The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP stuns and resolve

Spacebum

Ok, since beta one there has been issue with the resolve bar. Despite it being maxed, one can still be stunned repeatedly for the most part... Only on rarely does it happen to work. And dont give me that bs answer of "There is a difference between stuns slows etc." No ****. Stun as in I can move or attack or defend or crouch or use any ability or move what so ever... such as being flash bombed 4 times while Im stuck standing there watching my teammates die for a whole 4 minutes just to be ganked by a entire group with nothing I can do. Can you just make it two stuns and done already? Your resolve bar is a failure Bioware, please direct some attention to it finally.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, since beta one there has been issue with the resolve bar. Despite it being maxed, one can still be stunned repeatedly for the most part... Only on rarely does it happen to work. And dont give me that bs answer of "There is a difference between stuns slows etc." No ****. Stun as in I can move or attack or defend or crouch or use any ability or move what so ever... such as being flash bombed 4 times while Im stuck standing there watching my teammates die for a whole 4 minutes just to be ganked by a entire group with nothing I can do. Can you just make it two stuns and done already? Your resolve bar is a failure Bioware, please direct some attention to it finally.

Either that or greatly reduce the effectiveness of CCs in PvP combat. Maybe adding some diminishing returns would help as well. I've already given up on TOR PvP in favor of the PvE game. Once Guild Wars 2 comes out, I'll play that for my PvP fix.

I think it's you're use of the CC breaker that is the failure. ps I seriously doubt you were stunned for 4 mins or stunned by 4 flashbangs. In fact I know you didnt eat 4 flashgrenades.

Edited by Brool

I think it's you're use of the CC breaker that is the failure.

I think its the 20+ possible cc's that an enemy team can use on you during the 2 minute cooldown of your cc breaker.

Also stop trying so hard to sound intelligent, its your not you're.

Edited by Kraegore

I haven't paid attntion of late but for a long time the resolve bar over people's head would look visually full at 80% of full resolve. Your own bar included. The bar that is real is the one that circles your portrait. When that one is full you have full resolve and as far as I am aware you are immune to CC. As a healer resolve on myslef and others is very important as my life is very fragile against full resolve enemies. I can tell you resolve always seem to work correctly when looking at people's portrait bar.

Fix the sentinel Awe because it rarely works. I have watched me and another sentinel both cast awe and imps run right through it even if their resolve bar is empty. The force stasis only works when it feels like it as well. I get chained stunned all the time and basically dont use my resolute anymore. I will be full resolve and still get stunned so we have told you (BIOWARE) this before but you still don't do anything about it. Maybe when people don't renew their subscriptions you may do something about it. Everyone will be rolling imps now if you keep nerfing rebs and OPing imps (operatives, BH) which are the flavors of the month in pvp on my server, probably every other server as well.

I think it's you're use of the CC breaker that is the failure. ps I seriously doubt you were stunned for 4 mins or stunned by 4 flashbangs. In fact I know you didnt eat 4 flashgrenades.

How exactly is the CC breaker the failure here?

Just get one of those resolve exploits that the Pubs are using - you know, the one where someone attempts to stun you when your resolve bar is empty and nothing happens, except their ability goes into cooldown. It's awesome!

Seriously, I'm seeing this more and more versus Pubs - target resolve bar is empty, you try to stun, target is not stunned, no animation, and most importantly, no filling of the target's resolve bar - all the while your cc goes into cooldown.

I thought this might be a glitch, because I only saw this rarely before 1.3 - but now, it happens in more and more warzones vs. all Pub classes, especially in the most critical moments (i.e. capping/arming).

Doesn't seem to work on Imp side though - at least so far, I haven't noticed it vs. Imps.

L2P & learn about resolve. Since this game came out, everyone that didn't understand resolve have been qq'ing about it. Playing on my sent, scoundrel & sorcerer I've never had any issues with resolve not working or my stuns not working.

Just get one of those resolve exploits that the Pubs are using - you know, the one where someone attempts to stun you when your resolve bar is empty and nothing happens, except their ability goes into cooldown. It's awesome!

Seriously, I'm seeing this more and more versus Pubs - target resolve bar is empty, you try to stun, target is not stunned, no animation, and most importantly, no filling of the target's resolve bar - all the while your cc goes into cooldown.

I thought this might be a glitch, because I only saw this rarely before 1.3 - but now, it happens in more and more warzones vs. all Pub classes, especially in the most critical moments (i.e. capping/arming).

Doesn't seem to work on Imp side though - at least so far, I haven't noticed it vs. Imps.

Trying to stun after warrior leap I assume

I'm quite sure 6 back to back stuns, with the last 4 with a full resolve bar, is not supposed to be working as intended. And this is not an exaggeration as I have wintness this happen on several ocassions, and I have counted while looking at my resolve bar several times. And I'm not counting roots. These are full stuns with no ability to attack. Yes, the resolve is broken. I thought this was already well known and pretty much a dead issue by now since the resolve has been broken since the beginning with no signs of being fixed. It's just something a lot of PvPers have learned to deal with.

I'm quite sure 6 back to back stuns, with the last 4 with a full resolve bar, is not supposed to be working as intended. And this is not an exaggeration as I have wintness this happen on several ocassions, and I have counted while looking at my resolve bar several times. And I'm not counting roots. These are full stuns with no ability to attack. Yes, the resolve is broken. I thought this was already well known and pretty much a dead issue by now since the resolve has been broken since the beginning with no signs of being fixed. It's just something a lot of PvPers have learned to deal with.

Lol, now that's funny.

Definitely. I get the giggles sometimes when I play a stunzone. I know there are many others who aren't so jovial about it, but sometimes I can't help but get the chuckles.

Those stunlocking operatives strike again, each with their single stun chain stunning you 8 times until they get a nice crit stun and you can't move until you unsub.

Darn stunlockers.

I think the resolve bar has some bug, because sometimes I get stunned even with white resolve bar (sure it doesn't happen always).

That the stun breaker is on a 2 minutes cooldown is whole other topic. And even with the resolve bar working as intended most of the time, the game still feels like there are far too many CCs.

Resolve seems "iffy" to me. Sometimes it works exactly like it's supposed to, and sometimes the white circle around the portrait seems to just stay there and mock me lol. I think resolve is a cool idea, but for whatever reason it doesn't work 100% of the time as intended. It may simply be something that can't be implemented the way it's supposed to be.

I don't think it's a question of "understanding" the resolve system or that it is "broken". The problem is it's so hard to understand and counter-intuitive sometimes it really gets annoying. Nerdy computer geek type players (please smell your seat) like most Pubs seem to understand it way more than the imperials do.

Why not just simplify it so that we don't need a damn guide to figure out how it works?

I don't think it's a question of "understanding" the resolve system or that it is "broken". The problem is it's so hard to understand and counter-intuitive sometimes it really gets annoying. Nerdy computer geek type players (please smell your seat) like most Pubs seem to understand it way more than the imperials do.

Why not just simplify it so that we don't need a damn guide to figure out how it works?

Bar fills up when stunned. Bar drains when not stunned. Bar filled up, cannot be stunned. Bar drains faster after filled up.

Simple enough?

The highlighted areas are also a little contradictory, don't you think?

Edited by Daiyukie

Never had a filled resolve bar not protect me against a stun. However, there is a rare bug with operative stun where after the stun expires, you remain locked in the 'electrocuted' animation for a very long time(sometimes indefinitely, or until killed). When this happens you are permanently rooted, however you can still use abilities and attack enemies in range. Maybe this is what happened to the OP.

In my honest opinion if a group needs to stun a person repeatedly as to achieve any kills, shows they are nothing more then button mashers with lil to know skill what so ever... However the resolve bar may or may not achieve, the basic use of it is quite near nill in the fact that people can and are being stunned repeatedly in a row without break and unable to do the simplest thing while they are being slaughtered. Even with break, it simply does not equate to a even match up... At this point the pvp is a button masher to whom the winner is based on who has the most stuns and are able to implement it. Why bother with my others skills if the bases is stun and run to achieve my goals?

In my honest opinion if a group needs to stun a person repeatedly as to achieve any kills, shows they are nothing more then button mashers with lil to know skill what so ever... However the resolve bar may or may not achieve, the basic use of it is quite near nill in the fact that people can and are being stunned repeatedly in a row without break and unable to do the simplest thing while they are being slaughtered. Even with break, it simply does not equate to a even match up... At this point the pvp is a button masher to whom the winner is based on who has the most stuns and are able to implement it. Why bother with my others skills if the bases is stun and run to achieve my goals?

this

It amazes me how many times people stun you. It's like its their only attack option if its of cooldown. 4 people killing me and 3 of them throw stuns at me. I mean come on the 4 of you should easily kill me without wasting a single stun. Only reason it seems like to much cc in game is because 80% (probably higher) of those who pvp use their stuns as soon as they are off cooldown. Then when they actually need a stun they don't have one. so for the love of everything good in life learn to use stuns properly.

wow at least I'm not the only one to see this. It the first thing I look at on a player before I set up and this happens quite a bit, no resolve, but immune to cc

Not working as intended

Resolve level reducing while still incapacitated not working as intended