby other than MMOs.

11pm Sydney

1am NZ

1pm London

2pm Berlin/Paris

6am LA

9am NY

Bioware schedules maintenance periods based on their numbers, not yours.

Their numbers tell them, that their current scheduled time for maintenance periods is the time when the least amount of players are on.

It sux that this cuts into your time, but they're not going to change things for the minority.

Interesting thread, some are upset about a maintenance outage. Some are upset about people being upset.

Some claim a right to be upset, others claim they have no right to be upset.

One poster even whined about how Blizzard has created a generation of whiners.... nice.

I think a LOT of businesses have staff that are playing on the internet instead of working, I know I am...

Whilst I personally find maintenance annoying but not something to stress about, I should remind everyone that maintenance is almost always at the same time of day, so there is a group of people (including myself) that is affected by the maintenance right in the middle of their gaming time. Again, not something I stress about too much as it's clearly obvious they won't do it during the times when the largest group of customers (North Americans) are playing. But it is nonetheless still annoying for the people who are affected by it week-in, week-out, while you Americans are all still asleep :p

Whilst I personally find maintenance annoying but not something to stress about, I should remind everyone that maintenance is almost always at the same time of day, so there is a group of people (including myself) that is affected by the maintenance right in the middle of their gaming time. Again, not something I stress about too much as it's clearly obvious they won't do it during the times when the largest group of customers (North Americans) are playing. But it is nonetheless still annoying for the people who are affected by it week-in, week-out, while you Americans are all still asleep :p

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Some of us are Canadians. :w_tongue:

I suppose being able to play a broken, buggy game is better than waiting a couple hours to play a working, not-buggy game.

Like the guy above me said, go out drinking for a couple hours.

lol thats funny, because they never fix it you still return to a buggy broke game ;);)

Bioware schedules maintenance periods based on their numbers, not yours.

Their numbers tell them, that their current scheduled time for maintenance periods is the time when the least amount of players are on.

It sux that this cuts into your time, but they're not going to change things for the minority.

Now if you repost without assumption that would be fantastic. You've quoted my post but you obviously didnt read. I didnt post any numbers as i dont guess.

Biowares numbers DID (past tense) tell them when the popluations were the least. Since then there has been an official release in a new region of the world. As there has been no change in times you can only assume that is still the case. There could be other factors: like it hasnt been relooked at since; its too much a pain in the arse for us to change it now; it has been looked at and its still good. By all means assume whatever it might be.

Yes we are the minority but i was making a suggestion with the possibility of making those affected an even smaller minority. Note - possiblity as i dont pretend to know either way.

Maybe you meant this with the statements of assumption removed?

Bioware schedules maintenance periods based on their numbers which probably haven't changed.

It sux that this cuts into your time, but they're unlikely to change things.

Edited by Spaj

Now if you repost without assumption that would be fantastic. You've quoted my post but you obviously didnt read. I didnt post any numbers as i dont guess.

Biowares numbers DID (past tense) tell them when the popluations were the least. Since then there has been an official release in a new region of the world. As there has been no change in times you can only assume that is still the case. There could be other factors: like it hasnt been relooked at since; its too much a pain in the arse for us to change it now; it has been looked at and its still good. By all means assume whatever it might be.

Yes we are the minority but i was making a suggestion with the possibility of making those affected an even smaller minority. Note - possiblity as i dont pretend to know either way.

Maybe you meant this with the statements of assumption removed?

I will if you will.

Actually i'm in the mood now for some assumption.

More people are affected by the downtime than the original problem which the downtime "attempts" to fix.

Often the cure is worse.

People with cancer have drunk water. Ergo water causes cancer!!

BioWare said something therefore it must be true!

Nothing changes over time.