Regarding server queues

StephenReid

While I'm having the nice queue time as most of you I noticed... isnt it funny??

I mean, after more than 1000 posts in the last hours/days, there isnt yet feedback from devs, nor does it look like its beeing solved; this gives us n idea of how issues are going to be managed by Bioware/EA, and of how much they do value custommers opinions, funny heh.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

i spent 4 hours in queue on dec 15 (my first day of early access), then my connection crashed for 10 seconds and i got back in queue for another 3 hours (not manageble and not reasonable).

on dec 16 i spent another 4 hours in queue, then i had a client error (1002), and i had to start the queue again from the beginning, it happend 2 times on this day), i've been in queue from 5:20pm to 1:10am (8 hours).

yesterday i've been in queue for more than 3 hours.

and today i just came back from work and i got more than 1700 people before me.

i sent a ticket about the 1002 error on dec 16, and they answered me:

"We are currently aware that there are long queue times on some of our available servers. If you are trying to enter a server and you are encountering a very long queue, we strongly encourage that you consider selecting a different server. Many of our available servers do not have long queue times and selecting one of these will get you into the game quicker."

-.- stop encourage me to change server and start work to:

improove your customere service (cuz it seems to me that they dont understand tickets issues)

MAKE SERVERS MANAGEBLE AND REASONABLE. Please, do it instead of saying it, cause nothing is changed since dec 13, things are getting even worse every day instead.

Or solve the queue problems, and NOW or cancel MY suscription, will no pay a cent for spend my gaming time, in queue and playing other games. For that NO PAY 60 EURO (@##~€¬ insane) and 13euro/month for queue-

We no have to move to other servers we are clients, IS YOUR ~¬@# JOB, your JOB IS THE SERVERS WORK FINE, I PAY 13euro/MONTH for a PERFECT service, no for 5-12h of queue.

And yes, will spend ALL my queue time in show how much angry i am, in ALL post possible, and if you want ban me, please, remove the start payment, solve the problems and after all i will pay delighted every month for like so much the game, but that service is insane...

Best post i've seen so far, this is their first mmo don't expect everything to be perfect.

It's a great game best mmo i've played tbh, GJ Bioware! sure the queues are annoying and the offical launch haven't started, i think Bioware's devs are doing their best so give them some time to fix this one issue with the game. Whining and threatening to go back to wow etc. won't lead you anywhere, just be patient and let the swtor devs do their thing

neither will yourself anything to say " blind & casual player statments " for your rep with the community.

btw, its bad.

I hope/think the queuetimes on these servers will be gone soonest the 20th.

Couse if its not BW will have both the early access crowd AND the newcomers raise some hell in their forums.

Anyway i will stay, Queue happens, just hoping BW will sort it out soon.

Thanks for a great game.

Just adding to the topic here, that if this wont get sorted out very soon after launch (a week after the 20th tops).

Then i will not subscribe to this game after the 30 days that are included.

And starting last in the que when your client chrashes?? Stupid!!

Get Mike Acton to sort this out if he isnt in the loop already... cant be that freaking hard

i sent a ticket about the 1002 error on dec 16, and they answered me:

"We are currently aware that there are long queue times on some of our available servers. If you are trying to enter a server and you are encountering a very long queue, we strongly encourage that you consider selecting a different server. Many of our available servers do not have long queue times and selecting one of these will get you into the game quicker."

What an attrocious response they gave you!

What if you were part of a guild and had been sassigned to that server, or your friends were there or any other number of reasons you could be based on that server.

If they want us to go on a different servers, only make the queues for people who ARENT assigned to the server!!!!

queues are prevalent on every mmogorp game ive ever played.. WOW when it started had the same problem.. rift.. all the big games.. its a matter of adjustment vs. game traffic.. they will straighten it out. in the meantime is a PIA but keep the faith.. lots of adjustments going on right now.. when the game opens for general usage it will probably get worse till they can adjust and i dont doubt thats what they are gonna do is figure it all out after the initial surge factors .

I'm not accepting this 'option' to change servers. Our guild was set up in advance days and days ago, Bioware/EA imported it into the server that THEY selected on our behalf.

To then tell us 'lol, just switch'....what was the point in the whole pre-release guild setup then?

Some of the replies in here makes me think the problem is not as huge as I first perceived them to be. But even if there is some more space available on the servers at launch I really do think Bioware needs to turn off character creation on some realms, unless people belong in an assigned guild.

That part being said I think I will wait till launch before i pass judgement. But still a grace period is very much wanted. I do get dc at times and many with me. If u try to get back asap this should be possible.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

i think you know how a server work. the queue problem is ONLY because in the Server HD some srver have a little quote. so open a bit more the quote, because i understand you and your work, but u have to understand me. i dont have 6 hour waiting to play, when i come at home ;)

I really do think Bioware needs to turn off character creation on some realms, unless people belong in an assigned guild.

Quoted for being a great idea!

Only make the queue for the people who are NOT assigned to the server rtaher than the ones YOU (Bioware) forced to be on the server.

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, i quite honestly didn't feel like reading 17 pages of people saying what appears to be the same thing... so can anyone tell me if they have addressed the time estimate for ques?

I've never seen my server que time exceed 2h 10m... but I have waited in a 2000+ que for over 5h. It seems like 2h is the best case scenario, in other words 2000+ players all crashing at once. I would like to see more realistic estimated wait times, so I know what I'm in for. Or even just to have someone explain their math to me.

I can't lie and threaten to leave the game i've been looking forward to it for too long, but this issue can't be helping them marketing wise. I'm hopeful for this reason they will take care of us all soon.

in the time it has taken me to write this my postion in que has droped 26 only 312 to go.

kiss my :sy_darkside:!

Edited by jaclynw

I'm just amazed that you can't even calculated the avarage wait time at least. Says <30 min on my server and just passed one hour in queue now. No wonder the whole player/server is a complete fail here.

Oh and btw, no point telling us that you are aware of the long wait times. All we want to hear is how it will be fixed and when.

English EU PvP Server Queues | 12.15.2011 , 03:46 PM

We are aware of long queue times on some select EU English PvP servers. If you are attempting to enter an EU English PvP server and are encountering a 2+ hour queue, we strongly encourage you to select a different EU English PvP server. Many of these servers do not have long queue times, and you’ll be able to get in-game much faster. We expect populations across all of these servers to remain very healthy, so please do not hesitate to select a server that has a shorter queue time to begin enjoying the game faster!

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator

Very poor response Allison i purchased this game to level and play with my guild not to choose another server to run solo. Please could we get an update from someone who actualy knows whats happening with active guild and server selection. I would'nt mind but you guys put our guild on this server with 2.5hr que times.

Sunday evening - the queue on my server is >1500 = >1h30m. And it isn't even launch date - so it will hit 2-3h waiting on the 20th of December. Absolutely unacceptable.

All the excuses from the devs are lame - just buy bigger servers and use multi-server model (if not yet implemented) as it will allow to split players playing in different zones to different phisical servers, while still keeping them on the same virtual server.

Most of us played WoW. Even during the expansion launches the queues were very rare. Devs - if you just wait the populations will certainly go down, but not because players self-reorganised themselves, but because players have abandoned your game. Buying best available servers is much cheaper...

I just hope this issue gets fixed soon.

I was placed on a Server with my guild where u usally start at queue 800 and wait for more than 1 hour.

Sadly i have occasional disconnects due to my stupid internet provider.

After the disconnect im out of the game and have to wait for another 1.5h to play.

So at the moment the game is almost UNPLAYABLE and surely unenjoyable for me :(

P.S.:(keep your smart-*** ideas like "change your internet provider" or "get it fixed" for yourself please)

Quoted for being a great idea!

Only make the queue for the people who are NOT assigned to the server rtaher than the ones YOU (Bioware) forced to be on the server.

Nearly a great idea (the one you quoted), but do not restrict it to those only in assigned guilds please, that is divisive and somewhat unfair.

Make it so that all bar those who have registered a character on that server during early access queue from the 20th, also make that a public announcement on the launcher so that new players will see it very clearly on launch day.