No more transfers until next week

JaxonLuxor

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sub runs out on Monday, looks like it's gonna stay that way. Not gonna bother re-upping to wait around some more.

Thanks for the fun, time to go find out what the sun looks like.

I hardly ever post and when I do it's hardly ever to complain but this has pushed me beyond my limit. I have been the voice of reason on our server on both sides saying, "just be patient it will be our turn soon" but apparently it's not.

They left dozens of servers unable to transfer before the weekend and leaving those servers with extremly low populations prior to a weekend is unacceptable. I understand the "need to monitor server balance and population" but data has been compiling all week. So those people that have patiently waited the entire week without raging and unsub while they watched countless servers get transferred and hundreds of people reporting how much happier they are now stuck with their dead server until next week. Unacceptable

I don't rage but this has done it. For all those "what you can't wait 3 days?" No, after waiting for months on a dead server it's getting old after waiting the entire week PATIENTLY believing you would be taken care of soon but then have it denied.

Bioware, I know it's TGIF for you guys and gals but that doesn't mean the business week ended yesterday.

The last handful are also the largest servers left, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm afraid you're mistaken... one of the servers left... Darth Malak for example, republic fleet was 4 people last night... yes 4 PEOPLE... that's a freaking record... empire side had 20 people... would you call that a "largest" server ? seriously lol

Edited by RobertoThePot

Shouldnt have to wait is the point..not when most others are transferred already..why did they start a process they couldnt finish within a reasonable about of time. We are all paying customers and expect the same service to be provided for all!

Read this:

All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

Shadow Hand is a server that was very popular up until D3. It's population usually bumps up from light to standard ON THE WEEKENDS.

This will probably effect which servers of the remaining PVE East will be chosen as potential Destination servers to follow in the model of The Shadowlands.

You know what, it's not fair, but life's not fair. Somebody had to go first, and somebody had to be last, the people going last thinks that Bioware is out to screw them, but that's not the case, they are going last because somebody had to be last.

Thats where your wrong..."NO ONE ' Had to be last. Your telling me they dont have the know how to have made this system of transfers work any better than this?

Ugh. I'm trying to be patient and I'm really not gonna ragequit or rant & QQ over this, but it is kinda disappointing. I could understand if we still had half the servers to go, but we don't - it's far far less than that: only 22 of 123 (17.8%) of US servers have yet to learn if they will be an origin or destination. Would the 7 PVE-West servers getting split between Harbinger & Drooga's really kill things? Were the 2 PvP-East servers really gonna break one of their destinations?

Ah well... I know it'll happen eventually and I know they can see numbers we can't. I also know they need to be careful to do this right the first time. Just kinda stinks being in the minority of "left out" servers for now.

OTOH, now I can go play instead of lurking over the forums & twitter feeds. :p

Because the closer the get to the end, the slower it gets because the destination servers are getting close to being full so they have to be really careful. Already you have threads with people complaining about server queues. So they have to be really careful to look at more data to see if they want to send more to those destinations or open up new ones. Earlier in the process that is not necessary because no server was close to capacity so they can just send a bunch of low pop servers there without hesitation.

There are only 2 PVP EST servers left, TWO, with a combined population of maybe 50. No amount of data over the weekend is going to impact the end result. These two servers have to be transferred to either Fatman or Po5,. So why wait other than to piss us off?

I hardly ever post and when I do it's hardly ever to complain but this has pushed me beyond my limit. I have been the voice of reason on our server on both sides saying, "just be patient it will be our turn soon" but apparently it's not.

They left dozens of servers unable to transfer before the weekend and leaving those servers with extremly low populations prior to a weekend is unacceptable. I understand the "need to monitor server balance and population" but data has been compiling all week. So those people that have patiently waited the entire week without raging and unsub while they watched countless servers get transferred and hundreds of people reporting how much happier they are now stuck with their dead server until next week. Unacceptable

I don't rage but this has done it. For all those "what you can't wait 3 days?" No, after waiting for months on a dead server it's getting old after waiting the entire week PATIENTLY believing you would be taken care of soon but then have it denied.

Bioware, I know it's TGIF for you guys and gals but that doesn't mean the business week ended yesterday.

Loads of folks will not login until this weekend. They will be doing mass amounts of transfers all weekend. It makes perfect sense for them to see how the populations even out before finishing the last servers.

Would you be happier with massive queue times for login and extreme server lag? They need to determine if they will open additional destination servers as to not overload existing servers.

Looks like they are being responsible to me.

Because the closer the get to the end, the slower it gets because the destination servers are getting close to being full so they have to be really careful. Already you have threads with people complaining about server queues. So they have to be really careful to look at more data to see if they want to send more to those destinations or open up new ones. Earlier in the process that is not necessary because no server was close to capacity so they can just send a bunch of low pop servers there without hesitation.

The majority of the servers left is PVE East coast and yesterday they opened up a NEW destination server of The Shadowlands. It's nowhere near capacity so unfortunately the theory of "we don't want to overload" isn't correct.

Considering they ALREADY moved too fast and apparently overpopulated the servers... and this is BEFORE the weekend players start doing THEIR transfers... I for one (being one of the unfortunates who was already on a now overcrowded destination server with no say in the matter) am glad they're taking a breather to give things time to settle. If they had done that all along, maybe they would have noticed the overcrowding before it was too late to really do anything.

They *really* should have only opened transfers on as many servers as would work if *every* single person transferred, then given it a full week to see how many actually did, then repeat the process again.

They're obviously rushing to get these transfers "done" before 1.3.

I'm afraid you're mistaken... one of the servers left... Darth Malak for example, republic fleet was 4 people last night... yes 4 PEOPLE... that's a freaking record... empire side had 20 people... would you call that a "largest" server ? seriously lol

Yep, was on Malak last night...when I was on, there were 6 on the Republic side, 150% of your experience!

In all seriousness, it's one thing if there were like half of the East PVP servers left to go and they had some concerns, but to transfer 25 of the 27 servers and then not transferring the last 2 (both of which boast very low pops) for fear of balancing issues doesn't seem real well thought out. Either way, sucks to be on the last 2 but whatever. They'll do what they do and there's not much to do to change it even if it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Damn so many people QQ about this. They said transfers for servers will start on the week of June 12th. Not EVERYONE will be transferred on the week of June 12th. I understand people want to be moved but you're crying like its the end of the world. Get your toons ready to transfer and then go outside or do something productive, or play another game for the next few days..Haven't beat a game yet, go beat it and wait patiently. Edited by Earitory

Considering they ALREADY moved too fast and apparently overpopulated the servers... and this is BEFORE the weekend players start doing THEIR transfers... I for one (being one of the unfortunates who was already on a now overcrowded destination server with no say in the matter) am glad they're taking a breather to give things time to settle. If they had done that all along, maybe they would have noticed the overcrowding before it was too late to really do anything.

They *really* should have only opened transfers on as many servers as would work if *every* single person transferred, then given it a full week to see how many actually did, then repeat the process again.

They're obviously rushing to get these transfers "done" before 1.3.

at least ur having fun on ur server

i'm stuck with 8 ppl on fleet in prime time

so why are u complaining again?

Loads of folks will not login until this weekend. They will be doing mass amounts of transfers all weekend. It makes perfect sense for them to see how the populations even out before finishing the last servers.

Would you be happier with massive queue times for login and extreme server lag? They need to determine if they will open additional destination servers as to not overload existing servers.

Looks like they are being responsible to me.

See my post below yours concerning the majority of the remaining servers is PVE East Coast and a brand new destination server with only standard population is open. The data should have been compiled not only this week but the last 3 months to get the pattern of users and their play times.

Wow, I like waiting. I don't want my server to crash while I'm doing dailies or levelling up the low level toon.

I also dislike entitled people a lot in fact. People who think that everything should be a now-now-now mentality. Honestly I prefer to be patient and do things right. Which is why I don't like to level fast but level well my characters.

Now back to actual playing not complaining LOL.

Thats where your wrong..."NO ONE ' Had to be last. Your telling me they dont have the know how to have made this system of transfers work any better than this?

Yes I'm telling you that because people are unpredictable. Some have said they won't move because they don't want to lose their names. Some on the destination servers like Fatman rerolled there but now are leaving because they got their transfers. So they have to move some people, observe their behavior and see what the trends are, then work with the rest. So yes, some people went first, and some people are going last.

I hate to agree, but there's still people eagerly waiting to get off their dead servers. Just because my characters were all on the servers already addressed doesn't mean that those waiting don't have my support and sympathy. I'm sorry they didn't get around to you before the weekend break =( There aren't *that* many servers left untouched. Edited by Hangtooth

I am not one to complain, and im am patient, but their excuses for the transfer delays are BS. They should have been more prepared for this, by monitoring server population prior to the transfers. The population is not going to shift that much after the transfers so they should have know way before hand what to expect.

The majority of the servers left is PVE East coast and yesterday they opened up a NEW destination server of The Shadowlands. It's nowhere near capacity so unfortunately the theory of "we don't want to overload" isn't correct.

It was lagging last night and loads of folks will not be logging in until the weekend. They need data to determine what needs to be fixed.

Most likely, they will open a 4th PVE East server next week as many of those left have decent pops.