The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

when are Bounty Hunters going to be able to.... Hunt Bounties?

Talarchy

I was suprised to learn back at launch there was zero bounty system in SWTOR. This was a feature that made sense in other games like Starwars Galaxies and gave bounty hunters a sense of purpose.

Has anyone seen any notes or anything that would indicate that Bioware are thinking about adding bounties for... bounty hunters?

I know, call me crazy right...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, because the bounties encourage griefing.

Bountys are Based on grief, in movies, in real life, it is Grief.

Personally i enjoy it, just id like it to be for all classes, thats like saying only sorcs can pvp and agents can do ops.

last i hear this was on their 'wall of stuff to do'. like with guild ships, so not programmed yet(probably) and a good bit away.

i dont think it'll be restricted to bounty hunters though. i think everyone will be able to set a bounty and anyone can claim it.

last i hear this was on their 'wall of stuff to do'. like with guild ships, so not programmed yet(probably) and a good bit away.

i dont think it'll be restricted to bounty hunters though. i think everyone will be able to set a bounty and anyone can claim it.

that would be cool if I could set a bounty for say 15K Credits to kill a sith or jedi

When all classes get speical content, no class should hsve something no one else has in the game, mostly a free pass to grief.. /shrug

Personally I think this is what they ought to have done for dailies.

Smugglers get smuggling missions. Agents get spy missions. Troopers get assault missions.

As for the glowbat brigade: Sith can kick babies and Jedi can rescue kittens.

When all classes get speical content, no class should hsve something no one else has in the game, mostly a free pass to grief.. /shrug

Don't bounty hunters have the special ability "cake mode" for easy leveling :D

i cant see why there couldnt be a bounty system for taking down npcs, doing it for players is too sporadic if its limited to active quests available within your log, it would require a world with no flashpoints or operations, no safe havens like fleets if its the other side and would be limited mostly to max level players only due to none lap over of areas when leveling not to mention finding and getting to the person whilst your online and there online. Edited by Shingara

Never, because the bounties encourage griefing.

If the system is designed by halfwits, then yes it could be a griefing aspect.. or you could look it as another exciting aspect to the everdull PVP scenario.

Generally I find when people consider BH or bounties to be griefing (or grieving, w/e) they most likely were locked in thier house at some point and being camped by a Bounty hunter, and in that case you should have grown a pair and gone outside and cleared the bounty.

I don't understand what you mean, that's all the bounty hunters do during their class quests....

Igree with this it is the class wuest... However a daily at lvl 50 would be awesomw that spawns a random instanced area on any planet that we could go and hunt a bounty on would be cool to keep up the whole bounty hunter thing.... This could be done for all classes with a random class specific daily quest.

Igree with this it is the class wuest... However a daily at lvl 50 would be awesomw that spawns a random instanced area on any planet that we could go and hunt a bounty on would be cool to keep up the whole bounty hunter thing.... This could be done for all classes with a random class specific daily quest.

yeah man that sounds so much fun. i want to play an MMO where everyday i get to go into an instance and kill an NPC.

so pointless. why not just pretend one of the many derps you have to kill during your black hole dailies are for bounties?

We will never see player bounties because we have too many carebears who will whine about getting griefed on PvP servers. :rolleyes:

Sad but true :/

Quote: Originally Posted by Brodysmith

I don't understand what you mean, that's all the bounty hunters do during their class quests....

No, I mean hunt real people.... not NPC's.

Example... (borrowing some familiar game mechanics here)

Imagine... SWTOR has an open world PVP that actually works (ok... have you imagined that? good..)

Now, in this fairy PVP land, When someone unceremoniously ganks you, you have the ability to place a bounty on their head before you respawn. Then, the Bounty hunters go to the imaginary BH terminal on the fleet and all compete for the system bounties. The higher the bounty on a player, the more he or she will most likely get hunted - but this was the fun.

Now, if you wanted to keep the kiddies happy, you have no same-faction hunting, because yes this can cause a bit of unrest in the Empire.

Got to play another game to do that....1313

Altho I did like the Bounty Hunting stories during the leveling up phase, it was pretty cool. Don't tell Danny I said that cause I don't like that guy. :o

Edited by Tricky-Ha

Personally I think this is what they ought to have done for dailies.

Smugglers get smuggling missions. Agents get spy missions. Troopers get assault missions.

As for the glowbat brigade: Sith can kick babies and Jedi can rescue kittens.

LOL :) Clever! I like it!

Sad but true :/

No, I mean hunt real people.... not NPC's.

Example... (borrowing some familiar game mechanics here)

Imagine... SWTOR has an open world PVP that actually works (ok... have you imagined that? good..)

Now, in this fairy PVP land, When someone unceremoniously ganks you, you have the ability to place a bounty on their head before you respawn. Then, the Bounty hunters go to the imaginary BH terminal on the fleet and all compete for the system bounties. The higher the bounty on a player, the more he or she will most likely get hunted - but this was the fun.

Now, if you wanted to keep the kiddies happy, you have no same-faction hunting, because yes this can cause a bit of unrest in the Empire.

Welcome to over a year ago in early beta

Got to play another game to do that....1313

Altho I did like the Bounty Hunting stories during the leveling up phase, it was pretty cool. Don't tell Danny I said that cause I don't like that guy. :o

1313 is an MMO?

No, I would prefer starwars to be like starwars should be.

This almost feels like a disney version.

I was suprised to learn back at launch there was zero bounty system in SWTOR. This was a feature that made sense in other games like Starwars Galaxies and gave bounty hunters a sense of purpose.

Has anyone seen any notes or anything that would indicate that Bioware are thinking about adding bounties for... bounty hunters?

I know, call me crazy right...

Agree also smugglers should be able to smuggle? Even in Privateer in 1993 players could smuggle contraband to planets to earn credits. So much unexplored