1.3 Dps Operatives. Your thoughts?

Maxkardinal

I would have liked an explanation as to why we have received yet another nerf (albiet a passive rather than an active nerf, its a nerf nonetheless). At this point I think scrapper spec scoundrel will be completely unviable in ranked PVP.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have liked an explanation as to why we have received yet another nerf (albiet a passive rather than an active nerf, its a nerf nonetheless). At this point I think scrapper spec scoundrel will be completely unviable in ranked PVP.

I think the problem is that Bioware doesn't realize that different classes rely on adrenals+relics to varying degrees.

They probably think that they are leaving scrappers/concealment alone. They need to look at how these changes reduce operative effectiveness relative to how they reduce the effectiveness of say a marauder.

I think the problem is that Bioware doesn't realize that different classes rely on adrenals+relics to varying degrees.

They probably think that they are leaving scrappers/concealment alone. They need to look at how these changes reduce operative effectiveness relative to how they reduce the effectiveness of say a marauder.

As far as I can se, i'll be losing about 15-20% of my spike damage output without relics/adrenals. As spike damage is what makes this class effective, it is a really huge relative nerf for us and I really wish they'd explain why it is necessary to leave scoundrels/operatives in this position

Edited by Navvak

While I wholeheartedly admit it takes less skill than Concealment, Lethality is amazing. You're not going to kll anything 1v1 but you'll get over 600k damage if you know what you're doing.

Funny how I disagree with all of this. I find that Concealment takes less skill. And I can kill people 1v1 just fine (though it's true I try to avoid it since it's best not to 1v1 anyways, in most situations, because the spec shines more when you are dishing out DPS unabated.).

Adrenals and relics are nerfed. Huge burst drop for Concealment

Nothing have changed in both dps trees, but 6% healing recived nerf in Concealment.

I saw a straight massage to leave and never come back.

Message received, the intentions for the future of this game have been made absolutely clear by the devs with 1.3 patch notes.

Funny how I disagree with all of this. I find that Concealment takes less skill. And I can kill people 1v1 just fine (though it's true I try to avoid it since it's best not to 1v1 anyways, in most situations, because the spec shines more when you are dishing out DPS unabated.).

I'm still waiting for the long promised video of you stomping people. Part of that is sarcastic but the other part is that I really want to see it.

As a DPS assassin, I share your pain.

Godmode healers return.

They already existed... operative healers wearing rakata/war hero mix.

But really as a sin shouldn't you guys be more upset... concealment ops at least have burst without relics/adrenals.. it was just much higher with them. Sins used relics/adrenals to even get some simbliance of burst.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

if no one brings it up. we'll allow bioware to continue to make pvp brainless and then operatives will just switch to the dot tree and we'll stay quite when people complain about damage numbers(not telling them they can cleanse it)

spread the word quietly

I'm not sure what to say.

Good Operative's can do 30-50% of my HP in just the knockdown and I'm a Tank. I can only imagine what you can do to other classes.

i'd believe you if you said 25%. . .or not said 'just the knockdown'

Edited by FourTwent

If you think Operatives are nerfed you wrong. They need a fix. Sitting in WZ and healing with 5 players in y back and not dying say something. Operatives / scoundrels need nerf. And if you rerol i just level one. As a healer i can beat any other class with same level. So i am nerfed or not? Hope so.

If you think Operatives are nerfed you wrong. They need a fix. Sitting in WZ and healing with 5 players in y back and not dying say something. Operatives / scoundrels need nerf. And if you rerol i just level one. As a healer i can beat any other class with same level. So i am nerfed or not? Hope so.

i have no idea what you just said xD

Did you not see the part in the thread title that says "DPS Operatives?"

I'm still waiting for the long promised video of you stomping people. Part of that is sarcastic but the other part is that I really want to see it.

Believe it or not, with this nerf, I might switch back to Concealment, since I'm crazy like that.

I think they're smart enough to realize it, but it it's a lot more prudent to see how much the environment changes first rather than make further tweaks based purely on forecast that most of the playerbase are unlikely to understand.

Also, they're clearly trying to lengthen ttk's. It wouldn't be very smart to make class changes that work to shorten ttk's in the same patch. They will likely look to tweak dps ops/scoundrels in alternative ways if they deem it necessary later on. Or, they might tweak competing classes instead...hard to say.

The relic/adrenal changes are probably good for the game as a whole as long as they stay commited to solid class balance going forward.

I'm not sure what to say.

Good Operative's can do 30-50% of my HP in just the knockdown and I'm a Tank. I can only imagine what you can do to other classes.

This is kind of how I feel right now. I have 3 operatives(different servers of course) and a scoundrel. I don't "need" relics and adrenals to kill. I like using them, sure, but they are not needed for me to win confrontations. Relics and adrenals are just a bonus to dmg I get a few times per WZ for easier kills. I can drop people quite reliably without the use of "bonus" items. It will be business as usual for me...

I think they're smart enough to realize it, but it it's a lot more prudent to see how much the environment changes first rather than make further tweaks based purely on forecast that most of the playerbase are unlikely to understand.

Also, they're clearly trying to lengthen ttk's. It wouldn't be very smart to make class changes that work to shorten ttk's in the same patch. They will likely look to tweak dps ops/scoundrels in alternative ways if they deem it necessary later on. Or, they might tweak competing classes instead...hard to say.

The relic/adrenal changes are probably good for the game as a whole as long as they stay commited to solid class balance going forward.

This nerf makes me actually want to form a team of stunlocking operatives. I'm not even Concealment spec and it pisses me off.

Adrenals that were craftable by Biochemists before 1.3 can no longer be used in PvP Areas.

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean all crafted biochem adrenals that are not included in 1.3 cannot be used in warzones? I know this is not what they explicitly state however this is very similar wording they used when they also introduced the removal of the armoring slot for PvP gear and then it never transfered set bonus' except for the new items.

With this what I am thinking they are doing is completely removing re-usable adrenals. To me this is an okay move, however with this move they must drastically change the amount of adrenals made per resource as making all the new adrenals to fill the demand will be insane, and not to mention pricy.

Biochemists can now craft a version of Warzone Adrenals. The grade 6 crafting PvP box provides enough materials to craft 20-40 of these adrenals.

Warzone Expertise Adrenals have been renamed to Warzone Adrenals. The item now only provides PvP Damage Reduction and does not boost healing or damage.

Adrenals that were craftable by Biochemists before 1.3 can no longer be used in PvP areas. Biochemists can now craft a version of the Warzone Adrenal.

The duration of the Warzone Adrenal has been reduced to 15 seconds (down from 25) to match the duration of other Adrenals.[/Quote]

^ We have made warzone adrenals useless and made you able to craft them, have fun. Granted Concealment operatives could NEVER make use of them properly as using a warzone adrenal broke stealth, so how I feel about it... meh, at least now I won't deal with other people using them for great damage redux + damage bonus.

Attack Adrenals now reduce healing done by 20% when active.

I actually like this, as the healing adrenal and attack adrenal had the same "bonus" before this actually gives a reason to use the healing adrenal.

Relics that have effects activated "on hit" no longer cause players to remain in combat longer than expected during PvP.

Yay we might be able to restealth properly!

The "on use" abilities on relics can no longer be used inside Warzones. PvP relics (such as the Recruit, Battlemaster, and War hero relics) now have passive boosts to the same stats that the "on use" ability affected.New relics that offer "on hit" triggered abilities are now available from PvP vendors.

Gigantic nerf to burst ability of operative lessening its usefulness on the field. Although many classes needed a nerf to their burst potential due to their amazing utility in the game, the operative should have thus been buffed in some way to counteract this change to remain a valuable member of a team. Also the addition of new pvp relics that have a chance to do random additional damage really makes me wonder why bioware is dumbing down on demand use items in favor of more random statistics. In any competitive game this is the opposite way to go.

Players can now choose to enable a predictive tab targeting indicator, which will display an icon next to the enemy next in line for tab targeting.

The predictive targeting indicator is now available even if the player has nameplates disabled.

Know what is better than that? bindable hotkeys to target specific icons placed on enemies... just saying. I however don't even use tab target *shrug* its way to unpredictable whereas a melee class can just run towards the target they way and use "nearest target" which will work much better than *choose random target infront of me*

The Warzone Scorecard now properly displays the pre-match countdown.

Finally! Now I can tab in peace and see the correct time to come back to the match.

Lastly my thoughts on the ranked warzones all became dashed when I heard that there would be no cross server queues as there are not a sufficient amount of players to even rate people properly with most servers being at such a low population. That has dashed my hopes of coming back anytime soon, and notched with the nerf to my favorite spec has severely depressed me. Severely outgearing people before I had halted my payment in warhero gear I was barely keeping pace with other DPS classes that only had battlemaster and not even tweaked mods, where as mine were heavily modified and augmented. So basically I would like to say thank you to bioware, I really wanted to play and enjoy your game. I was very attached to the world and the characters however you have finally made my class and the game horrible enough for me to finally divorce it and for that I thank you.

This is kind of how I feel right now. I have 3 operatives(different servers of course) and a scoundrel. I don't "need" relics and adrenals to kill. I like using them, sure, but they are not needed for me to win confrontations. Relics and adrenals are just a bonus to dmg I get a few times per WZ for easier kills. I can drop people quite reliably without the use of "bonus" items. It will be business as usual for me...

As soon as you step in a WZ against 8 people team as a part of a 8 people team as Concealment Operative you will feel the impact.

Operatives show their weakness when opponents know how to play.

If they're nerfing our burst again (albeit indirectly) could they at least reduce the cd on explosive probe? A 30 second wait for a decent in-combat rotation is annoying. In competetive play getting out of combat for hidden strike is likely going to be few and far between if you're actually playing the objective and making yourself useful.

Subscriptions are safe for now, they have been toned down to prevent people stunlocking+unsubbing. When subscriptions fall again, expect another Operative/Scoundrel nerf.

They are justified and needed.

wrong wrong wrong

The adrenal lasted 25 seconds, not sure who you people were fighting but no 1 fight lasts that long. It will have a greater effect on AOE and sustained DPS classes.....Hopefully this will mean that when BW next look at their metrics they will increase OPs burst damage which without adrenals and relics won't seem as high

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.