moving more than 8 char to new server?

sepulhead

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am a altoholic and had 8 and 5 on 2 servers and both servers move to the red eclipse

Still is not going to help the fact that you can only have 8 on one server. He he. As the BW Staff member already said, you will need to choose which characters you want on the new server.

If more than 8 of your characters are eligible for transfer to the same server, you'll need to choose which 8 you'd like to transfer over. The maximum number of characters you can have on a server is 8, even if you are eligible for transfers.

Once again this shows a lack of foresight by Bioware.

You honestly didn't see this happening?

Again you are "punishing" your customers in YET ANOTHER way.

This is exactly how not to do a server merger/transfer process.

Totally disgusted with your lack of process or QA.

Six Sigma much?

Edited by Urael

Once again this shows a lack of foresight by Bioware.

You honestly didn't see this happening?

Again you are "punishing" your customers in YET ANOTHER way.

This is exactly how not to do a server merger/transfer process.

Totally disgusted with your lack of process or QA.

Six Sigma much?

Umm, how does this show lack of foresight? The MAX you can have on one server is 8 characters. Someone having multiple characters spread across different servers is not their fault. They just happened to be on servers with the same destination server.

Im in this same boat now I have 11 characters all available for the Harbinger and deleting any of them is not an option. So is paid transfer going to be an option soon? Because in my case 2 accounts is an option if you allow me to move characters from 1 account to the other. But seriously when youve pushed people to make alts for 6 months you had to have realized this would be an issue.

Umm, how does this show lack of foresight? The MAX you can have on one server is 8 characters. Someone having multiple characters spread across different servers is not their fault. They just happened to be on servers with the same destination server.

1. People have been clamouring for more character slots since beta.

2. We have been told that they have heard us and will be offering this in the future.

3. But, did not implement this BEFORE this server transfer cluge.

4 Showing lack of foresight as to the potential effects of their actions pertaining to transfers and charcter slots.

5. ALSO showing they really don't give a flying fig about their customers.

This is reminds me of all the crap that $oE did to SWG with the CU.

ALSO and most importantly SINCE WE DON"T KNOW THE FINAL OUTCOME ... those of us with alts spread out amoungst the servers NOW HAVE TO WAIT TO TRANSFER ..... so that we can prioritize which alts we want to keep.

TOTALY MAD about this ... I can't even transfer now until I see the FINAL state of origin vs. destination. :mad:

SOOOOOO WELLLL thought out BW. :rolleyes:

SSDD.

Edited by Urael

Im in this same boat now I have 11 characters all available for the Harbinger and deleting any of them is not an option. So is paid transfer going to be an option soon? Because in my case 2 accounts is an option if you allow me to move characters from 1 account to the other. But seriously when youve pushed people to make alts for 6 months you had to have realized this would be an issue.

I have to agree with this. These people should at least be allowed to transfer their "left behind" characters to an alternate server Bioware. They SHOULD NOT have to pay for that when paid transfers come. That is ridiculous.

Foresight is giving two destination choices when you have an game where alting is called end game content.

If more than 8 of your characters are eligible for transfer to the same server, you'll need to choose which 8 you'd like to transfer over. The maximum number of characters you can have on a server is 8, even if you are eligible for transfers.

I deleted a character I had on the destination server to make room for my 8 characters from my origin server. However when I go to transfer that last character it still shows 8 existing on the destination. How long does it take the system to recognize the deleted character so I can finish the process?

I deleted a character I had on the destination server to make room for my 8 characters from my origin server. However when I go to transfer that last character it still shows 8 existing on the destination. How long does it take the system to recognize the deleted character so I can finish the process?

There's a workaround for that. Create a new character on the new server, go through the initial title crawl and convo, then delete the character. That should fix the issue.

Yeah this was FULLY testing and road mapped such a good job of QA BW. :rolleyes:

Foresight is giving two destination choices when you have an game where alting is called end game content.

Last I checked Legacy is same server, so the only alting encouraged is also same server. So no problem.

8 characters covers everything. (except races, and they barely even qualify as cosmetic differences)

What a complete joke , myself and two real life friends who joined before release have had multiple characters on Sanctum of the exalted and Rubat Crystal , nothing to do with spreading we were just gearing up for maybe 16 advanced classes one day.

Now those two servers weren't dead and you are telling this OP they have to chose 8 ?? I'm sorry but you must be joking , what a totally trashy transfer plan you guys and gals have come up with god get a grip. Really unimpressed with this , well tell you what everyone in this situation why not join me and not move any at all . I really don't know what to say anymore it's stupid this. You know we actually thought it was going to be pvp and pve servers transferring not 6 rp-pve servers into 1.

Cheers,

Badorb.

Last I checked Legacy is same server, so the only alting encouraged is also same server. So no problem.

8 characters covers everything. (except races, and they barely even qualify as cosmetic differences)

You forgot 2 ACs for each class. 16 not 8