Group Finder is a good start, now expand it

Reevax

1. Let us see how long the average wait time is for DPS/Heals/Tanks.

2. Offer incentives for the class needed the most.

3. Teleport us back to where we were after the FP ends.

4. Cross server to bring down wait times.

Cross server probably won't do much, yes you are introducing more people into the equation. There will still however be a massive imbalance in Tank/DPS/Healer Ratio. It has nothing to do with the game it's just a constant MMO problem.

It would probably have to be along the lines of incentive based play and dual spec.

Oh I agree with number three very strongly :p Especially when you are doing dailies.

I'm not a fan on the reward thing, if people want to tank they'll tank. If they want lower queues...they'll roll a tank. If DPS/Heals are complaining about high queue times.....see above solution or read a book. You can't force people to roll a class/spec that they don't want.

No cross server queues, sorry. The only way I'd support cross server is if the /ignore function not only prevented grouping with that character but also that characters legacy cross server. Sorry but there really are people that exist in life that enjoy wasting other people's time for no good reason, atleast if they're on your own server the word can get out.

1. Absolutely.

2. Not against this at all.

3. This is a bit tricky because it's more than just a coding issue, it's about how the whole release-when-dead thing works. They could, of course, make you spawn right inside the instance or at the "checkpoint" your group is at.

4. No thanks. It might have helped the entitlement gamers in WoW get all warm and sweaty, but the social changes, speed of content consumption, and resources required to get a cross-server system working (and considering SWTOR's management team's utter failures) will far outweigh the benefits.

cross server will not bring down wait times enough to be worth the results

but i do agree with your other points

How about making it cross server for anyone checked as healer or tank, and put servers into groups of 5 or 10 and call them Battalions.

If I have to tank cross server I will not queue. Simple. I'm all for adding an optional cross server queue that I don't have to tick.

I'd like to see a list of what you are waiting for when you queue. If I know I need a healer for an Ops run I can hit up my friends list to queue, if I'm waiting on another tank I can pull in a guildy. As is I have no idea unless I spam general chat and even then its not accurate.

I strongly agree with 3. The tank/heal thing I think you just have to deal with. There's always going to be way more people playing a DPS class than tank or healer. Its always been the biggest drawback of the trinity system. Hopefully dual spec comes in soon, maybe that will help there a little bit.

I hope they never add cross-server LFG queues. Cross-server should be a last resort for group finder. By last resort, I mean less than 100k subs total. Even then, it would be better to merge all the servers into 1 mega server rather than add cross-server LFG queue. Cross-server LFG destroys the community and ruins flashpoints.

No cross server, thank you.

No offense to you sir but listening to people of your mind set has cost this game a hefty chunk of subs.

They would be wise to follow a well known model that works.

You missed the set ilvl requirements at max level then you could have a clone of the WoW LFG. Actually I don't mind the gating but your 2/4 no thanks, and only 3 if/when guild ships are introduced.

No offense to you sir but listening to people of your mind set has cost this game a hefty chunk of subs.

They would be wise to follow a well known model that works.

No offense to you but listening to people like you is no better. Why would people play a game if it was a duplicate of another that has been out longer (meaning it has way more content).

No offense to you but listening to people like you is no better. Why would people play a game if it was a duplicate of another that has been out longer (meaning it has way more content).

Naw its not a content issue. Its a game systems issue, has been from the start

Naw its not a content issue. Its a game systems issue, has been from the start

I disagree (not that I'm one of those people who thinks there needed to be more content after 6 month).

However neither of us is wrong because it is all opinion, same as your 'hefty subs' comment.

I disagree (not that I'm one of those people who thinks there needed to be more content after 6 month).

However neither of us is wrong because it is all opinion, same as your 'hefty subs' comment.

The game is nose diving, take it as you will.

The game is nose diving, take it as you will.

I agree with you Reevax, but you will get flamed bad by those who hate it. Does not matter to them the game is losing subs faster than the Titanic sank, as long as they get what they want and the game stays proftable enough for them to keep it. Which I am not sure that will be the case come this fall. Which will give the real accurate sub figures.

Does not matter that even a small MMO like Rift has cross server LFG and one more dps slot to fill and the wait time is on the average about 30 mins. And the community there is the same as allways. Which is nice in my experence.

1: Sure

2: No, let's not create more self-entitled individuals in the MMO community.

3: Sure

4: No, It's fine as is.

1) A filter is required for certain content, like Lost Island HM. It cannot happen that tanks with 13k HP join a group for just being kicked. There must be a minimun of HP and a minimum of main stat for OP and Lost Island HM at least.

2) It would be great to know what's your position in the queue (of the people with your same role) when you join the group finder, like when you join a full server.

Edited by Pirindolo

Ironically that's one of the the reasons people are leaving SW:TOR. The game is too similar to WoW for many players to forgive its shortcomings.

Adding cross-server functionality to the group finder would only improve an already existing feature and would have next to nothing to do with copying WoW. I can't imagine it would be that hard to allow players to ignore others across servers.

People say cross-server will not improve queue times, but that theory has already been proven wrong in both WoW and Rift.

Edited by xerofive

1) A filter is required for certain content, like Lost Island HM. It cannot happen that tanks with 13k HP join a group for just being kicked. There must be a minimun of HP and a minimum of main stat for OP and Lost Island HM at least.

2) It would be great to know what's your position in the queue (of the people with your same role) when you join the group finder, like when you join a full server.

^Both. Especially no 1.

Also...

...teleport players back YES YES YES

...let HCs be part of the selection YES

...cross-server is not needed now (otherwise pro cross-server ).

Adding bonus for tanking or healing would make the problem quoted above worse. More people would check 'tank' or 'heal' just to get in fast, despite not having ANY clue how to heal or tank. This is already an existing problem imo. I don't mind beginner tanks or healers. They should just be passionate about doing it, not just trying to get past que.