Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

Considering we hardly have any servers at all, what's the point in having server transfers to begin with? Screw the PVE, PvP and RP server breakdowns just roll them all up into one server. Might as well just combine all the servers into one server and be done with it.

While they may do that with RP and PVE, I doubt they would roll PVP into a PVE server.

As long as that is true, I would still want transfers. I have 3 50's on a PVP server that I don't use. (and 1 on a RP server) All of my friends that played on a PVP server quit. Now I play with my brother on a PVE server. I want my PVP toons moved to the PVE server.

If they are just waiting to get the unique First+Last names, then I can understand. I would really like that. I've had to rename 5 of my characters already.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're at the 36th page right now, i wonder how many people want that transfert services ? :eek:

maybe BW should re-check their 'To do list' ... and i hope it include:

- Character transfert system

- fix multiple crash to desktop / loading problem

- stop ruining "low lvl50" economy by giving 99 crystal, let ppl gear up in FP (which mean GF need implementation)

- implement GF (FP/HM/SM) with equipped item rating calculation (avoid low geared ppl in HM etc)

- Upgrade performance for high end video card / extreme gaming PC

- Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion ( yeah totally at the end of the list )

While they may do that with RP and PVE, I doubt they would roll PVP into a PVE server.

I've seen several posts on this and even tho I understand the idea I have to disagree. Each of the server types are setup for a specific social environment. Server type populations are based on the overall popularity of that environment. You can make toons on any server so if the population level is low there it's due more to lack of interest than not being able to transfer. Crossing server type is fine but mixing them together would just create even MORE problems. I want transfers available as much as the next person but lets not go overboard. The creation of some grand master server is interesting but would create chaos.

I play PVE because I like the storylines, exploring, and NOT getting jumped by highlevel bored people who just like attacking those that stand no chance against them...remember, its not real pvp if you cant lose, its called rape! But I digress... The last thing I want to deal with is someone in RP mode telling me to get in character or even answering a page for a heroic in character on a PVE realm. I've seen it happen a few times, it got ugly...and I wasn't the one chewing them out for it. I'm not hating on the scene mind you but I don't enjoy it which is why I play on a PVE realm. This being just one possible situation of mixing different realm types.

This is getting stupid. I mean you have the technology in place from the server transfers and you refuse to offer this quality of life improvement to your player base.

Also on Nov. 16. there was this interview with Lead Designer Damion Schubert http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

10. Once FTP launches, will there be options to purchase server transfers with Cartel Coins?

Not at that time, but server transfers are coming.

How long ? When ? I'm sick and tired of this and I would gladly pay to finally merge my characters on one server.

This is getting stupid. I mean you have the technology in place from the server transfers and you refuse to offer this quality of life improvement to your player base.

Also on Nov. 16. there was this interview with Lead Designer Damion Schubert http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

10. Once FTP launches, will there be options to purchase server transfers with Cartel Coins?

Not at that time, but server transfers are coming.

How long ? When ? I'm sick and tired of this and I would gladly pay to finally merge my characters on one server.

* waves wad of money* BW look at this. I wish to give you money for a few presses of a button. Y U NO transfer??

I spend all my time on an RP server, while my geared to the teeth pve server toon sits on her arse. I wish to bring her to the rp server. But if i can't why am I paying money for stuff I dont need for rp? I'm going to unsub pretty soon at this rate.

Edited by Crezelle

• 2 weeks later...
Totally have to agree. I've been waiting since forever to get my level 50 toon from The Harbinger to the East Cost server I'm on now with my guild. It's just been sitting there level 50 doing NOTHING for the past 8 months!!! Please let me bring that toon to Jedi Covenant!! I've already been waiting over 8 months!! Probably longer really. This really is ridiculous. Why wait? What's the point in waiting when it's so easy?!! And if it's not so easy, TELL US WHY it's not so easy. Give us a DATE!!! I'd probably pay $50 maybe even $100 to get this done. I'm begging to give money to do this!! Just let me have my other toon on my server!!!

Reunite all of us on one server?Are you crazy?Everything is fine as is right now. Otherwise, prepare to play the game 1 frame at a time.

mhh actualy i have hardly frame rate changes no matter if room is full or not...

for teh character transfer ,,, how will this work with legacy?

would be pretty unfair if you get your RP characters on teh PvP server or vice versa...

also someone told me it is already there ... but costs money

First, they have to wait for the sub population to stabilize.

This made me laugh a lot. Thanks m8.

Yeah, losing those 1mil+ subs really helps in creating a quality service. They absolutely DON'T want to increase their sub base (as then it would not be 'stable').

Upon release, they glorified the voice acting while we complained about lack of content. Clearly the people in charge don't have their priorities straight. That's the problem I think. Nothing against the Admins as everyone above them is setting them up for failure.

Well, according to today's State of the Game, we should expect server transfers later this year. Allegedly. And how late, who knows.

That answer isn't good enough.

One thing I learn from mmorpg is that if a player quits, the longer the player stays away from the game the less likely they are to return.

Edited by Knockerz

Why are other players so insistent on paid character transfers? I mean, if we're clamoring for change why not ask for character transfers instead of paid character transfers? Regardless of what we say it's going to be paid transfers, but we've lowered the bar so far down for ourselves that EAWare will be delivering exactly what we asked for by charging us. At least let the charge be something they come up with; not us.

I came back and subbed hoping transfers would come back, paid or not. I have 4 characters 2 on each server with money on both servers. I waited months hoping my characters would be put all on the same server didn't happen and with all effeorts on the cartel market it seems and everything put on the back burner, im tired of waiting. This is something that should of been done over 6 months ago when transfers were happening, paid or free.:(

I came back and subbed hoping transfers would come back, paid or not. I have 4 characters 2 on each server with money on both servers. I waited months hoping my characters would be put all on the same server didn't happen and with all effeorts on the cartel market it seems and everything put on the back burner, im tired of waiting. This is something that should of been done over 6 months ago when transfers were happening, paid or free.:(

We're unlikely to get character transfers this year (2013)

Oh and -

Bioware and their forum enforcers dont like you pointing out their failures, perhaps if they didnt fail so much on subjects that seem to pish people off they wouldnt have to go around deleting so much.

Oh and -

Bioware and their forum enforcers dont like you pointing out their failures, perhaps if they didnt fail so much on subjects that seem to pish people off they wouldnt have to go around deleting so much.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

You didn't read the state of the game post very carefully, did you? :rolleyes:

This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

You didn't read the state of the game post very carefully, did you? :rolleyes:

Have you played this game for any length of time? (actually i do not care) The term - Believe it when i see it, comes to mind... :rolleyes:

I havent seen very much from BW, therefore i'm inclined to disbelieve much from BW.

Edited by SWaotc