June 28 Maintenance

Selethar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame the forum moderator going around closing threads milliseconds after they've been posted couldn't transfer to the community relations team.

He's obviously serious about his job and it seems to me they need someone a bit more...proactive in that department.

i want a months free game time

I don't want a month, I just want each hour the servers are down to be added to the end of my month. So far since game launch I would have about 55 hours of reimbursed playtime. That would be fair, I'm paying to play and when I can't play due to no fault of my own, I expect it to be reimbursed. When my cable goes down I call and complain and get the downtime removed from my bill. I expect no less from a game.

Edited by TheQuestor

Unless the problems that the maintenance is fixing is absolutely game-breaking, they should have waited until tomorrow. It was so close to 3AM EDT and they previously posted that it was going to be postponed. They should have kept it postponed unless whatever the issue is would have broken the game by tomorrow night, which I have a hard time believe it was that serious.

I am not usually one to speak about customer service quality or PR management, but that was very poorly handled. If this maintenance was 100% necessary, then a BioWare representative should be making that VERY clear. Otherwise, it should have been held until tomorrow. Strictly speaking from a customer standpoint, you can't just decide to change plans like that and expect people to be happy about it. So, an explanation is warranted. Thank You.

Bioware stated there was to be maintenance tonight. They then state the maintenance will be postponed. The 15min countdown then starts on the servers at about 2:45am EST with no explanation until about 2:55a. After the final warning of one minute the servers stayed online for about another 4 minutes. I had no clue whether to take the new explanation seriously or not. I'm not upset it happened. I understand maintenance happens but I just wish they would do what they say they're going to do when they say they're going to do it.

It was ridiculous.

Take our money?:D

But yeah really EAWare, cmon now. this is silly.

They took my money at prerelease, game plus a six month. I played Beta for the previous six months and I thought the game had promise. No longer. I'm not shelling out one more dime for this crappy service. My sub ends in a bit over a month.

For a firm in a service industry they certainly know how to fail at their primary task, that of providing a service.

you kidding who still uses twiter besides ashton moore?

I know right!

But I signed up ages ago just to keep up on when this game was going to release. Now it's kinda useless. But it's the only Tweet I get, so I keep it around to sound self-important.

Hey, at least i stay FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from Facebook!:eek:

Seeing as I work some very odd hours a week, the 1am to 7am time frame is when I have the most time to play. Seeing as they "postponed" the maintenance, I was glad and logged in the game playing, then I get kicked off the server, and find out about 10 to 15 minutes later " deploying the patch as originally planned. " Really? You couldn't have posted that say 30 minutes ahead of time? I enjoy the game, but that was just irritating.

Epic fail on maintenance notification...this seems rewally unexplicable guys...its on, its off...*** is going on?

Update #2: We will be deploying the patch as originally planned. Apologies for the confusion.

We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, June 28th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.

The servers will be down for four hours on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Maintenance

Date: Thursday, June 28th, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

only fail is you sir i found this just as easy as you could of.

This! Almost as fun as playing the game.

You know, every time I see you post, it's to poke fun at those with your "Nothing bothers me...nothing at all, so I will go to various threads and insult people who have issues with the game" attitude. How you are even able to persist in posting on these boards without being banned is beyond me.

All I can figure is you must have some ties with the moderators.

Maintenance is on, this was posted on Reddit.

You need to go to reddit just to get a link back to these forums? You can't just look at the stickies? They we're updated before the servers actually went down.

Hilarious stuff. Had only just been reading the Twitter and Forum announcement that the patch wasn't happening tonight, so was happily playing my Vanguard when *BOOM*, the server goes down. It's at that point I read that "Oh hang on sorry, no the maintenance is happening tonight". No admin message or warning in the game at all. :D

Honestly though, I'm not fussed. Sure it's annoying but if they are so hot under the collar about getting this patch out tonight it suggests something is very broken somewhere -- so I'd rather put up with another night of inconvenience than find out the hard way that something really aint right. :rolleyes: