[POLL]Class balanceing tweaks

Talsyrius

I recently made a thread about which class deserve a nerf the most, but got some complaints about the choices of options available etc, so here is a new shot with better options.

Which classes do you think needs to be nerfed? (link)

Which classes do you think needs to be buffed? (link)

*Edit: Just to clarify, this is an attempt to see which classes the players feel are unbalanced, because I wanted to know if it was just me that thought the announced class was a tad bit off.

Edited by Talsyrius

I recently made a thread about which class deserve a nerf the most, but got some complaints about the choices of options available etc, so here is a new shot with better options.

In my opinion anyone who votes that any class needs either is wrong. PvP balance is fine as it is. An no I dont play sin tank, ops/scound, marauder or whatever this weeks complaint class is. I tank in pvp as Powertech, or play as a madness assassin, gunslinger, or rage jug the list goes on and one

In my opinion anyone who votes that any class needs either is wrong. PvP balance is fine as it is. An no I dont play sin tank, ops/scound, marauder or whatever this weeks complaint class is. I tank in pvp as Powertech, or play as a madness assassin, gunslinger, or rage jug the list goes on and one

You tank in pvp, so i dont think we should let you be making any big decisions.

Edited by DakoHawk

1. You are missing a class, the dps tree of assasin. KC need a nerf but infiltration need huge buff in survivability.

2. Scoundrels still need some nerfs, they are even now way OP. I level one just because others will quit to play it and is time to show them how wrong they are trolling. At lvl 40 i faceroll everithing as hybryd. Just cant wait lvl 50.

3. Same sentinels/marauders most OP of all.

4. Do not forget Powertechs. On my realm they do the most dmg, over 1 milion per WZ. OFC they have healers in their back but still. We average do 300k + and they do over 1 milion. Ask for pictures and i will post them. maybe Bioware will see them too. I hope.

Poll:

WHO IS SICK OF NERF THREADS?

This is not a "nerf thread", its a survey on what the community think about class balance, which will hopefully lead to some people at bioware recognize what "the people" actually want before they go all crazy with "balancing" things, since that haven't worked out so well so far... IMO the balance was best pre 1.2...

This is not a "nerf thread", its a survey on what the community think about class balance, which will hopefully lead to some people at bioware recognize what "the people" actually want before they go all crazy with "balancing" things, since that haven't worked out so well so far... IMO the balance was best pre 1.2...

Well I can agree with on class balance being good as is only change should be to merc dps. Well and the damage I can do on my 'sin but they went the opposite rout.

Edited by cycao

The "people" also once thought it was a great idea to feed Christians to Lions.

There is good reason why development teams don't base nerfs / buffs on what "the people" want. That reason is that "the people" are dumb as hell.

I mean seriously, think about how stupid the average person is, and then think about how half the people in the world are dumber than them.

You guys are really cool, you will not give up, I give you credit for that.

But honestly, like you can see from the poll, its always the same people who QQ everyday on the forums, so can we say you are 50 -100 ppl on 300k-400k active pvp players?

Maybe you should start to think that your opinions are wrong, since there are many players that use different classes, that tell you how to fight against those "OP" classes.

I think you should try to improve your skill, watch videos, read giudes on the web, duel with friends or with good pvpers etc..

I solved my problems against some AC just by focus on my gameplay, rank up other AC and learned their abilities, so to counter their strenghts and know their weak spots.

Dont forget that good tactics will always win.

You guys are really cool, you will not give up, I give you credit for that.

But honestly, like you can see from the poll, its always the same people who QQ everyday on the forums, so can we say you are 50 -100 ppl on 300k-400k active pvp players?

Maybe you should start to think that your opinions are wrong, since there are many players that use different classes, that tell you how to fight against those "OP" classes.

I think you should try to improve your skill, watch videos, read giudes on the web, duel with friends or with good pvpers etc..

I solved my problems against some AC just by focus on my gameplay, rank up other AC and learned their abilities, so to counter their strenghts and know their weak spots.

Dont forget that good tactics will always win.

And which class are you mr pro person? For those of us that aim for the highest tier pvp rankings, class balance is a very real concern, and not just a l2p issue... Stop criticizing people for wanting a fair game.

There is good reason why development teams don't base nerfs / buffs on what "the people" want. That reason is that "the people" are dumb as hell.

I mean seriously, think about how stupid the average person is, and then think about how half the people in the world are dumber than them.

Well in hindsight that was a bad idea as it made the lions sick.

Infraction points in 3....2....1....

Edited by HelinCarnate

Lol. Nice.

Which classes do you think needs to be nerfed? What ever class you play!(link)

Which classes do you think needs to be buffed? What ever class I play!(link)

I hope you get your way. It will add a whole new element to the game! I vote that everyone gets 1,000,000 credits a week for subscribing! Who's with me?

This was easy!

"Which classes do you think needs to be nerfed?" A: Everything that I don't play!

"Which classes do you think needs to be buffed?" A: Everything that I do play! Except for my sentinel, he's ok if most of the other classes get nerfed.

We should also all vote on whether or not we should pay taxes, who wins the World Series and how many Oscars Joss Whedon gets!

And which class are you mr pro person? For those of us that aim for the highest tier pvp rankings, class balance is a very real concern, and not just a l2p issue... Stop criticizing people for wanting a fair game.

If you readed my post, I think you did since you quoted it, I have few 50.

The problem is that you ask a balance that you can get from the "l2p".....

Soo... l2p instead of a "never ending nerf metod" is the solution for your aim.

edit: if you want a perfect balance between all the players you should play a fps, perfect balance in a rpgmmo is utopian.

If you readed my post, I think you did since you quoted it, I have few 50.

The problem is that you ask a balance that you can get from the "l2p".....

Soo... l2p instead of a "never ending nerf metod" is the solution for your aim.

edit: if you want a perfect balance between all the players you should play a fps, perfect balance in a rpgmmo is utopian.

Since bioware obviously are dead set on nerfing some classes in the upcoming patch, they might as well nerf the right one(s). I don't want to reroll every time a new patch come out just because they nerf my class below the level of some others. Now take assassin nerf for example, it would have been fine if they also brought down marauders and powertech a bit. But since they didn't, assassins will be sub par to those classes, hence not viable for an optimized ranked warzone group.

Since bioware obviously are dead set on nerfing some classes in the upcoming patch, they might as well nerf the right one(s). I don't want to reroll every time a new patch come out just because they nerf my class below the level of some others. Now take assassin nerf for example, it would have been fine if they also brought down marauders and powertech a bit. But since they didn't, assassins will be sub par to those classes, hence not viable for an optimized ranked warzone group.

I dno, if we play same game..

tankass was prolly the strongest 1 vs 1 class of all, counting the median between every different AC 1 vs 1 encounter, maybe the hybrid scoudrell spec could have good chances to win. (I'm calculating the variables gotten from skilled players).

Tankassas were gods in HB, could defend an objective better then all the others AC.

Their DPS is still very good for a tank.

Sometimes, I'm wondering why I see all this difference, between what I read on the forums and what happens in game... /mumble mumble

I dno, if we play same game..

tankass was prolly the strongest 1 vs 1 class of all, counting the median between every different AC 1 vs 1 encounter, maybe the hybrid scoudrell spec could have good chances to win. (I'm calculating the variables gotten from skilled players).

Tankassas were gods in HB, could defend an objective better then all the others AC.

Their DPS is still very good for a tank.

Sometimes, I'm wondering why I see all this difference, between what I read on the forums and what happens in game... /mumble mumble

I am not saying they where not stronger then most classes, however I do think they where on par with powertech and marauder, and nerfing just assassins will make them sub-par...

*Edit: Just to clarify, this is an attempt to see which classes the players feel are unbalanced, because I wanted to know if it was just me that thought the announced class was a tad bit off.

This kind of topic does not work at all because ofcourse all the players backpeddling in circles will think just about everything is OP :(