Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

This is not the case. We understand that having to wait can be a source of frustration, but we definitely did not come into this with no plan. The metrics we had prior to transfers opening helped us prepare for the process, but we knew that the start of character transfer would affect populations. Our plan is to monitor populations and work to ensure that character transfer results in a good experience for players. We're constantly evaluating data and will continue to make decisions based off of it.

The problem is you guys were unwilling to share any information about your plan. You could have told this to the community last week to perform some basic expectation management. Instead, we were told. Nothing but to wait for transfers on Tuesday. I trust you understand what kind of speculation and expectation build up a vacuum of information creates.

Your plan for executing and monitoring the transfers is sound, but your communication about the planned process and intentions regarding timing has been poor.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the case. We understand that having to wait can be a source of frustration, but we definitely did not come into this with no plan. The metrics we had prior to transfers opening helped us prepare for the process, but we knew that the start of character transfer would affect populations. Our plan is to monitor populations and work to ensure that character transfer results in a good experience for players. We're constantly evaluating data and will continue to make decisions based off of it.

Re-analyze your metrics, were here and mad. I think I have a right to be mad about this, I'm paying to play a game I enjoy but cant because your holding the 20% of us back. If you gave us a free week I would not be as mad. But so far I'm sitting on my fleet with 7 other people waiting to be transferred.

I have for 4 50's and sick of leveling alts. I wanna PvP but cant, so I'm reduced to collecting holocrons and farming dailies. Which gets old quickly. We just wanna play the features of the game that are available, but cant to do the small population. You transferred 80% of servers in the first 2 days of transfers. Than you tell the remaining 20% to wait a week because you wanna check the metrics be careful about something you already did! Even if you are not trying to, you are thumbing your nose at us and I'm livid. So please work the weekend and get us to the point where we can play again.

Question Bioware:

Why dont you start transfer to a NEW destination server for EU PVE ? Are you planning on moving us all to Red Eclipse or do you not have enough people there at the office to monitor both transfers at once ?

the simple solution is, the already chosen destination servers are fat enough

take the remaining servers, i.e. 7xPVE West servers, choose 1 as a destination and merge them! simples

same with the other left over groups apart from the 2 pvp east servers, when its obvious where they should be going

it makes no sense to further delay this and aggrevate any more people in the process

we are not anxious and we are not exited! we are frustrated and feel like we being ignored and shuffled into one thread where our voices and complaints can be lost in a thread of sith!

so yes there is a simple solution, it just seems this isnt the one they want to take

Edited by Daethlok

<snip>

Your plan for executing and monitoring the transfers is sound, but your communication about the planned process and intentions regarding timing has been poor.

That's not easy to claim based on what we can see and what we're told.

We all properly like to think that the plan is sound because the alternative is awful, however - it's just an assumption you make. I see not much to indicate the plan was sound based on the actual execution and the information we get.

Edited by xandax

I would just like a real response as to why two US PvP East servers were left out. Not some copy and paste BS about we understand you are excited and we have to monitor metrics. I want a real reason why two were left out when servera with much higher populations were allowed to transfer. Edited by reagan_youth

Belgoth's Beacon here. So 3 to 4 more days it is then. They collect data and fix issue or try to make sure that the best gaming experience is availible for us. They are going to monitor server populations, do you honestly think I am going to play on my dead server until they get us transfered? No I will be on Fatman WZ'n it up with my reroll because you dont have to wait for a pop. I would almost bet that most others are going to be doing the same. Honestly how is that going to tell them anything about the servers that are left and were to put them? Ah you say they are not looking at those but looking at the server stability of the Po5 or Fatman, but will the data not be incorrect considering that a few hundred if not more of those character data numbers are just folks waiting yet again for something that should have taking place 2 months ago to happen. This is pathetic, BW has dropped the ball yet again.

I would also like answers to some of my questions:

1) Will any of us be compensated for the multiple weeks of tumbleweed server MMOs? If you are not ready to comment on this, is it being discussed? Is Bioware upper management planning on stepping in?

2) (Not either of my servers, but I'd still like to know) Why 2 PVP servers weren't transferred even though they are both extremely low population according to users and TOR server stats. These won't push them over the edge.

3) Why major game saving updates are being treated with neglect and employees aren't working overtime to ensure a great community experience even though they say that is their goal.

I feel like the only responses we are getting are vague and usually directed at people who are supportive or less hostile. The twitter activity is scripted and the forums activity must be deciphered.

BW devs. There are 12, or 13 more pve east servers left. There's no way all of them are going to fit on the other destinations. Sith Wyrm is the logical choice as a new destination server to balance out with Jedi Covenant.

I'm pretty sure Krayt Dragon is the next most populated after Shadowlands, not Sith Wyrm.

I and I'm sure many others understand the reasoning in most cases for the delay in transfers over the weeked. It's disappointing to be a member of the ~20% of the servers who are still largely unable to play the game. I know that in a few days, we too will be addressed. That said, because we are being treated very differently than a large majority of the rest of the population, can we expect to be compensated in some way?

Which strangely enough also is the logical solution.

Yes, it is VERY logical to just willy nilly keep dumping the rest of the un-transferred servers into destinations without allowing some time to see whos going to keep transferring into them from the already opened servers and seeing what the weekend populations will be like, so that by next week all the destination servers have hour long queues to get in and people are yelling for more transfers to lower pop servers again and we can start the cycle all over. Very logical indeed.

A free month would go a long way to saying we are sorry for the population issues and the way server transfers have been handled. Would make me endure the waiting a little easier knowing I wasnt paying for it at least.

I understand your reasoning about evaluating population to avoid queues, but there is also something I can't understand.

On all servers of certain types, there is certain amount of active players(let's assume that you consider as such only thise with active subscription and character above lvl10). You have to evaluate population od destination server of this type so it won't end up overpopulated, so this means there are more such players than server can acomodate.

In cases of server types where there is more than one destination server, this makes sense to see which one will fill up and redirect others to destination server that still has space. But with only one destination server of given type, what options do you have after you evaluate popoulation?

Since you still haven't opened another destination server, it would mean all those people could fit one already existing. Since you didn't allow everyone from same server type to transfer here yet, it's possible it'll fill up. So in best case scenario, you get one server holding everyone interested in given server type, and no place for newcommers. In worst case scenario, you have to open new destination server to hold those remains. And since it's possible that they could land on already existing destination server, they probably make up about 10% of server capacity, and this new server is still ghost town compared to others.

Could you explain how your evaluating prevents creation of destination servers that would stay light forever?

It is not

Unless both of you are taking planetary and fleet pops on your servers on a regular basis at all times of day and comparing numbers, you really have no idea, as torstatus is no where near accurate enough to make such statements from.

Krayt Dragon was already sent to the Shadowlands (lol)

The next populated is Mind Trick.

Oh, gotcha. Well, that's actually kind of irritating that a more populated server would get transfered before obviously less populated ones.

Never really felt the urge to post before but I think I really should but my thoughts into the mix.

I have been a huge supporter of this game since the very first tiny details appears, I was a day one purchaser and have a consistent subscription since launch/early access.

While I can appreciate that you need to monitor and control the levels flooding into the the destination servers I feel that us folks over in Europe have really drawn the short straw here, as an English speaking PVE player we have had only on destination server (USA East & West have had several). I have waited patiently all week for the magical transfer to a busy server and its yet to appear, Tuesday and Wednesday saw a decent balance of EU and US server transfers being opened up on both PVP and PVE, it wasn't until very late last night that we got a sniff of some EU transfers....and unsurprisingly my Origin server (assigned to me as part of the Pre-Launch Guild Registration) didn't show up on the list.

Now you are delaying this over the weekend? why not simple open up another destination server for the remaining English PVE community to merge onto if you are worried that Red Eclipse is going to implode with players.

I also have toons on Lord Calypho and there are no options for that server to merge with anyone as its the only English speaking RP-PVP server in Europe.

I have had no problem in waiting for the transfers to trickle out this week, it just seems that you have taken care of the majority of the USA and left Europe pretty much unresolved and that's what really sticks in my craw most of all.

Is there a list of server populations and where they rank ? I would like to see the list so i can see where my server ranks.

Not one from any official source but most people when they refer to server population are referring to Torstatus. You can check out their site and see how you guys are unofficially.