Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Can you tell she's one of my favorite characters now? Plus, her VA is outstanding.

She's easily one of my favourites. So is Praven, actually - and Bengal Morr. Man, I felt so sorry for Bengal Morr when I watched the holorecordings one can find on the JK ship. :(

Actually, I liked all of the JK's companions and many of the JK's associated NPCs. I've issues with some parts of the story (which I won't go into here) but I thought the supporting characters were excellently written.

JK is my only 50, so I can't comment too much on the others. JC is my next highest. I have a twi'lek Sage who's firmly healer-specced. She's not into the ladies, but she MIGHT go for Nadia, albeit hesitantly. She's not at all interested in other twi'leks (for Reasons), and unfortunately Iresso just doesn't Do It for her. And as she's not hot on Trandoshans it leaves her a bit out in the cold.

My pureblood SI is... a tricky one to explain. But suffice it to say that she'd probably most readily go for power. In any case she's not sane and her tastes are extremely fluid.

My zabrak SW is a bit torn between Vette and Jaesa, but as he's Light Side from what I understand Vette is his only option. Honestly he'd more likely go for Vette's old friend, Taunt... not at all into the men, sadly.

My Rattataki BH is totally into Mako. At a distance, until the game allows otherwise.

I have a rarely-played male Mirialan Trooper who'd take the cat-man Aric on for any number of rounds. >.> By contrast I've an effectively asexual female cyborg Trooper who just isn't interested unless it involves shooting the heck out of things For The Republic.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I The same can be seen in the SW subform with a thread asking to make LS Jaesa romanceable (the point being that it's not fair a DS male SW gets 2 options and LS only 1).

I've always been a fan of the idea of at least having Quinn and both LS and DS Jaesa available for SGRs. I really think it's silly that LS Jaesa cannot have romance, yet my very Lawful Good Paladin(he has 150 DS pts and off the top of my head one of them is from starting the Kira romance quest, and the other was the brief, "True Republic" quest in Courscant) can have Kira? One of the best written companions in the game? It just seems like a real disconnection there.

Besides, Jaesa in general seems overall so in love with the SW(depending upon dialog choices of course) that gender really wouldn't matter.

On topic: Kira is awesome.

She did the voice for a character in the Square-Enix/Cavia game Nier. If you want to hear that character, google "intro to nier." I would link it here, but the language is R-rated. So it's NSFW. The character is quite different from Kira, but that voice helped bring me back to the game.

Edit: I have a toon name locked in for SGRs finally. Go go increased character slots! :p I'm saving her for either a Chiss or a Cathar(if Pubs get them as well as Imps.)

Edited by natashina

If I had to level up again I might try a focus Jedi Guardian - I always wanted a damage dealer with a single normal lightsaber, and from what I've seen some of the heavy armors are actually quite acceptable. A Twi'lek with body type 1, head 9 and deep blue skin, so hoods won't be a problem either.

But I'd let it rest for a few months, because I am so not in the mood to to level up a knight right again.

The problem with romanceable characters I'd like is that the characters I would like to have a romance with are not available at all. Not even straight.

I don't know. Maybe I can ask a male gay Sith Warrior to swap his Vette for my Consular's Iresso. Vette likes dark side though, doesn't she? Never played a Sith Warrior, the voice just doesn't work for the characters I like to create.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Besides, Jaesa in general seems overall so in love with the SW(depending upon dialog choices of course) that gender really wouldn't matter.

I did get that impression as I recently leveled my DS female SW to 50.

It always seemed that Jaesa was desperately fishing for attention and approval from my SW (and possibly something more but the game will not allow that yet XD). Sadly, my SW was kind of dismissive of her for the most part (she never wanted an apprentice and would have preferred sending Jaesa back to her parents after the end of Ch. 1).

If I had to level up again I might try a focus Jedi Guardian - I always wanted a damage dealer with a single normal lightsaber, and from what I've seen some of the heavy armors are actually quite acceptable. A Twi'lek with body type 1, head 9 and deep blue skin.

But I'd let it rest for a few months, because I am so not in the mood to to level up a knight right again.

I've leveled a JK Guard to 44 now(been slow going) and got my SW Jugg to 50. I got to play around some with the dps spec, and it really is respectable. I haven't much, since I tank for my hubby and pugs(guildless but okay with that atm.) Even as a tank spec, the amount of damage I do is pretty good imho.

And I can't do two of the same class/different advanced back to back either. The JK story line is very good, and I really enjoyed the SW questline as well. I could do the SW again now, after months of being 50 lol.

If you don't mind me asking, without too many spoilers, what you thought of the JK story? More important, how did you feel the romance was handled?

I did get that impression as I recently leveled my DS female SW to 50.

It always seemed that Jaesa was desperately fishing for attention and approval from my SW (and possibly something more but the game will not allow that yet XD). Sadly, my SW was kind of dismissive of her for the most part (she never wanted an apprentice and would have preferred sending Jaesa back to her parents after the end of Ch. 1).

I went very DS with Jaesa. I admit, I got a real kick out of the whole, "Give into your feelings. Strike him down and embrace the Darkside speech!" It was fun, but I look forward to going a different route.

As for the rest, I found it frustrating that Jugg(Lawful Evil all the way, Dark IV at 50 before I ground DS pts via reg BT) could bond so easily with Jaesa. Perhaps offer a bit of a more structured guidance for her. Yet, there is a barrier that is slightly hinted getting past. In the meantime, Nat looks at Jaesa and Pierce(who I personally adore as well) with longing. A voice in her says, "You must not. Now is not the time for such petty relationships." :rolleyes:

Edited by natashina

If you don't mind me asking, without too many spoilers, what you thought of the JK story? More important, how did you feel the romance was handled?

The story is... well, simple. I just started with the last act so I can't say anything about it. The first act is somewhat weary, as in most classes. It just takes too long and the excuses for sending you to one planet or another are shale. The second act is a quite straightforward assault at the enemy, but turns out better than I would have expected - the ending makes up for a lot of it. Satele Shan is generally involved a lot in the story, it feels like you were meant to be given the impression you were one of personal favourites, which... to put it in Jar-Jar's words "smells very stinkable" as far as I am concerned.

Interesting is the involvement of both some of your crew members in the story and a few side characters. Generally your companions are quite alright, I've not progressed through there stories far, with one noteable exception I can't name without giving spoilers, but they are quite fun from what I've seen. However, of the three stories I know (consular, imperial agent and knight) I like it least so far. I like the Imperial Agent story by far most.

I didn't engage in any romance - I am not strictly averse playing through hetero romances but I despise the only option availble and gave him a clear "no" pretty early. I've not seen a mini-romance along the way (as opposed to a female chiss Imperial Agent, but you have to be chiss and female), not to mention scenes were you, well, frak your way to success, which, of course, wasn't expected of a JK.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well, it looks like we're getting close to lock down time. Is it incarnation #6 or #7 by now?

If I don't wake up before the new incarnation starts, I'll have the updated FAQ up as soon as possible. I'll welcome any feedback from the thread about what should be taken out, reworded, ect. This FAQ is really written by all the posters. I just tried to use a good template to put it all together. :p

Well, it looks like we're getting close to lock down time. Is it incarnation #6 or #7 by now?

They didn't close us down when we hit 1,000 posts so I doubt they're going to close us when we hit 2,000 posts. The only likely time they're going to close this thread is when they start to actually share information (even though they said they'd bring all new information to this thread).

Possible sign that Kaliyo isn't bisexual? This quote is from the Kaliyo companion blog released today.

Any romantic partner who can put up with Kaliyo through the many, many bad times, however... well, it's hard to know what he'd find. She's never stuck with anyone that long.”

Possibly it's just the way it was typed or relating to the fact that currently only males can romance her, but something I thought I'd throw into the Kaliyo debate.

Edited by Chaac

The next version, if there is one, will be the seventh. Or, if this thread had been closed at 1,000 posts, then this second half would have been the seventh and the next would be the eighth. Started on January 17, this thread has been running for nine months and fourteen days – that's more than long enought to have a baby. It has had 7,045 posts in that time and received 525,074 views – that's more than the population of Uzbekistan.

There is no way for me to count troll posts that have been removed over the months, and no easy way for me to count players who, on account of this content not being in game or on account of a lack of solid information regarding this content have left SWTOR, until matters improve or for good. There is no way for me to count how many other threads have been locked and redirected to this one. Yet here we stand, a monument or a molehill, and what we'd like to know is:

• Will same-gender relationships be available with current companions?
  • If so, with which?
  • Will same-gender relationships be available for all eight classes?
  • If not, with which?
  • Will new relationship options be available to characters who have already fully progressed companion stories?
  • Is the awaited same-gender content on the schedule to be released with Makeb?
  • Are we still on track to see that content this year?
  • Will same-gender romance require an in-game credit or cartel coin (or any other similar) expense to unlock?

Some of these questions date back to beta testing. Others are more recent, arising from changes at BioWare Austin and in the direction of the game. Clarification of any would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Uluain

Possible sign that Kaliyo isn't bisexual? This quote is from the Kaliyo companion blog released today.

Possibly it's just the way it was typed or relating to the fact that currently only males can romance her, but something I thought I'd throw into the Kaliyo debate.

Considering they used 'he' or 'him' to refer to the Agent everywhere else, I wouldn't look into it too much.

Hard to say. I would lean toward written that way because currently she is only available to male characters, and maybe a touch of passive-aggressive heterosexism from someone tired of the issue being talked about. Or, from our point of view, not talked about.

Oh! I have an idea. Duck and cover, troops, I'm going in.

Edited by Uluain

Hard to say. I would lean toward written that way because currently she is only available to male characters, and maybe a touch of passive-aggressive heterosexism from someone tired of the issue being talked about. Or, from our point of view, not talked about.

Oh! I have an idea. Duck and cover, troops, I'm going in.

It's also possible someone was typing without thinking, if we think back to Kaliyo's post-romance letters - like running with the assumption everyone on the Internet is male until proven otherwise.

It's also possible someone was typing without thinking, if we think back to Kaliyo's post-romance letters - like running with the assumption everyone on the Internet is male until proven otherwise.

Maybe... but do you think there is anyone left on the Writer Team who doesn't know how hotly anticipated and controversial same-gender romance is?

Anyhow, I simply went into the blog discussion thread and asked.

Ahem, yes, back on topic for me. I am sure BW know it's going to be a controversial thing and will be ready to douse the flames. If some of us are also willing to brave the forums and help by flagging problematic posts and by not fighting the trolls it might help the mods' lives easier.

Me? I might be turning the general chat channel off in game 'til it calms down. That's not going to be moderated like the forums are. Usually people who say stupid things in chat in this game get told to pack it in by everyone else, but in the event of a seething trollfest I suspect that won't achieve much.

MMO developers tend to try and minimise griefing potential these days, so the trolls have to resort to new tactics.

Actually, a certain panda game actively started wars between casuals and hardcore on their forums. One of the devs responsible has been banned from posting on the regular forums for years now, it got so bad. Mostly I think it was to distract gamers from the sheer amount of incompetence on the part of the devs who were in charge of classes that didn't understand fundamental aspects of the classes they were in charge of, and the glacial slowness that they released content.

I figure it's probably something like that, but thought I'd raise the point.

Maybe... but do you think there is anyone left on the Writer Team who doesn't know how hotly anticipated and controversial same-gender romance is?

Anyhow, I simply went into the blog discussion thread and asked.

Of course that works too :p

If I had to level up again I might try a focus Jedi Guardian - I always wanted a damage dealer with a single normal lightsaber, and from what I've seen some of the heavy armors are actually quite acceptable. A Twi'lek with body type 1, head 9 and deep blue skin, so hoods won't be a problem either.

The problem with romanceable characters I'd like is that the characters I would like to have a romance with are not available at all. Not even straight.

I don't know. Maybe I can ask a male gay Sith Warrior to swap his Vette for my Consular's Iresso. Vette likes dark side though, doesn't she? Never played a Sith Warrior, the voice just doesn't work for the characters I like to create.

Vette is pretty pro LS. I honestly don't recall her ever wanting a DS option, hence my Jugg has zero DS points.

Feels kinda odd to be the Emperor's Wrath with the title "The Pure", but hey whatever makes Vette happy.

Everywhere else in the article they seem to refer to the Agent as "the Agent" or "your".

They did a few times in the first section.

I just don't think they will announce/hint at who will be available for SGRA in these blogs. That would be nice though :o

Vette is pretty pro LS. I honestly don't recall her ever wanting a DS option, hence my Jugg has zero DS points.

Vette doesn't mind it if you kill someone who probably deserves it in her mind. Ex...my SW killed Duke Kendoh on Alderaan (DS points) and Vette thought that was just spiffy.

Edited by stuffystuffs

Feels kinda odd to be the Emperor's Wrath with the title "The Pure", but hey whatever makes Vette happy.

/me is happy about that fedback, but still won't click the spoler. (typing this while staring at the keyboard)

I've just seen a trailer in before the game came out that implied that she was somewhat masochistic. "See? It doesn't even hurt anymore." or so.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I just don't think they will announce/hint at who will be available for SGRA in these blogs. That would be nice though :o

They can't fault us from asking, though, in a thread where it is, in fact, on topic. Now can they? :)

They did a few times in the first section.

Vette doesn't mind it if you kill someone who probably deserves it in her mind. Ex...my SW killed Duke Kendoh on Alderaan (DS points) and Vette thought that was just spiffy.

Huh never noticed that one, though I'm sure you're right and given Vette's history it makes perfect sense. I probably had Quinn out at the time (the little ******).

Wow ****** is censored? Even got to get the British terms, eh guys?

Actually, a certain panda game actively started wars between casuals and hardcore on their forums. One of the devs responsible has been banned from posting on the regular forums for years now, it got so bad. Mostly I think it was to distract gamers from the sheer amount of incompetence on the part of the devs who were in charge of classes that didn't understand fundamental aspects of the classes they were in charge of, and the glacial slowness that they released content.

I'm not especially surprised to learn this.