So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people in my guild had a lot of rage about this. They'd raced to log in dec 13th or whatever the absolute first possible moment was to get their names, and then to be forced to change them because BioWare wrecked the server we were on did no make them happy people. And rightfully so, people cared a lot about their names and BioWare didn't even try and resolve the issue in a fair way, so I'll probably need to recruit more people and bioware will lose some more subs. Serves them right.

kept my legacy name which is awesome ! lost 1 char name out of 6 so all and all it was a good transfer.

That being said I think some people need to chill its just a name ! It sucks yes but goddamn don't loose any sleep over it.

I lost 17.

That's each of my characters on each of the servers I ever rolled on.

This whole thing was handled so poorly, from the fact that destination servers were deemed so special as to not have to compete for any of their names even if they were on inactive accounts in these thinly-veiled mergers, to the fact that the RP communities on the EU RP-PVP servers were straight up punched in the teeth from some incredibly poor decision-making on Bioware's part. And since I've had all I can take of being jerked around by a company I once held in high regard in the gaming industry (that's Bioware, btw, not EA in case anyone was dense enough to make that mistake), I cancelled my sub yesterday, and would have re-cancelled it today if that were possible.

These guys don't have a clue about how to build something that lasts.

I lost six out of seven names of characters I transferred...it's actually sort've sad.

I'd guess I lost them because I nailed down the correct spelling of a number of awesome names...now I lost them all. On the plus side (I guess) I created those characters names on the old server, in case somehow it ever becomes something again...heh.

I just lost one, but I took my time and come up with an even better name:). I even got to keep my legacy name.

I don´t really understand the big deal about the name issue ( I mean it´s just a name, not that big a deal imo) But I understand that people don´t like it, and I hope that those folks think playing on more populated server outweighs the negeative of a different name.

Edited by BulldogCFC

I lost my main character's name, and for the life of me I can't figure out why it bothers me so much...but it does.

Why can't the client recognize PCs by first name and legacy name, or first name and title? Think of all the naming options that would open up; not only that, it has a place in Star Wars lore, as most people were often referred to by first and last names.

Add a toggle option to disable displaying it, to avoid cluttering the game screen, and have the client recognize duplicate names and prompt you for clarification when /whispering or sending mail.

Viola...heartache avoided...

Oh well, canceled my sub till a feature similar to this is implemented. Unfortunate since I really was enjoying most aspects of the game. C'est la vie.

//SIGNED//

Bounty Hunter, formerly known as Bosk of Daragon Trail

Edited by addyusaf
Spelling/grammar

I lost my main character's name, and for the life of me I can't figure out why it bothers me so much...but it does.

Why can't the client recognize PCs by first name and legacy name, or first name and title? Think of all the naming options that would open up; not only that, it has a place in Star Wars lore, as most people were often referred to by first and last names.

Add a toggle option to disable displaying it, to avoid cluttering the game screen, and have the client recognize duplicate names and prompt you for clarification when /whispering or sending mail.

Viola...heartache avoided...

Oh well, canceled my sub till a feature similar to this is implemented. Unfortunate since I really was enjoying most aspects of the game. C'est la vie.

//SIGNED//

Bounty Hunter, formally known as Bosk of Daragon Trail

Translation: I cant have what i want so im going to quit until i get it.

So instead I should continue to pay for something I don't want?

No thanks. I work to hard for my money to do that.

You shouldn't.. But we are talking about a character name.. I fail to see why it is so hard to just make a new one or change the spelling of the old one.. This shouldn't be an isssue of paying for something you don't want.. But if you are going to quit over a name.. Then he is right..

To the OP.. I didn't lose any of my names.. My names are creative enough that nobody else seems to have them.. Nobody had my legacy either..

People unsubing because of a character name... haha!

I moved 3 characters of my mine and one of the names weretaken, plus my legacy name. But really, why would I care about that? All I needed to do was add one letter at the end of my old name and I had it again. All my friends call me with the "old" name still. I don't see the problem here, unless you are diehard RP player, in which case; too bad.

I lost 3 names...2 of them are names that previous people used as name holders and aren't even being used.

grrrrrrrrrr.....*shakes Fist*

Was named Dodge on Juyo since early access. Transfer to Canderous Ordo and the Dodge their is just a lvl 1 consular on tython with no activity. No telling how long they have been inactive.

Same thing goes for Garret on the opposite faction, their just lvl 12 Sith Warrior with no activity.

LOL...I say boot them and take my names back...:D

You shouldn't.. But we are talking about a character name.. I fail to see why it is so hard to just make a new one or change the spelling of the old one.. This shouldn't be an isssue of paying for something you don't want.. But if you are going to quit over a name.. Then he is right..

It's not hard...in fact it would be really easy for me to use a special character our alternate spelling, but I don't want to, so I'm not going to continue paying the subscription. Why would I pay for something that I'm not happy with?

Not that it's a huge deal; it's just not worth my money right now.

Transfer to Canderous Ordo and the Dodge their is just a lvl 1 consular on tython with no activity. No telling how long they have been inactive.

Same thing goes for Garret on the opposite faction, their just lvl 12 Sith Warrior with no activity.

Out of curiousity, how do you see what level/class someone else is if they're not online? Do you just add them as a friend or is there some other command to do that?

Just wondering.

I'm down three, that I care about ;(.

Now to spend an hour on each trying to think of better ones, and a legacy to match.

Edit: For the record, I'm not bitter or in any way blaming Bioware. Just a little sad, which is outweighed by the fact I'll (hopefully) have a decent WZ pop rate at any time of the day.

Edit 2: Get off your high horses about original names. You know the real reason your name wasn't taken? It's either because a), you're lucky, or b) the name is terrible.

No matter how original you think your name is, if its pronouncable, someone else has used it at some point throughout history.

I lost one, one that was randomly generated and I cant even remember what it was originally. All the ones that I came up with on my own transfered fine. I have never had an issue with names in an MMO, then again I dont put words together, use anything close to famous names or use anything basic. I have been using the same set of names since before graphical MMOs came out (back when MUDs where the "online games")

Out of curiousity, how do you see what level/class someone else is if they're not online? Do you just add them as a friend or is there some other command to do that?

Just wondering.

I just keep adding them and removing them as a friend, you'll briefly see what level, class and the planet they are on. However I think they should at least make it so we can see if they exist and the last time they logged on instead of hiding everything. Though that's only in the guild roster far as I can tell.

Edited by Raideag

None.

Transferred 8 chars from A to B and didn't lost anything. The only issue I had was that I made my first transfer and target server said: 2 characters. So when I transferred my 7th char I have reached 8 char limit. even thou when I logged into that server I still had one slot empty. Luckily BW was aware about that and they already had prepared a solution. 10 minutes later my 8th char was being transferred.

But my bro-in-law transferred like 6 chars and lost at leas 4 names.... And they were reallu unique so it's almost impossible that target server already had those names. He wrote a ticket to a GM and we are awaiting for the answer.