Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

there will never be a same sex romance option. ever. They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.

and dont go spounting about how "Bioware is a bunch of bigotous *****s!" cause they ahve several games were homosexual romance options are huge in the game.

Also the star wars universe has never expressed Homosexual tendencies ever. i highly doudt they will now.

They already said that there will be, we're only discussing how and when; I doubt BW will go back on his word after what recently happened with Mass Effect: surely they don't want to lose ALL the fan base remained

Edited by Ayslinn_Iduviel

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there will never be a same sex romance option. ever. They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.

and dont go spounting about how "Bioware is a bunch of bigotous *****s!" cause they ahve several games were homosexual romance options are huge in the game.

Also the star wars universe has never expressed Homosexual tendencies ever. i highly doudt they will now.

I think all of these issues have already been revised in this thread, and our doubts about them have been cleared up, so i can't see the point of insisting.

Edit: Found the link I was looking for.

I do have both of the tweeted responses from Hall Hood onto updated FAQ, as well as the possible 1.5 release date. I managed to get both tweets since I was watching the feed that night. ;)

Edited by natashina

They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.

Nope. ESRB rules specifically state that same-sex content does not in any way affect a game's rating.

Which has been brought up in this thread already.

Twice.

Nope. ESRB rules specifically state that same-sex content does not in any way affect a game's rating.

Which has been brought up in this thread already.

Twice.

Actually I think it's more than twice, maybe closer to four times by now.

And yes, even though I see this anti-gay whargle-garble so often on these boards I still can't wrap my head around why people are so adamantly homophobic. Equality is a bad thing and so is choice? Should all player characters be middle-aged, slightly over-weight straight white men and have Bioware dictate our class and story progression?

Actually I think it's more than twice, maybe closer to four times by now.

And yes, even though I see this anti-gay whargle-garble so often on these boards I still can't wrap my head around why people are so adamantly homophobic. Equality is a bad thing and so is choice? Should all player characters be middle-aged, slightly over-weight straight white men and have Bioware dictate our class and story progression?

I don't quite understand the ones who come in here and announce with vindictive glee that SGR content won't be in the game for one reason or another. Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that most of them are hoping it won't be in but don't want to actually say that. So off they go and scrabble around for something that they think might ensure it isn't implemented, like the issue of the ESRB rating.

And they do often come across as gleeful. "I'm going to get what I want! You're not getting anything! Ha ha!" It's almost sad. Like some of these people can only gain any sort of pleasure from putting down others or depriving them of something.

And they do often come across as gleeful. "I'm going to get what I want! You're not getting anything! Ha ha!" It's almost sad. Like some of these people can only gain any sort of pleasure from putting down others or depriving them of something.

I don't like bacon, so no one gets bacon!

Tesco is never going to sell bacon, it doesn't matter how many times they say they're in talks with pig farmers, bacon isn't coming to Tesco!

I don't like bacon, so no one gets bacon!

Tesco is never going to sell bacon, it doesn't matter how many times they say they're in talks with pig farmers, bacon isn't coming to Tesco!

"Not that I have anything against bacon, you understand, because that would make people who like bacon angry with me. I just don't think bacon ought to be allowed."

"Not that I have anything against bacon, you understand, because that would make people who like bacon angry with me. I just don't think bacon ought to be allowed."

I'm not against bacon, I just don't believe bacon should be allowed in our schools, films or popular media. I shouldn't have to see bacon when I go shopping and ham should also be restricted. Did you know it's a form of bacon?

Besides, you can still want bacon, you just have to have beef instead.

I'm not against bacon, I just don't believe bacon should be allowed in our schools, films or popular media. I shouldn't have to see bacon when I go shopping and ham should also be restricted. Did you know it's a form of bacon?

Besides, you can still want bacon, you just have to have beef instead.

"Do you see how nice and tolerant I am, allowing you to like bacon? And do you see how demanding and unreasonable you are being in asking to be allowed to eat it?"

(I really should stop doing this :D)

Edited by Eleuril

Also, I think I owe Uluain an apology for making a fool of myself earlier. I should have thought out my reply to you more carefully and I think I came across as a bit dismissive and inconsiderate. So. I was wrong and I apologise.

I don't quite understand the ones who come in here and announce with vindictive glee that SGR content won't be in the game for one reason or another. Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that most of them are hoping it won't be in but don't want to actually say that. So off they go and scrabble around for something that they think might ensure it isn't implemented, like the issue of the ESRB rating.

I concur! This thread has gone through many incarnations since the OP's outdated poll in January. Some posters who are detractors(civilized or not) come in with fairly obvious seeming arguments against SGR or with a lot of confusion. Usually, they aren't prepared(or very happily surprised)for the pro-SGR community to back up what they say. Most of them that have questions and comments about SGR content are really cool. They ask polite, honest questions and don't come off as rude or insulting.

Then, there are those other detractors. Nothing shuts down posters that troll quite like backing up information with facts and links. They're the ones that feel the strongest against SGRs and probably hold their tongues to prevent from saying some really hateful/bigoted things. Or else their post gets yanked and/or a temp ban could get thrown on them if they say it here. :rolleyes:

Sadly, that seems to be something inherent about gaming and the internet in general. That's how a lot of "game x vs game y," "why game x will fail and you fail for liking it" fights start and forum rules get changed all over the net. After ToR came out, I can tell you that over the next couple of months sites such as DarthHater and mmo-champ changed their rules to not allow "game v game/why your game sucks" threads.

There is always the few going, "Burn baby, burn!" simply because its different from what they like/understand. Amusingly, these folks tend to be very much the same as those that constantly troll about every little change that gets made in the game they so-called, "love."

I want every player to get the content that they really want and need, regardless of what that is. Not at the expense of other players. I do not think it's fair to have options taken away for the comfort of others. I seriously think it's wrong to ask to have promised story cut out of a game...that it extremely story based.

Ugh, game snobbery combined with schadenfreude has gotten really ugly in the gaming world. :mad:

Sorry, I had a little rant there.

/soapbox :o

Edited by natashina

Sadly, that seems to be something inherent about gaming and the internet in general. That's how a lot of "game x vs game y," "why game x will fail and you fail for liking it" fights start and forum rules get changed all over the net. After ToR came out, I can tell you that over the next couple of months sites such as DarthHater and mmo-champ changed their rules to not allow "game v game/why your game sucks" threads.

There is always the few going, "Burn baby, burn!" simply because its different from what they like/understand. Amusingly, these folks tend to be very much the same as those that constantly troll about every little change that gets made in the game they so-called, "love."

I want every player to get the content that they really want and need, regardless of what that is. Not at the expense of other players. I do not think it's fair to have options taken away for the comfort of others. I seriously think it's wrong to ask to have promised story cut out of a game...that it extremely story based.

Ugh, game snobbery combined with schadenfreude has gotten really ugly in the gaming world. :mad:

Sorry, I had a little rant there.

/soapbox :o

It's something that makes me quite angry and has done for some time, so I can understand the need to rant. It seems to be especially prevalent in MMOs. I remember well the casual vs. hardcore arguments that used to rage in the community of a certain other MMO and they often boiled down to "They're getting something, therefore I am being deprived, how unfair!" This can also be observed in the people who want new games to fail. They don't like this or that new MMO, therefore they want a situation where no-one gets to play it. It's incredibly immature.

It's something that makes me quite angry and has done for some time, so I can understand the need to rant. It seems to be especially prevalent in MMOs. I remember well the casual vs. hardcore arguments that used to rage in the community of a certain other MMO and they often boiled down to "They're getting something, therefore I am being deprived, how unfair!" This can also be observed in the people who want new games to fail. They don't like this or that new MMO, therefore they want a situation where no-one gets to play it. It's incredibly immature.

Since this is getting a little off-topic, I wanted to briefly add that this goes beyond ATVI games. This harkens back to EQ, when druids were the only ones that could port across the map.

Even further back in UO when players used to break into other's player's housing and steal their stuff. Or rob their corpses(I think they allowed this in some of the early xpacs of EQ as well.) Now that's insane levels of griefing. There was a lot of snarky comments about how bragging jerks had the skills to break into the houses/or the ability to steal from the players. The braggart's excuse? It was the griefer's "right" to do this, since "the noobs were too slow" and it was allowed in the game anyways. The devs pretty much said, working as intended.

/facepalm I wish I was making that last part up.

In short, nothing has changed, just the capacity of the mmo playerbase has grown dramatically. We hear about this far more often.

In any case, I know those types of players will be coming in droves once the official SGR announcement hits. I've got my flame retardant suit ready to go as much as I can be. There'll be a lot of facts and links from very patient posters that will help cut down on the serious trolling. If the trolls get to be too much, then I'll just back off from posting for a day or two. Make sure I calm down and not feed the flames. ;)

Edited by natashina

Since this is getting a little off-topic, I wanted to add that this goes beyond ATVI games. This harkens back to EQ, when druids were the only ones that could port across the map. Even further back in UO when players used to break into other's player's housing and steal their stuff.

In any case, I know those types of players could be coming in droves once the official SGR announcement. I've got my flame retardant suit ready to go as much as I can be. There'll be a lot of facts and links from very patient posters that will help cut down on the serious trolling. If the trolls get to be too much, then I'll just back off from posting for a day or two. Make sure I calm down and not feed the flames. ;)

Ahem, yes, back on topic for me. I am sure BW know it's going to be a controversial thing and will be ready to douse the flames. If some of us are also willing to brave the forums and help by flagging problematic posts and by not fighting the trolls it might help the mods' lives easier.

Me? I might be turning the general chat channel off in game 'til it calms down. That's not going to be moderated like the forums are. Usually people who say stupid things in chat in this game get told to pack it in by everyone else, but in the event of a seething trollfest I suspect that won't achieve much.

Even further back in UO when players used to break into other's player's housing and steal their stuff. Or rob their corpses(I think they allowed this in some of the early xpacs of EQ as well.) Now that's insane levels of griefing. There was a lot of snarky comments about how bragging jerks had the skills to break into the houses/or the ability to steal from the players. The braggart's excuse? It was the griefer's "right" to do this, since "the noobs were too slow" and it was allowed in the game anyways. The devs pretty much said, working as intended.

MMO developers tend to try and minimise griefing potential these days, so the trolls have to resort to new tactics.

Edited by Eleuril

Sorry that I am deviating somewhat from the topic...

What would you do (in-game) when same gender romances were introduced with the subject of your fancy?

My Jedi Knight would have T7 record a holo-message for Doc to display in the ships's mess in the morning, showing Kira leaning on my shoulder and saying that "little miss uptight" and the captain are busy discussing some un-jedi-ish business in the captain's quarters over night and that he'd be gentleman if he prepared Alderaanian breakfast for the two of us, while the the butler droid is cleaning the ship's windows from the outside. Or alternatively rotate with the butler droid.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Sorry that I am deviating somewhat from the topic...

What would you do (in-game) when same gender romances were introduced with the subject of your fancy?

My Jedi Knight would have T7 record a holo-message for Doc to display in the ships's mess in the morning, with Kira leaning on my shoulder, that "little miss uptight" and the captain are busy discussing some un-jedi-ish business in the captain's quarters over night and that he'd be gentleman if he prepared Alderaanian breakfast for the two of us, while the the butler droid is cleaning the ship's windows from the outside. Or alternatively rotate with the butler droid.

HAH! My JK is way too nice to ever do something like that. Probably to do with her upbringing. Probably she'd just look over at him (which is impressive enough when you have no eyes) after getting back with Kira after some 'shore leave' on Voss (why Voss? Because it's pretty, and some parts of it remind her of her birthworld) with an expression that says, 'I dare you to say anything.'

Then again my JK really likes Doc. Really, really likes him. Just not in That Way.

HAH! My JK is way too nice to ever do something like that. Probably to do with her upbringing. Probably she'd just look over at him (which is impressive enough when you have no eyes) after getting back with Kira after some 'shore leave' on Voss (why Voss? Because it's pretty, and some parts of it remind her of her birthworld) with an expression that says, 'I dare you to say anything.'

Then again my JK really likes Doc. Really, really likes him. Just not in That Way.

Ah, I kinda have never forgiven him the line: "Looks like ol' Doc got here just in time. How have you survived with a droid and Little Miss Uptight as your only friends?"

I have not been on Voss yet (with my Jedi Knight anyway), but there are some intense scenes with Chiss Jedi Knight. I distinctly remember one staring back out of a bacta-tank, so you can only see the glowing red eyes.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Ah, I kinda have never forgiven him the line: "Looks like ol' Doc got here just in time. How have you survived with a droid and Little Miss Uptight as your only friends?"

My JK sees that as being sass, and not at all serious. And she sees via the Force (like all Miraluka) so she can literally see his heart is in more or less the right place. Besides, he's sassing Kira. Anyone sassing Kira deserves everything they get. No need for my JK to pass judgement on them. :p

I have not been on Voss yet, but there are some intense scenes with Chiss Jedi Knight. I distinctly remember one staring back out of a bacta-tank, so you can only see the glowing red eyes.

I don't recall seeing that.

MMO developers tend to try and minimise griefing potential these days, so the trolls have to resort to new tactics.

Hehe, agreed. Developers have come a very far way in trying to prevent game breaking griefing. The whining/debating and those that find ways to grief are the parts that don't change. :)

That's an awesome gif.

Thank you. It's my favorite facepalm image thus far. I got to see them in concert a couple of years ago. \o/

Edited by natashina

My JK sees that as being sass, and not at all serious. And she sees via the Force (like all Miraluka) so she can literally see his heart is in more or less the right place. Besides, he's sassing Kira. Anyone sassing Kira deserves everything they get. No need for my JK to pass judgement on them. :p

I don't recall seeing that.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I judge him on that, I just don't like him. Not at all.

Spoiler for the Jedi Knight end of Act II:

Aftter the Emperor overcomes you and starts controlling your mind you're brought into a bacta tank. Your "Sith Master" to be looks inside and you stare back at him. Just a short scene in a comparably long cinematic sequence.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I wouldn't go as far as to say I judge him on that, I just don't like him. Not at all.

Spoiler for the Jedi Knight end of Act II:

Aftter the Emperor overcomes you and starts controlling your mind you're brought into a bacta tank. Your "Sith Master" to be looks inside and you stare back at him. Just a short scene in a comparably long cinematic sequence.

I've levelled a JK to 50 and I don't recall it. Not that surprising for me, I've clearly just forgotten it. If they force us to re-level to experience SGRAs when they go in I'll make a note to look out for it! :)

Kira is quite the young lady :D. She's one of the stronger(in terms of character and eventual levels) companions I've had the privilege to "meet" in this game. My JK started as a complete goodie-two-shoes Lawful Stupid paladin when I rolled him up. Over time, Kira showed him how to have a sense of humor and that life truly is too short. Doc bothered him at first, but he realized that it really took all kinds to rebuild a galaxy for peace. It's a lot of fun picking the slightly mean or smart alecked answers sometimes.

And yes, anyone that smack talks at Kira more than deserves what they get. If they can stand the tongue-lashing from her, she always has her lightsaber to back her point up. She may not hurt them, but she delights in calling out the stupid. :p

Can you tell she's one of my favorite characters now? Plus, her VA is outstanding.

To me personaly i would not care either way but i see post after post about this and fail to understand why so many people do care. IMO its not what the games about... if i was interested in something like that i'd be playing the SIM's maybe.

I was browsing the Inquisitor class subform today and there's a huge thread requesting that the devs add the option to turn Ashara DS in future story content...a lot of the motivation was romance related (i.e., DS SI doesn't really fit with her). Furthermore, some requested that they add an additional female DS option instead of her.

The same can be seen in the SW subform with a thread asking to make LS Jaesa romanceable (the point being that it's not fair a DS male SW gets 2 options and LS only 1).

I don't see how this thread is fundamentally different from those, but I don't see these type of posts in those threads.

On topic: Kira is awesome.