Price of New Expansion Pack

Enderet

Sounds like they're planning anywhere from $9.99-$29.99 for this content, depending on what they put in it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Since Bioware doesn't even use that survey site.. Way to post one not used by them.. Every survey from Bioware I have been a part of is through survey monkey..

This is not an expac.. Check your sources next time.. This will be free content.. This is why we pay subscriptions.. Also there was no mention of 3 months free game time.. Also no mention on some 10 day head start?? This thing is totally bogus..

Did you happen to notice from that survey??

Kowakian Monkey Lizard similar to Salacious B. Crumb from the classic Star Wars movies

Not to mention an Ewok companion??

Seriously dude.. How could you possibly take this seriously??

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Bioware doesn't even use that survey site.. Way to post one not used by them.. Every survey from Bioware I have been a part of is through survey monkey..

This is not an expac.. Check your sources next time.. This will be free content.. This is why we pay subscriptions.. Also there was no mention of 3 months free game time.. Also no mention on some 10 day head start?? This thing is totally bogus..

Kowakian Monkey Lizard similar to Salacious B. Crumb from the classic Star Wars movies

Bioware does work with Magid.

And look at the various SKUs listed.

We'll see. Either way I'd be willing to pay $5 per level cap increase. So if the new cap is level 55, I could justify spending $25 for that "mini-expansion". Much cheaper than WoW's $60 expansions.

We'll see. Either way I'd be willing to pay $5 per level cap increase. So if the new cap is level 55, I could justify spending $25 for that "mini-expansion". Much cheaper than WoW's $60 expansions.

I thought WoW expansions have been $40 each.

Bioware does work with Magid.

And look at the various SKUs listed.

Did you look at the link??

It is from surveysonline.com.. I have never seen them use them as a survey hosting service.. I also saw no SKU's.. So I don't know what you are looking at.. A SKU is usually a number.. Kinda like the one found on the back of the box of the currect versions.. Right under the barcode..

Edited by MajikMyst

Dude.. It is free.. There has been no mention from Bioware about any expansion.. The video is on this site if you don't believe me..

I am glad you would be willing to pay that.. Be happy that you won't have to..

Edited by MajikMyst

Did you look at the link??

It is from surveysonline.com.. I have never seen them use them as a survey hosting service.. I also saw no SKU's.. So I don't know what you are looking at.. A SKU is usually a number.. Kinda like the one found on the back of the box of the currect versions.. Right under the barcode..

Are you trolling?

It says Magid, right there... on every page of the survey. The term SKU is in 10 out of the 14 pages.

Please get your facts straight OP, they never stated it was an expansion. For all we know this could be a big content patch down the line 1.5 or 1.6, so keep your speculations for yourself - also, this was just a glimpse of what they have in their pipeline at this moment, they probably have much more down the line.

I just do not understand this.

A new operation and a warzone and a companion and an extra 5 levels of content and you call that an "Expansion Pack"?

Please.

It's added content. None of these survey links work anymore so I can't see this survey people are talking about but if they DID have a price question in there, I'd wager the response they got was "HELL NO WE WON'T PAY FOR IT" and have nixed that plan at the moment.

When they charge for an expansion, it better have some SERIOUS goods in it.

None of these survey links work anymore so I can't see this survey people are talking about...

I just clicked the link on the original post and it still works. Dulfy has it linked on her website as well.

Edited by Enderet

BioWare is in no position to charge extra* for this kind of content right now.

They should be mending fences and fixing their game rather than looking for ways to gouge loyal customers.

If it is a paid expansion then I'll be cancelling my subscription and I know I'm not the only one. The game has huge potential once it's out of "beta" but right now there are simply better games at better value on the market.

It would be such a shame if this is the case.

* Including 90 days of free game time in a $9.99 deal isn't extra, and is of course a good deal, but in the surveys that is far from the only option.

Edited by goatfoam

^

What he said, the details announced and the trailer released are cited as "this year" so only timescale is by December 31st.

That's not necessarily the case. "This year" could be used as a phrase meaning the same thing as "within a year of announcement". I'm not claiming this is a common construction but it would not be considered a lie if the content came out on 5/10/13. "This calendar year" has a much more defined meaning.

If I had to guess, they'd probably try to make in coincide with the first anniversary.

BW last year allready stated in some post ive saw that they would not charge for expansion packs. All the upcoming content will be allways considered a normal content patch update.

If that's true, and they never charge for an expansion (or a mini-expansion as this looks like), then I will be ecstatic! I can imagine Blizzard would be pretty damn pissed at them for giving us free expansions though ....lol. :D

It's a free content update, expansions for MMOs are bigger and more advertised.

The red word isn't true though, they clearly intend for the few people that still play to pay for 1.4. (since that is basicly what this "expansion" is).

The same happened to WAR, altough slightly worse, no real new content but EA was happy to sell a progression patch for PvP that didn't really add anything.

My take on it, they're rushing out whatever is left in development before putting the game in maintenance mode.

Edited by Tkerzis

The red word isn't true though, they clearly intend for the few people that still play to pay for 1.4. (since that is basicly what this "expansion" is).

The same happened to WAR, altough slightly worse, no real new content but EA was happy to sell a progression patch for PvP that didn't really add anything.

My take on it, they're rushing out whatever is left in development before putting the game in maintenance mode.

This would be 2.0 by December. Long after 1.4 has come and gone.

If this was an expansion, they would've said. This looks like it will be just an upcoming major update which by the look of the features, looks quite amazing. For an update, I can see why many may be confused thinking this would be paid (which again they would've said if it would cost players). Edited by Vitas

Do you remember how much they charged for that PvP DLC for WAR? I didnt play it myself.

So I looked it up, and yes... when Bioware Mythic released their mini-expansion pack for WAR, they called it the RvR pack, and sold it for 15 dollars. Its scarce features, kinda sound like what is being offered in the Makeb Mission pack.

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

Lets keep this thread constructive!

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

For those that havent seen the trailer:

These are the new features:

Here is the survey sent to people, that I referenced:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

I remember BW stating before the release of SWTOR or shortly after, that they probably wouldn't charge any additional fees for expantion packs at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.