Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

It's fairly obvious. They want to make you buy cartel coins to do the transfers with. The amount of coins the transfers cost will be 100 or so less then the increments you can buy the coins in. This will leave you with only 100 or so coins which won't be enough to buy anything else but you feel like you paid for them so you want to use them. Therefore you will be sucked into the ploy and you will buy another round of cartel coins so you can spend the ones you already had on something.

They need to get you used to spending cartel coins so that they pull you in and make it feel like it's not so bad. Then you just keep spending. It's a common tactic used by F2P MMO's.

shhhhhh.

Come on bro, dont tell me the truth. I am trying to keep that thought supressed. We can dream cant we.

(of course i doubt it will only be 100 tokens, i am thinking close to 1000. This way only the CE people will get a ""FREE TRANFER"" if they spend all the token they get. 1000 tokens will be like 20 dollars)

Edited by kirorx

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly they are sitting on transfers until after they finalize what servers will be here and which will not? Wouldnt you be upset if you moved to a server (paid to move) and they closed it? Why worry about transfers now anyways? If you are on a dead server you will be moved for free soon.

I guess it would be too much to think that because after the free transfers that are going on still and the server merges that come after, perhaps they want to get that done before they start allowing for paid transfers which would generally allow you to choose your destination server.

All your conspiracy theories aside, there still are a few realities that need sorting before paid transfers make sense. And indeed opening a cash shop to sell stuff is also one thing that needed to be added. So all in all it's actually logical now that they will be available via the cartel system after the server merges.

Possibly they are sitting on transfers until after they finalize what servers will be here and which will not? Wouldnt you be upset if you moved to a server (paid to move) and they closed it? Why worry about transfers now anyways? If you are on a dead server you will be moved for free soon.

We already know which servers will be here. They have locked character creation on most servers (Unless you already have a toon there). They need to force move all of the remaining toons, and then open up paid transfers asap.

I have several 50's I want to move to my new server (and their legacy as well). They were a part of the free move from my dead server but I had already rerolled on a completely different server that I wasnt allowed to transfer to.

I think the quicker BW allows people to consolidate their toons the less people will give up and quit.

We already know which servers will be here. They have locked character creation on most servers (Unless you already have a toon there). They need to force move all of the remaining toons, and then open up paid transfers asap.

I have several 50's I want to move to my new server (and their legacy as well). They were a part of the free move from my dead server but I had already rerolled on a completely different server that I wasnt allowed to transfer to.

I think the quicker BW allows people to consolidate their toons the less people will give up and quit.

You know for a fact they wont open any more servers for f2p or maybe decide not to close some? Unless you work for Bioware I doubt that. You can move your characters now and for free. If you want to choose what server then you'll have to wait. What if you pay to move off darth bandon for example and then they announce that server will remain open? Better for them to wait until everything id finalized and the store is in the game.

Browse these forums.

Do you really think that customer satisfaction is a priority for the Bioware team that is managing this product?

They are responsible for creating this mess. When BW announced they were working on the free transfers, they made the mistake of not informing their subscribers that the server destinations would be chosen by BW, not the subscriber. Well they did fess up a week before the process started.

So here we are, posting daily for the last 2 months asking for information regarding server transfers character consolidation and not a single note from the team. Amazing they are doing it again.

I would pay for a transfer to demonstrate that there is a ROI if they open this feature. There is a big demand for this service. Every major MMO offers character server transfers of CHOICE, what the BLEEP is wrong with this company???

I agree with you, I am a PAYING <== customer and i would like the option to move my imp toons off of adraas to another RP PVE server. but at the moment i cant move them to Ebon Hawk because all of my republic toons are there. I dont have any space and even if i did i do not want to mix factions on the same server.

Being a paying customer we want options and choices, think of it this way:

A paying customer walks into a Pizza shop and orders a pizza, the person behind the desk says you cant have this, we will only sell you a Pizza with extra cheese but not with mushrooms only extra cheese.

Do you think this paying costomer will tell the guy behind the desk its a great idea ill pay for it or do you think he will go elsewhere for better options?

Why should this be any different? its only $15.00 a month but i am assuming they want that $15.00 a month give your customers a choice in the matter, give us info on who, what, when or possibly when.

I think it is simpler they that even. I think they are waiting until they do the automated forced transfers from the old locked servers. Just like they are waiting to do server specific forums until the automatic transfers are done.

As for paid transfers, I see no reason why they would do that with cartel coins, when they can just put it in as a merchant transaction on your account (which clearly is what they will do for purchase of coins.). No reason to make two levels of transactions, though I am sure people sitting on stacks of coins (cough, subscribers, cough) will whine for a coin option.

You know for a fact they wont open any more servers for f2p or maybe decide not to close some? Unless you work for Bioware I doubt that. You can move your characters now and for free. If you want to choose what server then you'll have to wait. What if you pay to move off darth bandon for example and then they announce that server will remain open? Better for them to wait until everything id finalized and the store is in the game.

By your logic we will never know if they are planning on opening or closing new servers since it could happen several times over the life of this game. Don't be so obtuse. They just locked most servers and left a few open. It is obvious that this is how it is going to be for the foreseeable future.

Bioware, you are holding up mu legacy by not opening this system. I understand you want to have your F2P money system ready in order to be able to handle the cash side of this, but everybody should have at least 2 free transfers to be able to move a couple of characters if needed before you open this up.

***This is NOT an "I QUIT" post, this is a paying customer BEGGING the devs for a response***

I see they are still not responding to this thread. I keep checking it to be hopeful that Bioware will respond to these concerns to make THEIR Legacy system work for the players who have stayed with them since the beginning. It's about the loyal subscribers who continued to play the game when it was "unplayable as an MMO" and were stuck on dead servers, so many of us were forced to re-roll on a populated server so we could enjoy the game we genuinely liked. Now our legacy is spread out among different servers and we just want to unite them so we can get the "Legacy Perks" that we should have earned.

I've called customer service, who tell me to post about it in the forums where we don't get responses. I went ahead and cancelled my subscription and sent them the "why I'm leaving" message they ask when you cancel. I told them that if we even got something as simple as a rough timetable for when they will be available, I would consider re-subscribing.

I'll consider coming back once these transfers are finally made available, but I will be playing other MMOs in the meantime. I'm genuinely sad about this... I like the game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and to make me disappointed in a Star wars game, you have to be REALLY trying to disappoint me. But I'm "voting with my dollars" and going elsewhere based solely on the customer service.

There's no way that they don't have some kind of rough idea about when these transfers will become available. My assumption is that they are SO far off, they are ignoring the requests because of the blowback they will receive for it.

Either way, I'm done with the lack of customer service for now. The company seems more interested in figuring out "what kind of game they WANT to be" rather than taking care of the customers who are paying to play the game they already have.

They also seem more focused on transferring characters that nobody is playing anymore or the few who decided NOT to move under the premise they wouldn't be FORCED to move if they didn't want to (how's THAT working out for you?) than arranging a system that allows their PAYING customers to PAY them more to move the characters they are ACTUALLY PLAYING.

Chances are they will classify this as an "I quit" post and delete it. That will just prove to the rest of you that they actually READ it and still aren't responding to the question. Think about that...

I was about to say something like that as well. Notice how even if the responses in a thread that are more for supporting SW:TOR, if someone mentions a couple of those other MMO games, those threads get a response and get closed pretty quickly. I assume this is so they dont lose more people to their competition. But they wouldnt lose those people if they would actually communicate to their player base on important matters such as this. If it continues, the game will continue to lose more and more people. I wonder how many people dont even post about this issue, but unsubscribe because of it.

Dear CSRs,

The previous paragraph though it mentions you, is not actually at you. I understand you guys have your policies you must follow. I also know you guys probably go through a lot of QQ unfounded complaints, and I feel for you. But you really should start going up the chain with this information before this game continues to bleed more subs. Some word of progress, something other than, "It's coming, Soon™." People have heard enough "It's coming, Soon™" since the beginning of this game to last them a lifetime. Go to the higher ups in the company and tell them to put up or shut up with the Soon™s, before you guys lose another 25% of the subcription base. :)

PS: The Star Wars fan above me, is cancelling till he gets some information. I mean a SW fan, he wants the game to succeed, at this point, most of the launch day trolls are gone. You're starting to lose even more fans here. If the Star Wars fans wont put up with this much longer, no one else will. Get your **** together...

Edited by Katsuragisama

Another week, another opportunity for Bioware to ignore a thread with 260+ posts.

Another week, another opportunity for Bioware to scratch their heads and wonder why their community relations has such a bad reputation.

Hey guys, thanks for the free transfers but I've found that I prefer another server so why are you idling when it comes to paid transfers? I've never seen a company who didn't want money. Please respond to the thread that is obviously important to the player base that has remained loyal to the game. Please take our money and allow us to transfer our characters. Please for once finish what's obviously gotten off to a good start.

*standing here waving money around*

They really need to allow transfers other than the forced ones. My main and a bunch of others are currently on a PVP server, and I hate it. I've decided to basically stop playing and focus on a character I've got on an RP server until transfers are available.

If I hate PVP servers, why am I on one? Because my brother got me into the game, and I wanted to play with him, and for some reason he always insists on picking PVP servers. Before the forced transfer, it wasn't so bad because there were so few people on, I never got killed. But then there were announcements that our characters would be transferred to the new servers whether we wanted them to be or not, and if we did it ahead of time, we'd get rewards, so I went ahead and transferred. Now I'm on a ridiculously overpopulated server and I'm completely stalled with my agent on Tattooine because level 50s won't stop pointlessly slaughtering lowbies long enough for me to do any questing. It's made attempting to play such an exercise in frustration that there's absolutely no point to it. I mean, there aren't even PVP rewards for killing people in the world. What on earth do these people get out of slaughtering lowbies who can't even offer a challenge? But this isn't about my hatred of world PVP. This is about me wanting the option to move these characters that I've spent so many hours on to a server that I can actually enjoy playing on.

Not offering any recourse to us when we want to transfer characters (for whatever reasons we might have) is terrible customer service and a real good way to get people to stop p[aying. They've already rendered my main and most of the other characters I play un-fun to me by forcing me into a high-pop PVP server (if I could have transferred to a high-pop non-PVP server when they wanted to consolidate, I'd have gladly done so). If I didn't already have a mid-level character on an RP server, it might very well be enough to make me quit altogether until transfers were an option.

I am done waiting for this.

I will return to this game when stuff like this has been implemnented. I have too many characters still stuck on the dead server because i only got one option, when two probally made all the differecne.

If I am expected to pay to move the rest of the toons off the dead server, then they will stay there.

What will happen with the forced mergers? I have head nothing, and i just dont feel like logging in anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
***This is NOT an "I QUIT" post, this is a paying customer BEGGING the devs for a response***

I see they are still not responding to this thread. I keep checking it to be hopeful that Bioware will respond to these concerns to make THEIR Legacy system work for the players who have stayed with them since the beginning. It's about the loyal subscribers who continued to play the game when it was "unplayable as an MMO" and were stuck on dead servers, so many of us were forced to re-roll on a populated server so we could enjoy the game we genuinely liked. Now our legacy is spread out among different servers and we just want to unite them so we can get the "Legacy Perks" that we should have earned.

I've called customer service, who tell me to post about it in the forums where we don't get responses. I went ahead and cancelled my subscription and sent them the "why I'm leaving" message they ask when you cancel. I told them that if we even got something as simple as a rough timetable for when they will be available, I would consider re-subscribing.

I'll consider coming back once these transfers are finally made available, but I will be playing other MMOs in the meantime. I'm genuinely sad about this... I like the game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and to make me disappointed in a Star wars game, you have to be REALLY trying to disappoint me. But I'm "voting with my dollars" and going elsewhere based solely on the customer service.

There's no way that they don't have some kind of rough idea about when these transfers will become available. My assumption is that they are SO far off, they are ignoring the requests because of the blowback they will receive for it.

Either way, I'm done with the lack of customer service for now. The company seems more interested in figuring out "what kind of game they WANT to be" rather than taking care of the customers who are paying to play the game they already have.

They also seem more focused on transferring characters that nobody is playing anymore or the few who decided NOT to move under the premise they wouldn't be FORCED to move if they didn't want to (how's THAT working out for you?) than arranging a system that allows their PAYING customers to PAY them more to move the characters they are ACTUALLY PLAYING.

Chances are they will classify this as an "I quit" post and delete it. That will just prove to the rest of you that they actually READ it and still aren't responding to the question. Think about that...

Do you really need Bioware to explain what is common sense to most??

They are not going to allow paid transfers until they are done closing servers and have everyone moved to the super servers they have created... It would be pretty stupid of them to allow paid transfers and have everyone spread out across a bunch of servers.. Only then to moan and complain about how empty they are..

Bioware doesn't have to say anything.. There is nothing to say..

If you are going to quit because you can't see the obvious and then reason things out on your own.. Well.. Quit then.. But there is nothing Bioware needs to say..

I am sure they know we want paid transfers.. When they are ready server wise to let us go where we want, they will do so.. Until then, let them manage the servers and do it their way.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

They've already locked transfers and rerolls to the origin servers, so no need to wait for them to finalize anything. Just open up transfers from destination server, to destination server. We know the transfer system is in place--we've all used it--they just need to flip a switch that allows for more destination servers. The solution is easy. I suspect, though, that there's something they're not saying or are afraid of. I think there's a real possibility that they want to shut down a few more servers before they implement this, otherwise, what's the hold up? Edited by aaronbaron

Lot's of people are writing in here wanting paid character transfers. We want to consolidate our characters onto one server after all of the merges and people quitting. I have two 50s I don't even use because they're stuck on a bad server. You haven't commented on this issue in months. You're obviously holding out on paid transfers for a reason, why can't you tell us that reason? Please, at least acknowledge us!

They've already locked transfers and rerolls to the origin servers, so no need to wait for them to finalize anything. Just open up transfers from destination server, to destination server. We know the transfer system is in place--we've all used it--they just need to flip a switch that allows for more destination servers. The solution is easy. I suspect, though, that there's something they're not saying or are afraid of. I think there's a real possibility that they want to shut down a few more servers before they implement this, otherwise, what's the hold up?

agreed ive been asking for this since the free origin to destination went live, my imp toons are stuck on adraas because i cant move them to ebon hawk, all of my republic toons are there. this was a silly decision to do it that way they should have given us two choices. its not like there was only one destination server to move too. :(