Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Long do you expect us to wait? Im so over this, im not waiting on hour long pops anymore and im definatly not waiting on you to get it together. Ive supported you from the beginning, ignored the nay sayers, and kept playing when we have 20 people on fleet during peak hours! WHY FATMAN!!!! Are you seroius, your going cram more people on that server? not smart...but i could say that about all your decisions. Not that it matters cuz my server isnt on ur list. well im done, last month im subbing unless you get this fixed. SO DONE!

Really? How does Rubat not qualify? SIX HOUR LONG PVP QUES and we don't qualify for character transfers? and here I was actually thinking I'd get to play on a server with some population this weekend.

I imagine that they are going to add to the list on a bi-daily (if not daily) basis, depending on how things go today. But I am rather shocked that the list is this short. I would have thought at least a dozen or so each in NA and EU would be in the initial roll-out. I am slightly disappointed, but will temper that with the wait and see what they do the remainder of the week.

How Long do you expect us to wait? Im so over this, im not waiting on hour long pops anymore and im definatly not waiting on you to get it together. Ive supported you from the beginning, ignored the nay sayers, and kept playing when we have 20 people on fleet during peak hours! WHY FATMAN!!!! Are you seroius, your going cram more people on that server? not smart...but i could say that about all your decisions. Not that it matters cuz my server isnt on ur list. well im done, last month im subbing unless you get this fixed. SO DONE!

They did say they were going to raise server caps on destination servers, I imagine that this is going in line with their mega-server concept. I am just glad my server didn't get Jedi Cov - one of my names is taken on it, so wouldn't be able to transfer anyway.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Mergers would have been 100x smarter. This is a huge mistake. Guilds will divide, the people who stay will be miserable and quit.

WHY?

Mergers would have lowered queue times and made finding groups easier and guilds would all remain 100% intact. The only negative to mergers, some people would have to change the spelling of their names.

I didn't mind any balance issues or Illum or bugs, the game was fun. But why destroy communities on every origin server. There is no 100% of guilds will agree on what to do.

Edited by richardya

I didn't see the "destination" servers mentioned. Some of us would like to know who BW considers destination servers so we can plan accordingly.

Shadow Hand is my Main Server. It just climbed back into the top 20 NA servers today on TORSTATUS after a huge drop in population. I was hoping it would be chosen as a destination server to bolster its population and save it from becoming an origin server.

Please give us more information BW. You are a vague as ever.

Everyone freaking out that your server isn't on the list needs to chill out. They will very quickly be adding servers to the list. They already stated they need to watch for overload issues etc. I know everyone wanted to move today, but this is actually a much better way to do it. If they just bombed transfers to each server, you'd have log in issues, crashing issues etc. Think about people leaving a burning building, if everyone tries to bolt for the door, it gets jammed up and everyone dies. If you just leave calmly, things work out great. It will be a matter of a day or two before most transfers are done. If your still playing this game then surely you can wait that long to once again enjoy having people to play with and a sense of community.

I didn't see the "destination" servers mentioned. Some of us would like to know who BW considers destination servers so we can plan accordingly.

Shadow Hand is my Main Server. It just climbed back into the top 20 NA servers today on TORSTATUS after a huge drop in population. I was hoping it would be chosen as a destination server to bolster its population and save it from becoming an origin server.

Please give us more information BW. You are a vague as ever.

They did mention destination servers, its all over the info. Been up for weeks.

But alot of Swtor players did not even know of transfers.

But why transfer to servers that are regularly "Very Heavy" or "Full," I understand why having a good, healthy population is a good thing, but I hope the servers have been expanded for more capacity.

Remember if you will that those status listings are easily adjustable by BioWare because they can raise or lower the arbitrary population cap on any server, any time they wish.

For those that are not aware of this, or understand how it works, let me give a quick example (that does not reflect any specific server): You log in to a server that reads "Full" after a few second wait. There are 150 people on Dromund Kass, 170 on the Imperial Fleet and maybe 2,000 or so people on the entire server, spread across various planets, ships and such.

The next day you log in and see the server load is "Light". You log in and see the exact same number of people on Dromund Kaas and the Imperial fleet. In fact, nearly the same 2,000 or so people that were playing yesterday have logged in today all over the server!

BioWare adjusted the number of players they want on that server upwards. Yesterday that cap might have been set at 2,000, today it's set at 5,000. These server groups (each server is actually groups of computers working in tandem) are very flexible and have far more capacity than many people realize. When BioWare says they've set up this game for the long run, they are very serious.

As a side note, these server groups are running some of the most advanced software you'll find in any online game, without exception. You would be knocked on your *** if you understood the kinds of data BioWare can pull from everything in the game, in real time 3D projections. Very futuristic stuff, there's a few videos about it floating around. Literally mind blowing, Minority Report kind of tech. Don't underestimate what they are capable of, this isn't the outdated WoW setup or something pieced together by NcSoft.

They did mention destination servers, its all over the info. Been up for weeks.

But alot of Swtor players did not even know of transfers.

Link please. I don't remember seeing the destination servers. Not listed here. AND it should be. Put all the dang information in one pleace ....

Just found it here.

REALLY BW learn to put all information in ONE place.

Edited by Urael

I'm really disappointed with the way the transfers are being handled. I don't mind that only four servers in NA are listed as origins. I understand the need to stagger.

But seriously, I don't get why BioWare is not setting up DESIGNATED DESTINATION servers. There's so many light servers out there, and unless BioWare designates specific standard population servers as destinations, all they are doing is either shifting population between the 100+ light servers or all onto Fatman.

You people are really impatient. The transfers were told to be on the begining of the summer and we are at 12th of June and this is just the firsts round of servers and you are whining in a extremely way. Just take a pill and relax. If in 2 - 3 weeks havent appearead more servers for the transfers, then complain.

We're Impatient?? Ive been playing on a dead server for 2 months and havent complained once. I was being "Patient" but this is plain stupid. if i have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks then they wont be seeing my 15$ again.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC - old post

in my server i am the only one in the fleet right now. it might be 1 or 2 more in the black hole, but thats about it. i was really exited about this day, cause today i would finally be able to play again......i thought.

What this guy said.

Like this and every other thing BW has improved since December, just goes to show that if Bioware offered unlimited IRL money, free cars, and platinum chains to everyone that people would complain that they nerfed life with all the money cause everyone can have it, the cars weren't washed enough before delivery, and the chains weren't shiny enough to wear. smh :rolleyes:

One thing I didn't see on the FAQ:

How long will the free transfers be available from origin to destination servers?

Forever?

Just until the destination server reaches its population goal?

Until patch X.x?

Some other time that cannot be determined by non-clairvoyant mortals?

Everyone freaking out that your server isn't on the list needs to chill out. They will very quickly be adding servers to the list. They already stated they need to watch for overload issues etc. I know everyone wanted to move today, but this is actually a much better way to do it. If they just bombed transfers to each server, you'd have log in issues, crashing issues etc. Think about people leaving a burning building, if everyone tries to bolt for the door, it gets jammed up and everyone dies. If you just leave calmly, things work out great. It will be a matter of a day or two before most transfers are done. If your still playing this game then surely you can wait that long to once again enjoy having people to play with and a sense of community.

they need to hurry... weve ALL been waiting a very very long time, and were alomst done!

Remember if you will that those status listings are easily adjustable by BioWare because they can raise or lower the arbitrary population cap on any server, any time they wish.

For those that are not aware of this, or understand how it works, let me give a quick example (that does not reflect any specific server): You log in to a server that reads "Full" after a few second wait. There are 150 people on Dromund Kass, 170 on the Imperial Fleet and maybe 2,000 or so people on the entire server, spread across various planets, ships and such.

The next day you log in and see the server load is "Light". You log in and see the exact same number of people on Dromund Kaas and the Imperial fleet. In fact, nearly the same 2,000 or so people that were playing yesterday have logged in today all over the server!

BioWare adjusted the number of players they want on that server upwards. Yesterday that cap might have been set at 2,000, today it's set at 5,000. These server groups (each server is actually groups of computers working in tandem) are very flexible and have far more capacity than many people realize. When BioWare says they've set up this game for the long run, they are very serious.

As a side note, these server groups are running some of the most advanced software you'll find in any online game, without exception. You would be knocked on your *** if you understood the kinds of data BioWare can pull from everything in the game, in real time 3D projections. Very futuristic stuff, there's a few videos about it floating around. Literally mind blowing, Minority Report kind of tech. Don't underestimate what they are capable of, this isn't the outdated WoW setup or something pieced together by NcSoft.

Then tell them to Minority Report my butt on to a server with more than 3 people on it.

People are so impatient.

Yes, you've been waiting for months for transfers. You think you're the only one? You think transfers can just 'BOOM' happen. You all sound like huge babies, "GIMME TRANSFERS NOW!"

Just be patient, I dont see how they screwed up? They ARE adding more servers to the list today and through out the week.

Darn.

Really?!?!!?!?!!

Keller's Void --> Jedi Covenant

Hedarr Soongh --> The Fatman

JC and TF are the most dense servers in NA.

WHY THE HECK transfer people there.

Why not save other servers like Shadow Hand?

well slow is better,if they had rushed in and did like 40 servers and things did not go well,how many of you would be posting complaints, this game is less than a year old,you expect it to be as smooth as a 7 year old game.sit back and let things happen