Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TopGeeza:

Based on what Jeff wrote in his short "tweet" you can be pretty sure that he is so far removed from reality that this is the best he can do. The alternative would be that he simply didn't care or take it serious, so I am giving him the benefit of doubt.

Any Live team leader worth his lick would surely have said something like the following:

- Telling us that they are aware of the problem

- Telling us what the problem is, with numbers

- Telling us that it is their #1 priority right now

- Telling us that they have some suggested plans already, and are working on others

- Telling us what those plans are

- Promising to keep us updated every day with the progress on what those plans are

- And following through on this promise

We are not interested in knowing how "Sorry you are for any inconvenience caused", unless it caused you physical pain every time a customer had to queue we couldn't care less. We are interested in SOLUTIONS and FACTS, not UNDERSTANDING and APOLOGIES.

Monitoring the queues is what we the customers are already doing - for hours every day - cause we are stuck in them.

Telling us to create characters on lower population servers, where no other guild members or friends are located, for an MMO isn't a solution, its an insult.

Edited by AlexanderB

Here is my opinion, one yes Bio-ware has the server population set really low right now. I think they have done this and will fix this sometime after the 20th. I believe they have done this because when the 20th comes around the flow of traffic from non-preorder customers is going to be massive. So if they raised the cap now just to please us before the 20th, come the 20th we will all run into the same problem with the new overload of customers. They plan to open like twice as many servers on the 20th, so hopefully the population will spread out over the new servers. Then they will raise the pop cap in return lowering que times if not eliminating them.

That is what was thinking they did :S because how the heck did a server with so few players running around have a server reach "Full". I played WoW nearly since start and I have seen alot of players running around before a queue popped up.

But I don't like that Bioware not giving an proper answer regarding these queues :S

Last night started at position 1200 for legions of lettow. It took 3 hours to get on.

Tonight I log on and I am position 1500. What is happening here? Am I expected to wait 4 hours to play this game?

Now I am an experienced MMO player for many years so I know to expect queues, but this is beginning to border on the ridiculous. It is annoying as I am sure new player accounts will be creating new characters on my server today while I have been at work, while it can't sustain players who joined day 1 of early access like myself.

I wonder why the server hasn't been locked out to new accounts.

Assuming everyone who entered a pre-order code is able to play in Early Access - I wonder if the login queue's will decrease once the 20th hits? [those who cancelled pre-order won't be able to log in].

Even though a lot of did buy the game and have already entered our codes which allows us to play past the 20th - you have to treat Early Access as "open beta server stress test". Early Access did work the first couple of days - however it failed miserably after that as people were creating characters an already high population servers.

For now if you want to actually play - Create a character which you weren't planning to play on a low population server. Once the 20th hits and the queue's are still unacceptable, then hopefully we will be offered 1 time limited use server transfers [characters on high pop servers being allowed to transfer to specific low pop servers].

I honestly think nothing is going to happen until after the 20th...

I'd also just like to point out that he is wrong about the team working over the weekend.

Where, oh where did I say they don't "work on the weekend"? Come on, out with it, where did I say that? I said:

Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend

And THAT is the truth.

Oh, they'll support you over the weekend, they'll look into your issues, they may even throw out a patch or two to fix a few things, but ANYTHING major has to go through corporate, and this IS major.

P

If you did your que wait (I did 5 hours no problem) But after 45 min playtime the game crash because if full of bugs and you got no grace period...and 5 more que hours?

You don't get a grace period, because you shouldn't have one.

If you're waiting 5 hours, CHOOSE ANOTHER SERVER. Seriously, is it that hard to comprehend? You're not going to get anywhere whining and complaining, and you DON'T have tl always play with your friends. Yes, it's nice, but choosing a different server, with lower population isn't going to hurt you either.

Queues suck, but NOT every server has them. Choose one that doesn't and you'll be fine.

Ok bioware enough already.

Your players need an update on the situation

don't keep us hanging your just annoying everyone now.

I think the number of posts in the last 24 hours justifies a response

and

I don't mean the pathetic two fingered response that we have all seen and read

Please bioware give us something, just talk to us. Most of all be honest with us

repost this pls

I love the queue, no lie. I get up sign in start queue, go workout, take a shower, eat lunch and take care of things around the house. Then I come back and boom I am signed in ready to go. In short I like them because they keep me motivated to do real things and not waste all my time on this ****.

Your queue sucks tbh. I love mine aswell. I get up, put my self in the queue, goes back to sleep, sleeps for 2 hours more, gets up, workout for 1 hour, make my self breakfast, watches a movie, watches another movie, makes myself luch, takes my dog out for a walk, finishes my 2nd movie, reads news papers, watches some TV, does some work I need to catch up on, goes to the store to buy some groceries and when I get back from the store BOOM I'm in ready to play! Its great. Dont really see why people are qq'ing so much about it.

Well after 3 hours of quing I have just cancelled the subscription I set up yesterday. Game time for me is ltd. Spending all of it staring at a q does not strike me as a fun evening. Such a shame.

Cant blame you. Have fun with other games :-) Maybe the next big MMO will have a more innovative solution.

Your queue sucks tbh. I love mine aswell. I get up, put my self in the queue, goes back to sleep, sleeps for 2 hours more, gets up, workout for 1 hour, make my self breakfast, watches a movie, watches another movie, makes myself luch, takes my dog out for a walk, finishes my 2nd movie, reads news papers, watches some TV, does some work I need to catch up on, goes to the store to buy some groceries and when I get back from the store BOOM I'm in ready to play! Its great. Dont really see why people are qq'ing so much about it.

Mine is better.

I wake up, login to the queue, then I celebrate the birthday of 3 of my closest family members, have the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Xmas, and then, BOOM! I'm ready to play.

Edited by AlexanderB

Where, oh where did I say they don't "work on the weekend"? Come on, out with it, where did I say that? I said:

And THAT is the truth.

Oh, they'll support you over the weekend, they'll look into your issues, they may even throw out a patch or two to fix a few things, but ANYTHING major has to go through corporate, and this IS major.

You don't get a grace period, because you shouldn't have one.

If you're waiting 5 hours, CHOOSE ANOTHER SERVER. Seriously, is it that hard to comprehend? You're not going to get anywhere whining and complaining, and you DON'T have tl always play with your friends. Yes, it's nice, but choosing a different server, with lower population isn't going to hurt you either.

Queues suck, but NOT every server has them. Choose one that doesn't and you'll be fine.

Ignorance is bliss my friend.

So after being in queue for over an hour, to then have the game become unresponsive and having to force close it i'm now stuck with ANOTHER hour+ in a queue to play on the server my guild and i want to play on.

Not to mention that my virign media superhub will probably cut out with another known issue that they don't seem to want to fix either which will result in another reset of my queue positon.

No offence but servers are one thing you have direct control over and are able to monitor and adjust on the fly.

5 days of it and still its messed up, good going!

GRACE PERIOD FOR QUEUE, easy fix!

Just Curious...with the Guild Access Program, was every guild assigned to the first set of servers that were live on 13th December? Because on Day 1 the server I was assigned to was FULL with Wait Times...and now 5 days later it's FULL and I'm waiting to log-in and have been for 20 minutes and am only halfway through the counter!

Because IF Bioware did assign every member of every guild to the first set of servers...and then didn't open any servers other than those for the first day or so...that's a definate W.T.F. situation...because you'd have all those Day 1 Early Entries and from then on every guild jumping onto that little set or servers...in fact I could probably name them all...they're the one's that are FULL with massive queses on my server list -_-

Why can't you promise there won't be queues?... do you seriously expect people between 30-40minutes before they can even log-in and play?... let me tell you, they won't. I kinda expected there to be queues at the moment seeing as it's early access and all but from the statement I read it looks like this will be a regular thing. I'm all for creating more servers but what about the current ones we have, any plans to work on those? A server size cap I think is a good idea that way you should be able to lessen queues all together.

19:05 GMT - Lord Calypho I am currently 352nd in the queue...

I appear to be one fo the lucky ones... the bottom EU servers are upto 1h 40m! lol that must mean a 5 hour wait to get back to their leveled character.

Big hugs to all the queuer's / queueees

Edited by PacketBurner
Rage Typos

Bioware: worst start on an mmorpg ever....i tought Blizzard was greedy, but this few servers with that many pre-orders are just silly, and the pre-order fee is even more stupid...on the first 3-4days of playing, the queue times has been just as long as my online time.....hope GW2, Tera or another new mmo will arrive soon :/

Yeah and then tomorrow.. assuming you work.. you go to work, get home about 6, load up your pc and TOR take your spot in the queue, shower, make dinner, spend some obligatory time with the old wifey/gf/kids/family go back to your pc, still in queue, watch a movie, still in queue, watch a bit of tv, get in the game but have less than an hour to play as you need to get some sleep for work the next day. I imagine this is going to be what many people will experience tomorrow when they get home from work.. or they won't even get to play ingame at all because by the time they get in, it will almost be time for server maintenance.

Ok..well.. here is my story..

pre-ordered the Colectors Edition on the very first day the pre-orders started.

Im all set up in a guild for deployment and TOLD that we have to select a specific server.

Set up my char and was one of the first to play.

After 2 days these ques started and now i haven't been able to log again.

£130 for the game, £8.99 for the subscription.

So..now the servers are full and every day we have to wait hours to log on?

If this is still not resolved by official release then un-subbing and sending my game back for full refund simple.

K