Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly I don't have any patience for a queue wait of anything over 10 minutes or so. I am having my first wait today. If that doesnt change quick I will not BE ABLE to play because I can only play in 2-3 hours stints. Not all day.

They have about a week to get this cleared up.

i w8 in que 2hrs this afternoon to get on then get little play time after being kicked after pvp buged out what the hell now once again in que pos 1700 on ( Tombb of freedome nadd ) ruffly 5hr w8 time this is a gr8 game if u ever get to play it :mad::mad: its a real JOKE increase the server capacity give ppl free tranfures... SORT IT OUT!!!!

Got in queue at about 6pm CET on Tomb of Freedon, 2 hrs and 40 min later I still have 1200 people in front of me...

LOL

Will be over 5 hrs to get online. Queues are increasing everywhere. At least raise the server cap to some extent, this is just stupid.

Or move guilds from the server, there are many guilds willing to move to a new server to alleviate overcrowding.

To: TomWhiting

Budy, we wont get each other probably, just I desagree with you in 90% of your posts!

It senceless to fight your castle ... but look at it more simply ... If I dont get what I expect, I find something else that suits me ... no mater what it is. I am able to understand some dificulties, but I am enagrained to any failure ... as simple as that ...

Got 50 in que aheat after 4 hours ... bye and see ya again after DC ;-)

Bioware and EA you guys really need to take this seriously.

I loved the game (the few hours I have managed to play), but you guys are hastily scaring away a huge portion of your potential future customer base. No way in hell am I gonna stick around or recomend this game to any of my friends. This is a farce and it should have been expected on your part. You know the sales figures and the server capacity - do the math!

I was looking forward to this game - but 5 hour qeues is a joke that I am not laughing at. I am gonna invest my time and money somewhere else.

By the way - I cant wait to read your reviews. I wonder how the critics respond to not being able to join the game?

What a shame - another doomed MMO...

@ Kamilek - that happened to me, game simply vanished and left me back on desktop, no errors, nothing. Re-joined 1300 in Q, which is like a 3 hour wait. Needless to say I'm done for the day now .... Edited by Malanoth

@ kamilek - that happened to me, game simply vanished and left me back on desktop, no errors, nothing. Re-joined 1300 in q, which is like a 3 hour wait. Needless to say i'm done for the day now ....

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

I think keep posting in here this is attrocious!

There are a great many things that have gone completely wrong in this launch, and every one of them is a legitimate complaint, But I will focus on the ONE main concern I think the majority of people here have.

Time commitment

Simply put,

Like SOOOOO many other people reading these forums I have work and personal commitments, meaning I cannot log my computer in and wait up to 6 hours before actually playing.

Bioware stop answering the question you want to answer which is

Is this temporary? - Which you happily said yes to

And answer the question we are asking

Will the problem be fixed to acceptable levels and when?

The last question can only be answered when Bioware stand up, get off their proverbial allmighty steed, take accountability and just admit they got it so terribly wrong.

Cut the queues not your profits

EXACTLY!!! take responsibility. it goes A LONG WAY with customers!

They wont do anything until after the official launch when the population caps on the servers are raised then we will see how the servers even out if their is still a problem they will fix it! Stop blaming BW they have let us know that they are monitoring the situation and that is good enough for me!!

P.S. Thanks Bioware for releasing an awesome game keep up the good work!!!

I have posted my concerns on the previous thread

And while waiting in the queue :) i was thinking what can reduce the queue time a bit if not significantly. I don't know whats the timer of a player getting disconnected from the moment he goes afk, it might be an idea just temporarily alter the timer for lets say 5 minutes of going afk.

It might not be the ideal situation but I think it can help those who really want to actually do something instead of those who are taking a break for a while and afraid to log off.

each day queues are longer and longer... and it is simple solution why:

after experiencing this amazing 2-5 hours of waiting, ppl DO EVERYTHING to keep them in game, so they do not need to face this horrible queue again. So they use everything (macros, physicla blocking of movement keys etc) to be not logged off/kicked from server...

I faced many players in corners who were just moving onto wall repeadetly, etc...

so.. more players trying to keep logged in and queues are longer and longer.. and dropping slowly..

I went to work, so turned off my PC... I am curious how long I will have to wait tommorow then... yesterday waited 5 hours...

I don't mind queues.

It's early access, I expect small technical problems with the game in the first month or so. Beyond that, I might get annoyed, but for now, I'm enjoying the game.

Best post i've seen so far, this is their first mmo don't expect everything to be perfect.

It's a great game best mmo i've played tbh, GJ Bioware! sure the queues are annoying and the offical launch haven't started, i think Bioware's devs are doing their best so give them some time to fix this one issue with the game. Whining and threatening to go back to wow etc. won't lead you anywhere, just be patient and let the swtor devs do their thing

We can all resolve that issue - simply all cancel subscriptions and left BioWare with empty servers - then we gona see Official Announcument - Queue Resolved happy gaming. Geez first time see company what killing it product before it even is official released