DPS Buffs Inbound

Lithy

More dps would be great...but I hope they look at the mechanics in how we deliver that dps. Would be great to be less reliant on casting in the arsenal tree, an interrupt would be great and some way to escape like the vanish that maruaders have. We are supposed to be heavey into tech and gadgest...and all we can muster is shooting burning fluid out a hose?

Any buff is good but as Hadlis said, an interrupt would be nice. Why does every other class get one except BH? I don't really have a problem with our DPS.

Tbh the only content that I cant do because I don't have an interrupt is soloing one of the sub-50 flashpoints.

Cant kill a boss without using an interrupt on his adds. Ofc he cant kill me but thats no help.

Still, total bs that we alone out of everyone are not allowed to interrupt.

Think someone had the same brilliant idea when they didn't let us have a battle res. Some kind of balance factor in a battle res?

Edited by Gyronamics

More dps would be great...but I hope they look at the mechanics in how we deliver that dps. Would be great to be less reliant on casting in the arsenal tree, an interrupt would be great and some way to escape like the vanish that maruaders have. We are supposed to be heavey into tech and gadgest...and all we can muster is shooting burning fluid out a hose?

Exactly. It's not changes to our dps we need; it's the very nature of our trees that need sorting. Parked next to Snipers in the interview who are getting tree improvements, it makes me think they are only looking at dps. Lame, because basically it will only be arsenal tree that gets a buff, no doubt.

Edited by Diddley

Well, DPS could mean the actual DPS (damage per second) of mercs/commandos or it could mean changes to the 2 DPS specs, considering everyone now uses that acronym to also mean any character who's setup is primarily to do damage

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20452-darth-hater-interview-game-update-1-3-with-swtor

As a sniper and a lover of non- force using DPS I thought you may all find this intrested :) DPS buffs are in the works for 1.3 for Mercs. Been leveling one so looking forward to whats incoming.

This should help the 3 DPS mercs left in the game.

Better late then never.

Prior to 1.2 all they really needed was a small survivability buff.

Post 1.2 they need all the above.

Well, DPS could mean the actual DPS (damage per second) of mercs/commandos or it could mean changes to the 2 DPS specs, considering everyone now uses that acronym to also mean any character who's setup is primarily to do damage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hilarious!

Seriously, considering what they did with the mortar AOE fix you expect anything good to come out of this vague statement?

BH in general is supposed to be one of the highest dps classes BUT lack utility. Arsenal is supposed to be the highest dps class BUT the easiest to shut down. Right now Arsenal is the easiest to shutdown and not even close to the highest dps lol, hence the buff! Arsenal being based on TM is fine because its adds balance. If you don't like that style switch pyro or another class.

It's about time.

The official interview on the main website lists it as imrpovements in "resource management" and "usability" more so then DPS increases, but I think it's safe to say that Mercenary's are going to get all 3.

Now whether or not this is going to be reductions in there need to stand completely still to do any sort of meaningful damage, or new abilities entirely remains to be seen. They were willing to give Juggernauts entire new abilities, and I think its safe to say, Merc's are little worse off then they were at this point in the class meta, so who knows, we might see that Interrupt basically all of us are confused as to why Merc's don't have.

I believe I saw something about them simply changing the usability. Quite frankly I take their "Targets" with a grain of salt. If they're rigidly applying a system to a dynamic concept, they're going to find out that they don't have the room to move around.

Heads: The changes will be as feeble as 1.2 which didnt change the rotation at all for anyone remotely decent and then nerfed survivability, introduced a bug that they hotfixed within a week, and broke us again.

Tails: The changes will be ridiculously OP and put us in faceroll heaven as we destroy everyone from 30m in seconds and noone will be able to get near us.

Lands on edge: We will gain some small buffs and a bit of extra utility nicely putting us in the middle of the pack.

I think we need a buff... be it DPS or utility... I think we are very close to being a balanced class just lagging a little behind. If we get enough dps to put real pressure on healers or if we get enough utility to kite better/escape I'll be very happy.