So here is the problem since transfers.....

KinCharBamin

My new home (Corellian Run) is so full of friendly players that if I leave my toon standing around in a populated area for just a few minutes while I get a soft drink (or dispose of the previous one), I come back to find my toon fully buffed by every class! Now how am I supposed to experience the heartache of the regular grind if all my new friends keep me buffed all the time! It's just not fair! (oh come'on, everyone else has found something to complain about!).

Thank BW, it's so awesome to play with players and good folks.

And to all the wonderful peeps on Corellian Run, thanks, and I'm so glad to be with ya!

Edited by KinCharBamin

My new home (Corellian Run) is so full of friendly players that if I leave my toon standing around in a populated area for just a few minutes while I get a soft drink (or dispose of the previous one), I come back to find my toon fully buffed by every class! Now how am I supposed to experience the heartache of the regular grind if all my new friends keep me buffed all the time! It's just not fair! (oh come'on, everyone else has found something to complain about!).

Thank BW, it's so awesome to play with players and good folks.

And to all the wonderful peeps on Corellian Run, thanks, and I'm so glad to be with ya!

I am glad you had a positive experience. But the other night on Jedi Covenant, there was a lot of players in general chat (and yes, I know, try to take general chat with a grain of salt) complaining about us transferred players, how unwelcome us "noobs" were, how we screwed up their groups and PvP, and they wished we never came. All I could say in chat was "wow, thanks for the welcome". /sigh

I know that is only a small number of people saying that, but it was a little depressing to see that after transferring from my old server. :(

Tell me there are good people on Jedi Covenant too! :)

Edited by SpazCats

you sound lucky my server is overrun with kids cussing in general chat, talking inappropriately about sex or their bodies, and trolling.

I simply don't look. I keep my chat window sorta small anyway, and I'm usually just looking at my stuff, not the general chat.

That is of course the problem. If you put 100 people in a room and you ask them 1 question, you will get 100 answers. Sadly, when you give 100+ people the chance to speak their mind, well you just described the result. So many of them don't have a mind in the first place. So they speak from the emptiness inside.

But, the children will grow tired easily, and they will find something else to do if you ignore them long enough.

They spew because they so desire to be heard. They don't get heard in real life, so they crawl into an alternate reality and hope someone will hear them there. Sad thing is, they think we care :eek:

I am glad you had a positive experience. But the other night on Jedi Covenant, there was a lot of players in general chat (and yes, I know, try to take general chat with a grain of salt) complaining about us transferred players, how unwelcome us "noobs" were, how we screwed up their groups and PvP, and they wished we never came. All I could say in chat was "wow, thanks for the welcome". /sigh

I know that is only a small number of people saying that, but it was a little depressing to see that after transferring from my old server. :(

Tell me there are good people of Jedi Covenant too! :)

Ahh, the old "There goes the neighborhood" mentality!

I sure hope you have nice people there like I have found here on Corellian Run!

I too transferred to Corelian Run and have to say that the people there are as nice as can be. I just hope and pray it stays that way and it's just not being in a new place but I think it will.

I haven't even played my level 50 except to craft and send companions out on crew missions. I've been leveling a Marauder and have to say that as I ran from my ship to the building exit, I would pass someone and they will buff me with whatever, lol. By the time I get outside, I'll have every buff except my own, it's rather great if you ask me.

I had my republic server transferred to jedi covenant, and my imp server transferred to corellian run. I have to say I agree with your assessment of jedi covenant the OP's comment about corellian run. My transfer to jedi covenant was first , and I was hesitate to transfer my imps but for the most part I'm glad I did (aside from losing my main's name that I've had since UO, that is free on every pve server in the US, east and west. Yes I painstakingly checked :( ). I've mostly just noticed the corellian run seems to be a lot more mature. Of course there are jerks, but they don't seem to have overtaken the server the way they have on jedi covenant.

:eek: Were they plotting terrorism? lol.

If you think that potential terrorist activity is all that should be reported to authorities... well, you must be very young and naive, and watched a few too many action movies.

When ZudetGambeous said this, "terrorist activities" was far from the first thing to come to mind.

Not all of us on JC are *** hats, so Welcome to the server have fun. Ooo and bring me pie or else. :D

I originally started out on Corellian, got my main up to level 45 before it dawned on me that leveling as the only person on the entire planet (and one of 20 in the fleet) was the most depressing thing ever. I rerolled on Fatman, and while I absolutely despised the little children on there, I loved actually seeing people talk for once. I went to log in one day and saw the "Standard" next to Corellian and it was like my prayers had been answered.

The number one thing, like the OP said, the only rude thing I've encountered is when doing dailies and someone snags up the item I was fighting mobs to get. On the other hand I also seem to strangely acquire multiple free buffs when afk'ing, and it seems like people are willing to actually say more than 3 words when you group up, and overall the community seems a lot more relaxed and calm.

you sound lucky my server is overrun with kids cussing in general chat, talking inappropriately about sex or their bodies, and trolling.

Actually, if you pay attention to it you'll probably find out that the kids that overrun the server are usually just 2-3 persons doing 90% of the trash talk. Ignore those and the amount of spam goes down 90% :p

Hahahaha, there are most certainly good people on jedi covenenant, tell me what time you were on and heard that and hell, I could probably identify the troll who said it xD. But jokes aside, good people are everywhere on jedi covenant imo, the more populated planets always have some sort of conversation going.