media drive

dvd burner drive with roxio

blu ray and burner drive

23 inch awoptx 3d display

nvidia 3d glasses and reciever

alienware tactx keyboard

standard alienware mouse

original box, cds, instructions for pc.

no wear on keyboard, monitor, glasses, computer.

all cords along with pc

about 3 years of full protection dell warranty

I'm looking to sell it because I'm going away to college and need a laptop

It's not worth it to game on a laptop, in my opinion. A desktop is a better investment as you can upgrade it.

I know but I wont be able to use this for the next four years because of all the space it takes up

besides its college its not like im gonna game all that much but id still like to have the opportunity

Edited by Beevman

Yeah $800 is about right for that setup, a lot of people won't pay that though for it because next gen video cards and processors are out now that outperform that setup. Your best bet actually would be to sell the monitor/glasses separately, then get what you can for the PC itself. The problem your facing is that anyone looking for high end components like that are going to buy next gen at this point since Ivy Bridge is same price as Sandy Bridge and can support PCI Express 3.0. The other problem your facing is it's made by Dell, which aren't known for making very good quality PC's, thus w/ the non-transferable warranty will be hard to find a buyer.

I remember when I was in college with my Compaq intel 230ghz with a 256mb ram card playing Red Alert online. So, yes, if I could play football, take a full course load and play online while in college back in the mid 90's, you can as well. Its college, whats the worse thing that could happen if you miss a few classes?

$800 is about right.

the Dell warranty is non transferable last i checked.

Exactly. I wouldn't buy it period, because of non-transferring warranty. I've been through too many parts breaking not too long after I bought them, that I make sure I get components with good warranties. No, I do not OC. I am very meticulous with how well I keep my tower clean and cool. Been through too many bad Motherboards that are just bad from the factory.

Alienware - known for making overpriced computers.

If you would just build your own system, you would probably save more than half your money, just saying.

But since you bought/ or going to buy the system.

* I am going to guess it costs $2,500

--------------

Did a little web searching and it seems I hit the average.

Its costs between $2,200 to $3,400..... lol

Edited by Valperion

You guys are smoking crack...

The GTX 570 is a $400 card and the 590 sits around 400+ (regardless of brand) The CPU is about $250-300. The ram regardless if cheap or not is still sitting about $50 for 8gb - $150 for 8gb.

The system regardless of how old it is will still handle anything out right now or coming out. Hell, My dual gtx 460's (SLI) can handle anything out right now maxed out. The fact that new GPU's and MOBO's are coming out, have came out, or might come out, when he has sitting in his system is still top tier.

It has Win 7, (prob an OEM version) but still thats worth $99-$199

As far as a waranty, lol if you build your own system, there is no waranty any way which is what a majority of people who are commenting on here have done. Dude, you might not get what you paid for it, but you can get more than $800. You can go to any military base and get that much without even trying to sell it. Place it on cregslist and see what you can get.

The GTX 570 is a $400 card and the 590 sits around 400+ (regardless of brand) The CPU is about $250-300. The ram regardless if cheap or not is still sitting about $50 for 8gb - $150 for 8gb.

The system regardless of how old it is will still handle anything out right now or coming out. Hell, My dual gtx 460's (SLI) can handle anything out right now maxed out. The fact that new GPU's and MOBO's are coming out, have came out, or might come out, when he has sitting in his system is still top tier.

As far as a waranty, lol if you build your own system, there is no waranty any way which is what a majority of people who are commenting on here have done. Dude, you might not get what you paid for it, but you can get more than $800. You can go to any military base and get that much without even trying to sell it. Place it on cregslist and see what you can get.

thanks for being 1 of the first serious posters, obviously it is more than 800 dollars. the monitor itself is worth 450 seeing as it was just replaced brand new, the 590 gtx is still the best graphics card out there unless the 7990 or 690 gtx were already released, the cpu is way overkill for anything gaming out there today and was all about 3700 at purchase not to long ago.

I looked at similar ones without the monitor going for around 2500 at different places refurbished. I was just seeing others opinion.

Yep your right, I take back what I said.

I still have warranty on each individual part I built my PC with. So I don't know what you are on about with no warranty. Though, I just wouldn't buy his Alienware anyways. $800 is reasonable. Everything is used. Just because those core components cost the value you have stated, doesn't mean they retain their value if they already have hours of use.

Even the monitor is not worth the value it was when it was brand new.

Edited by monkgryphon

ill give you the graphics card and the ram for that :p

Guess what I do for a job? build your fancy Alienware laptops. Guess what? they are the same cheap components we use in the other Dells.

You do realize we put a mark-up of over 400% on them? The custom casing is actually the biggest cost in the entire unit.

$800 was being pretty generous :/

You would have to pay me to own an Alienware. They're overpriced junk. You're paying for a name and a pretty case. A name that isn't even valid anymore since it's basically a Dell now. I have a reputation to maintain and no self respecting geek would be seen with one of those without compensation.

Guess what I do for a job? build your fancy Alienware laptops. Guess what? they are the same cheap components we use in the other Dells.

You do realize we put a mark-up of over 400% on them? The custom casing is actually the biggest cost in the entire unit.

$800 was being pretty generous :/

See? Even Dell knows how much Dell sucks. :rolleyes:

$800 is reasonable. Everything is used. Just because those core components cost the value you have stated, doesn't mean they retain their value if they already have hours of use.

Even the monitor is not worth the value it was when it was brand new.

Warranties generally aren't transferable. Plus there's Moore's law making computers depreciate faster than a snow cone in the desert. Generally you're lucky to get a quarter of what you paid for a used computer and that's if it's still pretty new and you find a sucker. $800 is too much.

As far as a waranty, lol if you build your own system, there is no waranty any way which is what a majority of people who are commenting on here have done.

Ignorance like that is the only thing keeping prebuilt computer companies in business. Any quality part comes with its own warranty. Only difference is you're having the manufacturer replace it instead of the retailer if it dies.

Edited by Jandia

for just the computer/parts about 1k-1.3k thats if you buy and put it together yourself.

the other stuff i couldnt tell ya.

you could order all the parts you need for the pc/parts from http://www.newegg.com if you know how to put everything together will be much much cheaper then an overrated alienware desktop.

considering your are looking to buy this pc and not selling it. here is my setup.

intel core i7 2600k $299.99

8 gigs g.skill ripjaws ddr3 pc1333 $42.99

asus dvd/cd burner $17.99

msi p67a-c43 (b3) stepping $150.99

gtx 570 superclocked $294.99

1gig wd black hd 64mb cache $119.99

850 watt thermaltake black widow psu $129.99

antec pc case $54.99

estimated value but not exact and not including taxes and shipping

i run swtor everything high, bf3 ultra everything, skyrim ultra everything, and all games on 1920X1080 flawlessly

Edited by tumpai

please be serious

Bah, you take all the fun out of it.

I was going to come in and say "But wait. there's more. Call in the next 10 minutes and we'll throw in a set of steak knives absolutely free" but I have to be serious. /grumble.

I'd offer $800 also.

You would definitly make more selling each part individually. Selling ot as a package with the tag Alienware will turn away quiet a few potential buyers.

Your better of keeping it and upgrading the components when required.