Skilled players

Dozoku

remember what dks said when wotlk came out ? exactly the same .-) its the reason why there are so many fotmrerollers, because they really are convinced to have skill lol.

i think its annoying that the game favours them, only strenghtstuff around in the market, loot for them everywhere, especially 3 pieces out of 5 so far (60%) knightstuff in pvpbags on my only pvp alt lv26 !

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember what dks said when wotlk came out ? exactly the same .-) its the reason why there are so many fotmrerollers, because they really are convinced to have skill lol.

i think its annoying that the game favours them, only strenghtstuff around in the market, loot for them everywhere, especially 3 pieces out of 5 so far (60%) knightstuff in pvpbags on my only pvp alt lv26 !

Can you clarify yourself a bit better please? Really don't understand what you're saying.

As far as fotmrerollers, I notice a lot more new 50 assassins / PTs then I do marauders tbh.

marauders are the strongest 1v1 class because they didn't give us the same utility like other classes, pulls, knockbacks, guard, etc. In a group enviroment they aren't looking OP at all.

Everybody here pretends like the whole game is based upon 1v1 and that if you can't 1v1 every class something is wrong. What a joke.

I'm one of the best marauders there is. Just because anything but tanksins / shadows are absolute food doesn't mean that by making them worse for 1v1 fighting will balance them in an 8 man game. Please keep in mind that the game should be balanced as much as possible around 8 man vs 8 man, with the different things like CC, knockback, pull, blinds, stuns etc. meshing together to form balanced PVP, and not a game where every class needs to have the same tools so everybody can fairly 1v1 eachother.

One of the best marauders there is.........sure you are. Do you measure this by how well you can faceroll your keyboard? Did you just recently hop in the fotm band wagon and think you're pro?

On a side note, every class should be balanced 1v1 and be balanced out for 8v8 too. If not it's a bad pvp system. Which it is.

One of the best marauders there is.........sure you are. Do you measure this by how well you can faceroll your keyboard? Did you just recently hop in the fotm band wagon and think you're pro?

On a side note, every class should be balanced 1v1 and be balanced out for 8v8 too. If not it's a bad pvp system. Which it is.

Lolz i was about to quote him and say lies! my shadow tank in DPS gears full will power own a marauder. its all about the slow time/spin kick then knock back-------force stun if he breaks slow time again then tele.

Dont forget the KB's they have. One of em if talented flings you halfway across the map lol.

^^^ This

Quote: Originally Posted by Laksmanaya

Anyone saying about utility on a marauder/sentinel, tell me how it's worse than a commando/merc. 1 CC, 1 Mez, no root, no pull, no leap, 1 defense CD, no interrupt. Play one and tell me how marauders suck.

was in response to this!!!!!!!

Mara has no knockback. Lets play the telephone game some more and maybe maras will get nerfed and pyros will get their 2 months.

Edited by Crawelc

Maras/Sents do have one of the highest skill caps: to reach their potential, they require arguably more skill than any other class. It isn't too difficult to play a Mara/Sent to it's full potential. (Though I'd say 65% of those who play it fall way short.)

And when a Mara/Sent is played well, the class (i.e. it's toolset + dps) is significantly stronger than any other class in game.

----------

Suggestions:

- make Force Camo break on dmg + remove the -50% dmg taken (as is, it's far superior to true "stealth class's" vanish)

- cut the duration of Undying Rage by 50%

Edited by Cerdo_hormiguero

The OP must be very good at mathematics because he knows how to simplify things. He tells you do this, do that, and it is done. If you don't beat them, then 'l2p noob'. Nowhere in his post he states that marauders come in all shapes and sizes. Some even like to take 4k chunks of your hp with dots. They can stack up to 3 + 1 of these dots and the renewal of the dots is faster than your self cleanse if you are not a healer.

What the OP, yet again, fails to point out is that there are only a few ways of keeping the marauder off you and the cooldown is quite long. His post is not overly simplistic but also neglects other classes which suffer badly against a marauder. I, myself, have no complaint against marauders as I am a kinetic shadow with almost 1300 expertise but I see other classes simply having no chance against their attacks.

Just a few minutes ago, in alderaan, I pulled a marauder off someone whilst he was leaping to attack a squishy sage dps in my guild. The guy probably said *** when i caught him with my force pull halfway through his jump. With this move he picked someone on his own size and in a few seconds he popped his 'invisibility'. What he forgot is that I have it too with blackout and I found him. Then I stunned him in his undying rage and I killed him. Marauders are not OP, they are over arrogant and bullies. I got the bully whacker right here :D

Awesome. Not even ripping on the class, but the "type of people" who play the class.

R.A. Salvatore. That is why I picked a Marauder. Bullies are the 50's camping spawns on level 40 planets on the pretense that they are trying to draw out level 50's to fight.

So a class that can heal multiple people at a time, or damage multiple people at a time, should also do as much damage 1v1 as a class that CAN'T support or damage multiple people? You're either balanced 8v8 OR 1v1. If you are ever balanced in both, it means every class can do everything, and there are no roles.

Awesome. Not even ripping on the class, but the "type of people" who play the class.

R.A. Salvatore. That is why I picked a Marauder. Bullies are the 50's camping spawns on level 40 planets on the pretense that they are trying to draw out level 50's to fight.

wait... huh? So Salvatore is a bully or people on low ..... uhg. Is this a real quote? I missed your point is my point.

So a class that can heal multiple people at a time, or damage multiple people at a time, should also do as much damage 1v1 as a class that CAN'T support or damage multiple people? You're either balanced 8v8 OR 1v1. If you are ever balanced in both, it means every class can do everything, and there are no roles.

When we get that 31/31/31 spec we can heal and damage multiple people at a time and run fast as hell too!!!

Maras/Sents do have one of the highest skill caps: to reach their potential, they require arguably more skill than any other class. It isn't too difficult to play a Mara/Sent to it's full potential. (Though I'd say 65% of those who play it fall way short.)

And when a Mara/Sent is played well, the class (i.e. it's toolset + dps) is significantly stronger than any other class in game.

----------

Suggestions:

- make Force Camo break on dmg + remove the -50% dmg taken (as is, it's far superior to true "stealth class's" vanish)

- cut the duration of Undying Rage by 50%

False about force camo being > actual stealth. Real stealth classes can cleanse their DoTs before going into stealth and stealth removes them from combat. I would take out of combat DoT free over force camo any day of the week.

Yes, let's make Undying rage cost half of your hp for 2.5 seconds of 99% damage reduction. Because you know, since 3 GCDs isn't short enough, let's let it last for 1.

As far as well played marauders > all comment, well played assassins will kick a marauder's butt any day of the week as far as 1v1s go. Well played snipers will as well. If marauders truly were the godmode class of this game, then I'd win when I have 5 marauders on my team instead of losing every match with that many. Marauders are extremely easy to counter.

Heals are nice, 2 KBs are very nice, non-channeled stun, instant mez, 20% armor pen for your entire ops if arsenal, amazing snares in pyro, lackluster snares in arsenal.

Kbs are fairly undervalued, but they are quite nice for utility.

Okay, the heals might be one, but untalented it takes a long time to cast, which is easily interrupted every time (except against another of our class, since we DON'T have interrupt). The mez is instant only if you buff yourself beforehand, and the buff is very useful for other skills, otherwise it's a cast and is not an AoE mez. If you think about using arsenal/gunnery in PvP, go take a look on their forums, or better yet, try playing one. Arsenal/gunnery snare roots yourself, which makes it less than a snare (though you can always cancel the attack and waste ammo, damage, and cooldown for the 2 second snare). Amazing snares in pyro/assault happens only 16%, and that's only if you waste GCD doing a normal attack. Did I tell you that it only has 16% chance to be applied?

Knockbacks might be good, but only if you can get yourself in position. We have no root or speed up, so basically only knocks someone who comes to us, or fighting someone else. But then again, marauders/sentinels got leap which has a shorter cooldown. And our other knockback is only if we talent ourselves into the dreaded arsenal/gunnery spec.

Edited by Laksmanaya

Okay, the heals might be one, but untalented it takes a long time to cast, which is easily interrupted every time (except against another of our class, since we DON'T have interrupt). The mez is instant only if you buff yourself beforehand, and the buff is very useful for other skills, otherwise it's a cast and is not an AoE mez. If you think about using arsenal/gunnery in PvP, go take a look on their forums, or better yet, try playing one. Arsenal/gunnery snare roots yourself, which makes it less than a snare (though you can always cancel the attack and waste ammo, damage, and cooldown for the 2 second snare). Amazing snares in pyro/assault happens only 16%, and that's only if you waste GCD doing a normal attack. Did I tell you that it only has 16% chance to be applied?

Knockbacks might be good, but only if you can get yourself in position. We have no root or speed up, so basically only knocks someone who comes to us, or fighting someone else. But then again, marauders/sentinels got leap which has a shorter cooldown. And our other knockback is only if we talent ourselves into the dreaded arsenal/gunnery spec.

Oh, I fully agree that it sucks to be a merc / commando in pvp atm. I got to valor 56 back in January before rolling a new 50 on my merc. Personally, I think it's lame that you have basically the same mobility as a marksmen sniper, but you don't gain the benefits of cover or roots or interrupt as Arsenal / Gunnery. Pyro was the only spec I really had fun on on my merc and idk, the kiting potential of it is kind of nice truth be told. 1.3 should hopefully be better for mercs/commandos because as of the moment, they're easily the weakest class in both PvE and PvP. Although, concealment operative may be worse, I don't play one and all the ones I knew spec'd to heals after 1.2.

I have no idea why people would want to trade Force Camo for the standard Vanish in PvP. Unlike mobs, no player magically forgets about your entire existence just because you vanished. The refresh is way quicker on Force Camo (45s), and it does some useful side effects. The effects that remove dots is a different effect (usually Force Shroud) and not an intrinsic part of the standard Vanish ability. Also, Force Camo doesn't start with the healing penalty which must be talented to removed (and not realistically reachable for certain specs). No matter how you look at it Force Camo is far superior to the Vanish the stealth classes get. Maybe it's intended that since Marauders can't do permanent stealth they get a better Vanish, so I won't try to argue which class ought to have the best Vanish, but Force Camo is definitely the best Vanish for PvP.

I have no idea why people would want to trade Force Camo for the standard Vanish in PvP. Unlike mobs, no player magically forgets about your entire existence just because you vanished. The refresh is way quicker on Force Camo (45s), and it does some useful side effects. The effects that remove dots is a different effect (usually Force Shroud) and not an intrinsic part of the standard Vanish ability. Also, Force Camo doesn't start with the healing penalty which must be talented to removed (and not realistically reachable for certain specs). No matter how you look at it Force Camo is far superior to the Vanish the stealth classes get. Maybe it's intended that since Marauders can't do permanent stealth they get a better Vanish, so I won't try to argue which class ought to have the best Vanish, but Force Camo is definitely the best Vanish for PvP.

I'd definitely much rather have a few force camous over one vanish (considering the cooldown).

the heals from a marauder is kinda bad, and you should not say class because it depends on which spec they are in to heal the party for 100-200.

I do realize that the DoT removal is not tied to the vanish ability, however both stealth classes do get it in the form of Force Shroud and Cure. Honestly, I'm not sure which I'd rather have for PvP between force camo and actual stealth / vanish. 4 seconds of 50% reduced damage + drop target is quite nice on a 45 second cooldown, however being able to pick my fights with actual stealth and being able to drop combat and out of combat heal is pretty nice. This is strictly from a solo queue / 1v1 perspective though.

Against a player like me in a 1v1 situation, I'd much rather have the 3 minute cooldown vanish so that I could get away and heal up on my own terms since a marauder using force camo on me will die pretty much as soon as it goes away when they resurface if they're lower hp which is common. However, force camo does have a lot more options to it for a marauder than a true stealth for how to use it, unfortunately without the marauder being designed around being an actual stealth class we won't know the full potential of it.

So tl;dr - Stealth classes are better off with vanish most likely, marauders are better off with force camo most likely since each class is designed around having those abilities rather than swapped.

Roots aren't effected by resolve. Only time they don't go off is if they're on an ability that can be parried/dodged/etc.. which is what all the marauder roots are on. Roots are different than stuns / mezzes though, so make sure you have your terminology right.

Mara disappearing = Force Camo, 4 second invis that doesn't drop you out of combat, 45 second cooldown.

Um.... my main root is tied to a cc and it does affect resolve. The only other root is a 31 point talent and you have to spend 5 points on a useless tier to get it. Basically, one to rely on to root you and it does affect resolve. While it is a problem with my class, you have to see that it's not as easy to stop mar/sen as you might think.

I knew about force camo, I was mearly trying to point out that you have tools as well. 4 seconds is plenty of time to get away if UDR is on CD.

The point is, you have too much defense and range mitigation for an offensive-based melee. How much is "too much"? IDK. I just think changing the CD on a few things would suffice without obliterating the class..