The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New SWTOR game out soon...

Captainejo

Been on 1.3 PTS a lot lately. It feels like a new game to anyone from a slow server. New people to meet, faster access to group content. The world isn't perfect, and yeah there are still flaws, but man it feels like a fresh game, and the population problems should start improving 6/12. I'm excited to see new guilds and tons of players on the fleet, and just more star Wars nerdage to be had! Should be an exciting month!

I think it will be sort of funny, when transfers come. And everyone leaves Fatman and JC, and they become ghost towns needing transfers also.

This would be my luck at this point. As an insurance policy I'll be moving my old characters where ever to be safe.

I have actually been enjoying myself again levelling a toon on TOFN with full access to WZ etc. I will tranfer my toons from my dead server (no way Hexdroid will be destination :p) to the destination server but tbh I will prob continue to play the toon on TOFN. My 7 chars on Hex are all 50 and only my original toon is WH, the rest are just in Recruit PVP and Dailys armour.

What I am enjoying the most from being on TOFN is actually having an active GTN to play with and easy access to WZ.

On the destination server that my old toons go to I don't think there will be a good economy.

i admit i find the group finder feature a significant improvement by far, that way i dont have to stand around for hours at a time waiting to find a suitable group, and i can also keep playing the storyline out as well. cant get much better then that. i do hope the finder is expanded to every HM and FP's in existance as well as having the window see who you got in the group and will need instead of waiting until everyone is in then showing who you got. its probably the biggest feature over the adaptive armour, if it works the way i think it does without trying it out, never had the chance since the launcher is causing chaos on avast!.

my only concern is the group finder feature will reduce the good natured community a small amount because of how convienant it is, but thats the only thing i am worried about really.

Edited by Celise

I think it will be sort of funny, when transfers come. And everyone leaves Fatman and JC, and they become ghost towns needing transfers also.

Why would people abandon the "safe" servers to move to some newfangled frontier server with who knows what kind of people moving in?

The new servers will still be risky compared to just rolling on JC or Fatman. If people ever start fleeing the main East and West Coast server, jeez - where's the fork?

Edited by jgelling

If only Swtor would have launched like it is on PTS. This is what the game should have launched like. It's a shame though, because a lot of people won't give it a 2nd chance now.

Provided they keep up the advertising and keep the game in good shape, there's no reason why new players wouldn't join. Sure the original players will have passed judgement but there is still a potential playerbase of MMO virgins and Star Wars fans that could keep things going.

Anybody who leaves a safe bet in the form of Fatman/JC to go to one of the transfer servers that will be potentially become just as underpopulated as their old one, they really need to re-evaluate their ability to make smart decisions.

Some people will leave Fatman/JC but the majority most definitely will not. It's just not smart.

Edited by Stncold

Hi guys, remember that BW have said that they won't allow free transfers - just one to certain servers. So I don't think that we'll find full servers become ghost towns. More that they'll be targeting light pop servers with an aim to closing some of them down (if they get some nice full servers - they'll just have to see how it goes along).

Why would people abandon the "safe" servers to move to some newfangled frontier server with who knows what kind of people moving in?

The new servers will still be risky compared to just rolling on JC or Fatman. If people ever start fleeing the main East and West Coast server, jeez - where's the fork?

Have you ver played on The Fatman? It might be the most populated server but it has to be the worst server to PvP on. Everyone fails at PvP plus the amount of trolls you have in general chat and during warzones ops is rediculous.

The Fatman was not my original server and I have played to lvl 50 on a few others servers so I see the difference. Once transfers hit I am off The Fatman.

Hi guys, remember that BW have said that they won't allow free transfers - just one to certain servers. So I don't think that we'll find full servers become ghost towns. More that they'll be targeting light pop servers with an aim to closing some of them down (if they get some nice full servers - they'll just have to see how it goes along).

People are not suggesting that players will transfer from the busy servers mate (even if it was allowed) . What they ARE saying is that a significant portion of the active players on those 'busy' servers are people playing alts there because they are sad and lonely on the dead servers where their mains/legacy are.

Once people have their main toons consolidated on the new busy servers it is highly likely that a lot of them will start playing their mains again and abandon their toons on the pre transfer busy servers.

I think the game will be great sometime around 1.4-1.5. the transfers and possible megaservers will help a whole lot. Also the tanky melee builds will get some nerfs by then or the other classes some buffs. This will make wz's less fotm feeling like they can be sometimes (its just annoying seeing only melee lol).

Also I think as more fotm'ers migrate to sniper that class will get some buffs and some nerfs along with some changes to other ranged classes to decrease the boringness I also find in the wz's that are all melee and snipers lol.

There will of course be a couplpe OP classes, weak classes, and annoying classes but I think with more people to play with and some of the changes I think will happen there won't be those nights where you fight the same tankasin,marauder, and healers premades all night (or fight on their side which is just as boring).

This won't happen.

The reason people fled to Fatman in the first place is because they liked the name, before all of this server stuff it was always a full server. (had insane q times, I remember) also why are players just going to drop all of what they have done on Fatman now?

I doubt there will be a large migration from Fatman or any of the other popular servers.

If only Swtor would have launched like it is on PTS. This is what the game should have launched like. It's a shame though, because a lot of people won't give it a 2nd chance now.

Well it didn't launch like it. Get over it already :) Just keep looking to the future and where the game is headed.

Up, up and up