Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Whether you get it now or in a week its still free, you can't ask for compensation for not getting something for free. Well, you can. But it doesn't make much sense.

It's not about the transfer service being free, stop focusing upon that. It's about 80% of the servers being playable while 20% of the servers are not. Those 20% of the servers and the players on them did nothing to warrant this, and pay the same fees as those who are able to play currently.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with that is while some of us are perfectly fine with waiting a bit for a log-on queue, some people are not. Launch day queues ring any bells?

Which was part of the issue to begin with. They severly overreacted to the crying for more servers without seeming to understand that every single MMO has a big release and then they lose subs right away the first few months as people try out the game and figure out it is not for them. They say they knew this and anticipated it, however, actions are louder than words and they took the actions of a company that thought their game would actually have an explosive population surge out of the gate.

They may know math and numbers but they have no real understanding of people and that is one of the things that will kill this game if it continues.

Edited by HelinCarnate

I agree with this as well. Those of us with 50s on the left out 20% of the population should be receiving some sort of compensation for having to wait, being treated differently, and essentially being unable to play these past few days and this weekend.

It's like having servers down for maintenance while others are alive and flourishing. Those on the servers that are down are unable to play the game, and should be compensated in some way.

/signed

And if not compensation then at least an explanation as to why we were treated differently.

Edited by thatghost

Relevant how? I rerolled back in April instead of waiting around for life to magically fix itself for me.

Relevant because you are saying that we are being impatient while day-by-day your server is being flooded with new people. In fact, they aren't transferring new servers because they are afraid your server is going to get MORE people. Don't tell people to be happy for the fortunate when you aren't being defensive of the unfortunate.

Anywho, we are supposed to stay on topic so I'm done responding to you. I would rather voice my opinion and not be banned because I'm arguing with you.

Edited by Acespades

It's not about the transfer service being free, stop focusing upon that. It's about 80% of the servers being playable while 20% of the servers are not. Those 20% of the servers and the players on them did nothing to warrant this, and pay the same fees as those who are able to play currently.

Yes, you pay the same 15 dollars as everyone that entitles you to play the game on BWs servers. Well, all servers are up and running, so you are getting your 15 dollars worth.

/signed

And if not compensation then at least an explanation as to why we were treated differently.

That's the thing, we're not being treated differently. If it wasn't our servers waiting until Monday, it would be someone else's.

my post got shutdown told me to post here so im reposting here...I dont get it? BW why dont you guys transfer the remaining servers as a temporary transfer so at least we can play over the weeked.Let everyone know its just a temp thing and when you guys figger out your numbers over the weekend you can put us where you want to next week.People would be happy with you for making the effort to make the people that havent got transfered happy. Tell me why this cant happen?

/signed

You just got unlucky. They didn't pick you out with the purpose of treating you unfairly. The fact is, they likely don't have enough servers left over o make more destination servers and they're not sure which of the current destination servers would best benefit from having the added pop. After the weekend, the remaining servers will likely be added to which ever server was slowest over the weekend.

Edited by Galbatorrix

/signed

They are giving an explanation... "To review the data".

We just don't like that explanation, and feel that it doesn't make sense.

Yes, you pay the same 15 dollars as everyone that entitles you to play the game on BWs servers. Well, all servers are up and running, so you are getting your 15 dollars worth.

Oh come on...if that was the case we wouldn't be having server transfers to begin with.

That's the thing, we're not being treated differently. If it wasn't our servers waiting until Monday, it would be someone else's.

That's true, and I would sympathize with them about still being unable to play. I certainly wouldn't be here on the forums posting, but rather I'd be enjoying playing the game, (something us 20% are unable to do).

That is crap and you know it. Being stuck on a dead server inhibits being able to play the game as it is intend Ed to be played.

Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:

• Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Profanity - Is never allowed.
  • Insults - Are not tolerated
  • Rude comments - will be removed, please be respectful toward one another.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

That's right. So if you thought you were paying for a game or some other form of entertainment, you were wrong. EA is not in the business of providing entertainment (this should be obvious by now) they are in the business of leasing Bioware's server space.

If you expect, at any point in the future, that any form of entertainment or other fun and engaging activity, will be provided based on your subscription, I would advise you to quit now. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you mjmcooke for defining what amount of leased server space is worth $15 to each individual player. Clearly BulldogzLife did not feel he was getting $15 of server space, but I'm sure he understands now since you so articulately explained what he was paying for.

Oh come on...if that was the case we wouldn't be having server transfers to begin with.

BW is providing an additional service to try to make their subscribers happier in the hopes of not losing their subscribers and attracting new ones. It doesn't mean that without this service you would not be getting what your 15 dollars entitles you to. Just you probably (understandably) wouldn't be happy with your gaming experience. But, you are getting this service. Just not today. But again, you can't demand compensation for something not owed to you, or for a free additional service you don't feel is being offered fast enough.

Hello all,

Several posts that were disruptive, rude, insulting and contained profanity were removed from the thread, as were their replies. You can express your opinion, whether negative or positive, regarding the server transfer information, but we ask that you do so constructively and civilly. As a reminder:

• Disruptive Behavior - Posts that are meant to cause disruptions or to incite flames are not allowed.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have an issue regarding moderation, please send us an email so we can discuss it with you: communitysupport@swtor.com

If you come across a post you think breaks the rules, please report it so we can investigate it!

When can we expect an update from the community reps? That's the reason we are posting here, is for answers.

1) Will we be compensated for the unplayability of the servers while other servers thrive.

2) Why are you waiting on transferring the two remaining PVP servers in their group

Hyperspace Cannon as of right now (imp side only):

54 people on entire server, 4 people on fleet, 18 level 50's, no pvp pops all day, cant do heroics, cant do fp's.

You cant tell me there isnt room for us on Drooga's or Harbinger.

At least merge the last 8 West Coast PVE servers together for the weekend so we can play.

No matter what BW says, they can't possibly understand the fustration we're experiencing waiting for transfers. I'm sitting here on a horribly unbalanced server where I barely get to do any PVP with my rep characters. And now it sounds as if they don't plan on opening anymore servers until monday. So, three days of opening servers and yesterday was pretty well all PVP servers. It's almost like being kicked in the groin. As of right now, I feel like taking saying good bye and good riddance to BW and take my business elsewhere. I am sick of this imbalance and have hardly enjoyed this game in more than a month. They could at least open some servers today...But no, so, no matter how much BW insists they care and understand, I just don't believe it.

Hello all,

I think most of us care far less about what we're saying to each other than the lack of response from BioWare to our questions.

Jabbing at one other is a playful way to pass the time while we wait for you to deliver.

Please take the time to answer the many valid questions that have been brought up in this forum.

Edited by jedijanec
clarification

Not necessarily. They have so few servers left to transfer (in comparison to what's already been done over the past few days) that finishing today wouldn't have been difficult.

Ah, but I'm forgetting about the weekend metrics. Silly me.

And in my original post I was referring more to the lowest-pop servers being passed over. The medium-pop servers already transferred would have still been medium-pop if they'd been left hanging.

Edited by thatghost

I think most of us care far less about what we're saying to each other than the lack of response from BioWare to our questions.

Jabbing at one other is a playful way to pass the time while we wait for you to deliver.

Please take the time to answer the many valid questions that have been brought up in this forum.

Why? Its the weekend and we aren't important enough.