Unofficial Count - Unsubs after 6 month/free time

Algaram

you realize that the beta test was not to play the game to determine if you wanted to buy it or not..it was to test it for bugs..

maybe if more people actually tested the game instead of tried to power through as much as they could have we might have less problems with bugs:P

yes i know lots were reported and many were ignored by devs.. not exucsing them.. they need to fix them and should have listened. .b ut posts like yours make me wonder who exactly was testing, and not trying the game out..

Huh are you really that naive... of course Beta is a hook.. yes its a way of getting the gasme tested live, stress testing certain things like servers blah blah.. but its a marketing hook more than anything, it allows them to take a look into the demand of a game not just the quality of it under pressure of live....

Playstyle and speed and very litle relevance when testing.. I can run the same planet on two identical toons but at different pace.. I still do all the same things, get the same things, kill the same things, travel the same rails... cos ya see the planets never change what is there, is there and nothing you do alters that.. so once its tested its tested, Im not going to spend hours going back and forth to check, double check etc etc... Beta testing was only soo long ya know... and incase you missed it, many of the game bugs that were stick outs were at high level / endgame etc where fewer players got enough time to get there in beta.... we dont all sit on the game 24/7 ya know.

Post like yours speak volumes...

Edited by Bloodstealer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in less then 24 hours there has been about 33-35 people that have posted that they will not be playing the game any longer within the next month or two when sub stops. :eek:

Just think about that for a second these post are only the people that are still trolling forums and people that had the b@lls to be honest.

What about everyone else, the ones that aren't on the forums ect... ect...

That just sounds scary to me that there wont be anyone left for trans/merges

SO in cunclusion Plz PLZ we beg of you give us some solid info to go on. There is another post about "Hope"

and hope is what the few of us left need.

If this is a dailey trend of about 35 people quitiing/unsubing think off what the numbers really are :eek:

So in less then 24 hours there has been about 33-35 people that have posted that they will not be playing the game any longer within the next month or two when sub stops. :eek:

Just think about that for a second these post are only the people that are still trolling forums and people that had the b@lls to be honest.

What about everyone else, the ones that aren't on the forums ect... ect...

That just sounds scary to me that there wont be anyone left for trans/merges

SO in cunclusion Plz PLZ we beg of you give us some solid info to go on. There is another post about "Hope"

and hope is what the few of us left need.

If this is a dailey trend of about 35 people quitiing/unsubing think off what the numbers really are :eek:

From what I heard from someone who knows one of the recently unemployed (maybe its just sour grapes but it was pretty detailed to be made up) SWTOR was losing 5 to 7 thousand subs a day, that the number of subs when they were laid off was closer to 1 million and that there would likely be another round of layoffs when they hit 750,000 subs.

Oh and I'm just waiting for my time to run out as well.

Bought 6 month sub at launch (as well as early August pre-order), cancelled a few weeks after 1.2. Free time runs out mid august and I'm not planning on resubbing unless they /fix PvP. Also, haven't played in a few weeks due to lack of motivation for logging in due to the rest of my guild doing the exact same thing. Edited by KyramMereel

I have 14 days left and I will be resubing. What other MMO's are out that are worth mentioning? Thats right. NONE! They offer nothing that appeals to me other than graphical detail, but that is not even close to hold my attention longer than 5 seconds.:ph_win:

What exactly are you guys doing in-game that has convinced you to stick around? My server was completely dead last time I logged in over a month ago. It was impossible to find people to run FPs with... and there's nothing else but grinding dailies and repeating world quests.

thought I already posted here, but maybe not...

unsubbed, will periodically check back to see if they've listed changes I would want.

Also, once it goes F2P, will definitely swing by and check it out...

6 months sub with 48 days left, didnt hit lvl 50-no xtra time. I am pretty miffed with BW on thier lack of action and my stupidity in thinking they would handle this better / buying 6 months. I'll resub, if some how they make it up to me and everyone else soonish. If not, I don't know if I'll get over wasting $165 on DX game + time.

P.S. 1.3 doesnt look like much.

Edited by GreatGarth

So only haters come to the forum? What does that make you--besides "not normal," I mean.

Check your logic. If there are red and blue marbles and I say "the marbles outside the jar are blue", then this does not imply that all marbles inside the jar are red.

If you want to make an argument that "haters" (your term, not mine) are not attracted to this forum, please go ahead.

If you don't like the game, then quit, clearly you don't like the game, it's not holding any appeal to you and it makes you come onto the forums to make pointless threads like this, let your time run out, unsub, go play something else and maybe check back later when the game is more stable, me I enjoy the game, and continue to play, when I get bored with the game, then I'll unsub and take a break from it and possibly come back if there's interesting stuff added. Simple stuff really.:jawa_cool:

stop trying 2 do end game right now is what i would have to say lvl up some new chars for fun and wait for 1.3 and see what some others do then move 2 a server with lots of people and try your hand in some endgame or wait for who knows how long when they do some server merges :/ thats what im waiting for cuz i dont like 2 move lol

Never buy 6 month subscription plans for any mmorpg. If the company nerfs your class, fails to deliver content on time or drops content like what wow did to the abyssal maw raid, or host of other problems, you can just cancel your subscription in protest. Plus, you save money.

I bought two 6 month subscription for my two wow accounts last year and I probably spent less than 10 hours combined on both accounts. That's what I call a waste of money.

Edited by Knockerz

Never buy 6 month subscription plans for any mmorpg. If the company nerfs your class, fails to deliver content on time or drops content like what wow did to the abyssal maw raid, or host of other problems, you can just cancel your subscription in protest. Plus, you save money.

I bought two 6 month subscription for my two wow accounts last year and I probably spent less than 10 hours combined on both accounts. That's what I call a waste of money.

Quoting this for truth, you bought a 6 month sub, that's your own damn fault.

I have enjoyed this game greatly, but I pay month to month in case well I get bored, which happens with a lot of games.

I have been with this game from day one have a lot of characters I have created and played, but I have decided when my free month ends on the 18th to take a break. I may wait for a few updates to get released before coming back, but I will be back.

The sad thing is that I am not the only one who fines that things have stalled a bit with the game. I know other friends who are doing the same. Enjoy the game, but development is slow and they want to see the game evolve before paying more.:rak_03:

I paid for a 6month and will likely not resub under any circumstance. I don't see how the game is going to keep my interest much longer given how linear, and easy, the lvling process is. As for the end-game: raiding is just OK, there is zero world PvP to speak of, and even though I don't engage in it all that often, for those that care, there is no ranked PvP.

Great single player game for the first go around, but idk how this game has much replay value via class story lines. I have been trying to talk myself into why this game has a chance to keep my interest, but I have yet to come up with a viable reason.

I remember a time when the servers were filled with trolls, people telling the trolls to **** off, more than 3 people were on the Republic Fleet. you found a group for a heroic,flashpoint, or an OP fast, server ques I miss them so much but the server *********** Fatman took everyone and our servers our stuck on Light or Standard. EA better hope they can make 1.3 soon and finish it or else the so dense populated game that used to have loads of subs is gonna become a wasteland that no one wants to be in or have anything to do with. It pains me to say it but I gotta bad feeling about this game. Maybe one day the servers will be Heavy population and have server ques, but until then it's a dream we can reach for, but cannot grasp.

I have cancelled my subscription as well and it is not without much sadness. I had high hopes for this game however the combination many factors concerning the game has led me to believe that it is no longer worth subscribing. My free month runs out in a few weeks and the second account I had purchased for my son runs out just before my free month.