Powertechs need a buff

Makktenn

I never see powertechs top in WZ damage; kills, etc. Mauraders and operatives still own the battles along with sorcs. Powertech is only good at single target DPS now with the 1.2 changes to death from above and even with that our CC and distance closers are terrible. Unless your largely ignore in battle you'll have a hard time getting close enough to do real damage.

- Tanking specs destroyed in 1.2; all defenses are pretty much useless in PVP and now that hybrid specs are nerfed there is no option middle ground.

- Cool downs for grapple are super long unless you spec the tank spec

- No charge option with DPS spec even though majority of skills are 10m

I never see powertechs top in WZ damage; kills, etc. Mauraders and operatives still own the battles along with sorcs. Powertech is only good at single target DPS now with the 1.2 changes to death from above and even with that our CC and distance closers are terrible. Unless your largely ignore in battle you'll have a hard time getting close enough to do real damage.

- Tanking specs destroyed in 1.2; all defenses are pretty much useless in PVP and now that hybrid specs are nerfed there is no option middle ground.

You sir, obviously dont play a viable pvp server.

*ahem*

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They have some of the highest potential burst damage in the game. They put ops to shame and that class is designed to be a burst class LOL.

Edited by Raansu

*ahem*

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"" lol

*ahem*

They have some of the highest potential burst damage in the game. They put ops to shame and that class is designed to be a burst class LOL.

I LOL'd.

While the survivability of a PT is one of the worst in game, they are by no means in need of a buff. Marauders, assassins are MUCH better than PT's, but those classes need to be nerfed rather than buffing PT's.

If anything, burst from PT's could use a nerf along with adding quality defensive abilities for the PT as a substitute.

Let's break this down by the numbers.

1. I'm normally one of if not the top damager in my WZ. I'm only halfway through gearing up in Battlemaster gear. It's not because I'm a super mega awesome player, either. I just try to get right into the action and I'm fond of helping other players gang up on single players. Burning down players one at a time versus everyone going one-on-one saves time. Granted, I'm also fond of camping a node and spamming Flame Sweep to keep the enemy off of it, which can grab me and extra 5k every button push if I'm surrounded, but still.

2. Powertech can do crazy AoE damage....with Advanced Prototype. The Flamethrower and Flame Sweep buffs can burn down PvE mobs like nobodiy's business. But AP is not a viable PvP spec because it's so stationary. You will never see that in a WZ unless a Sniper and Sorc decide to stack AoEs on a node and your entire team stands in it like derp-derps.

3. No CC and distance closers you say? I say Grapple and to hell with the CD. Bonus points if you yank them into the acid and fire pits on Huttball. That's my favorite trick by far. And no one should be running away if your sporting Combustible Gas, since it throws on a snare every tick of DPS. Charge is for tanks to pull threat with and for Jedi/Sith to feel good about themselves. Bounty Hunters and Troopers only need some firearms and a target. Have some pride, man! If Grapple's on CD, hit Unload and let your buddy have a turn. Yes, you'll have a buddy, this is PvP.

4. Incendiary Missle, Rail Shot, Thermal Grenade, Rocket Punch, Rail Shot proc. If that rotation doesn't get someone's attention you either need better gear or you're picking on a legally retarded individual and you're a horrible person for doing so.

Any chance on this alternate universe server that Commando Grav spammers are the top dogs ?

Lol I regularly top dps charts in WZs even though I am in almost all BM gear (WH weapon). I do wish we had another defensive cooldown, since we are a tank AC, but whatever.

I do know that I have a big issue with Snipers/Slingers now, they are the new Mara/Sents of the pvp world.

You did see the post a guy just made of a PT Pyro doing 1million damage right?