Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I understand. I didn't realize how unreliable torstatus.net is until someone pointed it out to me. I don't care which one Tarro Blood gets transfered to though, even if it's Sith Wyrm! :) I'm just ready to get this done.

I and probably the others on the 13 (or 14?) remaining servers would like to just get it finished. Since they made Shadowlands a destination I think it's likely they will provide at least another wave to it, so another 3-4 servers. After that I would expect them to open up a final server that would receive the remaining 9 or so servers. Krayt Dragon and Mind Trick along with Sith Wyrm I think would be considered more of a medium pop server so together they would make a great community along with another 5-6 low to medium pop ones.

I was really hoping I might finally get to run some ops on my alts today and this weekend but looks like TOR is shelved until possibly Monday. It's definitely disappointing and a big letdown.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW deleting my post?! cant handle people raging now!? well you got that with what your doing delaying certain servers that have no right to be delayed! especially since there are 2 pvp servers to transfer and you cant seem to manage that! and now to actually pvp against another faction i have to play on my jugg on a completely dif server? not like youll read this post anyways too busy failing! to realize your just losing more & more people by dragging this out. move these other PVe servers to one destination server and move these 2 servers that have to still to be moved that you seem to have left stranded.

I dont know what happened since launch ( oh wait you fired everyone) but this is some serious bad service to thousands of thousands of thousands of people on their still dead servers. Dont become another World of Warcraft with their crappy ways... learn from other games mistakes!

Bad Form

It does happen. While some may not want to believe it but plans can and do change from day to day.

Have you never had to reschedule an outdoor activity like a picnic or BBQ because it started to rain?

Tuesday through Thursday got sunshine. They enjoyed their picnic.

Friday got a tornado

Tuesday through Thursday got sunshine. They enjoyed their picnic.

Friday got a tornado

And the park obviously doesn't know what they are doing since they allowed the Tornado to happen! They owe me a new basket and tablecloth!

:D

Edited by Jaavik

Well.. I play on German servers.. so I apologize my English before getting started...

1st: You tell us, there will be ranked PVP with 1.2.... 30 minutes before closing the patch you've told us, that it wouldn't come

2nd: You know for 3 months, the serverpopulation... After doing a lot of mathematic-Classes while beeing in school and university, I've learned, that 2 days cannot be enough to get a statistical overview which is significant.. You show everybody a big lollipopp by transefering servers to the biggest existing servers.. and then ooooooops , sorry, the rest have to wait..

3rd: We Germans have to look on the English pages and on English twitter, to get information... Are you seriouse? What do you have German forum or German Community Manager..

4th: I play MMO's for a LONG LONG time.. but NEVER EVER I have seen such a bad patchingservice than SWTOR.. Not ONE so far was bugfree.. Don't get me wrong.. Every Game has bug, but please.. TEST the stuff, before you patch it.. I PAY for the game.. If you want me to test stuff for you.. PAY ME..

Don't get me wrong! I LOVE THE GAME!, I love the design, the quests, the graphic, the operations, the flashpoints, the warzones.. But there is a limit to the things, I will accept.. Please hurry up with servertransfers.. i REALLY DONT WANT to play with little cute panda-bears or playing wars with other guilds.....

And the park obviously doesn't know what they are doing since they allowed the Tornado to happen! They owe me a new basket and tablecloth!

True, parks don't have control over storms, but Bioware has control over the framework for transfers. They also have the power to work over the weekend on something that was a mistake of their creation in the first place.

Your analogy is nearly valid.

Amber/Joveth.

1. Is there any discussions about reimbursing accounts with a week's play time. It would not placate everybody , but it will be a show of good faith, and I believe that's something I believe that needs to be done now.

2. Please keep the ongoing discussion alive, you will not be able to please everybody, but it does help.

Edited by Ultramanas

Sub canceled. No Tarro Blood transfers offered, no time line for them to be given. I am NOT going to keep paying you month to month to play a game that is dead. And no, I'm not going to beta test for you either. You've done nothing to keep me as a customer at all except close my thread and be dismissive of me as a customer. Seriously. 6/19 my sub ends and it's canceled, see for yourselves, Bioware. You claim you had a plan going in.. why didn't that plan include starting with the OLDEST servers first? Those of us who've been with you since before day one that you're neglecting now. Sorry, no excuses. No transfer = Canceled sub.

Greetings from Germany! We´re indeed with you. We´re experiencing the exact same **** as you do. We didnt get any new information for about 20 hours now. (And not even a yellow reply today)

All I have to say is, that its pretty unfair to transfer most of the servers and to ignore the left-over servers. We cant even play in the way they do now because there are mostly only 20 ppl on the fleet atm. We have ******* paid for our gametime too! And the way you´re communicating with the european (mostly FR&DE) community is waaay below awful.

The near future looks really grim if you guys dont get that **** sorted out.

<snip>

2nd: You know for 3 months, the serverpopulation... After doing a lot of mathematic-Classes while beeing in school and university, I've learned, that 2 days cannot be enough to get a statistical overview which is significant.. You show everybody a big lollipopp by transefering servers to the biggest existing servers.. and then ooooooops , sorry, the rest have to wait..

<snip>

Indeed. There's pretty much nothing valid that can be learned from 'monitoring' the weekend over what has happened the last 3 months.

Hey all,

We're starting to get a bit off-topic. If you could keep the discussion on-topic, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Very well, we will return to speaking about the topic at hand.

I like the town hall style that we have, where we give our opinion and it is responded to by the staff at Bioware.

Great job guys! :)

Outdoor activities? What are those?

Outdoors?! You mean that place with the big burny thing in the sky? Picnic? BBQ? And have to fight off killiks...I mean, ants? Ghastly.

;)

On topic. I don't see how the situation is comparable to having to cancel an outdoor activity due to rain except in the fact that one simply finds something else to do when it rains. The precipitation in this case would be BW's contradicting statements they've already made (the intimation yesterday that there would be at least a few transfers today) and the general lack of clarity in many of their responses to the playerbase still stranded on ghost servers.

So- it's raining. Let's all go find something else to do. And if some of us don't come back, well, it doesn't seem to matter, does it?

(I'm not leaving but I can't speak for all the other Shunned who're disgusted and have run out of patience)

Edited by thatghost
making it OT

What are they even deciding on?

Can't put these two together to make a server the same size as PotF or Fatman.

Will putting one server on each of the two PVP-East cap them both? If so then you have more problems then a simple transfer.

You want the two servers to be equal Bioware, but at the expense of Belgoth and Malak having to sit around and play with our thumbs waiting for a queue? These two servers are dead and Fatman/PotF get to have their fun with all of the new transfers.

Unacceptable Bioware

100% my complaint. There is nothing to do EXCEPT move the servers into Fatman/PotF. Anything other than that will = 100% unsub rate for the 5 people left on each server

They don't want to overpopulate servers by adding more people this week. So somehow next weekend there will be fewer players? Considering that next weekend you will have people that transer over that were waiting for things to settle down, and more servers are moved and more people come back because of the transfers, I do not see that being the case.

So to prevent that, they would need to take the remaining servers and merge them together. So why not do that now?

They don't want to overpopulate servers by adding more people this week. So somehow next weekend there will be fewer players? Considering that next weekend you will have people that transer over that were waiting for things to settle down, and more servers are moved and more people come back because of the transfers, I do not see that being the case.

So to prevent that, they would need to take the remaining servers and merge them together. So why not do that now?

this is what were saying, it just makes no sense to leave us hanging

Or just monitor Friday night and do more transfers over the weekend at the very least!

Edited by jedijanec
clarification

Thank you! Logic Win