If 1.3 Does not Come With ...

siegedeluxe

They are going to do transfers before they implement an LFG system.

And they already said that the LFG system will NOT be cross server... but transfers will make that moot.

You hope. But hey...time proves all things. If they add it before my sub runs out this Aug..then I can see for sure. But I have this feeling.....

And for another thing..I am not transfering. I like my server and am going to stay because I will not change my char's names. Right now the game only lacks one thing for me and that is the lack of a timely tool to get into end game content. And if BioWare wants to keep me as a paying sub, then they need to provide me with that tool or it is adios.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, or you could simply solve the population issue. Yeah optional in that you don't get the incentives (VP) if you don't use it.

The incentives will be what many complain about here for TOR, the lack of other players to interacte with in the game world. For some ( not myself ) this is important.

True, or you could simply solve the population issue. Yeah optional in that you don't get the incentives (VP) if you don't use it.

I think youre still confused about a couple of things. Since ive said it like 8 times already ill just forget about the server population thing.

When i say incentives i just mean the incentives you get to do flashpoints with or without a tool, those are very important.

The daily incentives to use the lfg tool are helpful but not as important, and the devs have said that the same server lfg tool will have a daily incentive to use it in 1.3.

And i pointed out why same server will not work even on full swtor servers, and nobody has ever given any examples of what swtor has that will make a same server lfg tool work that Rift and Wow did not have.

I agree that if free transfers are only from full servers (or the bottom dozen) it wont work. You've given your opinion and that's fine, I disagree. My opinion is that LFG was mainly put in place because;

a. People couldn't find groups whilst levelling because the game was well into its 3rd expansion and many people weren't levelling.

b. They had made the decision that they wanted people to concentrate on end game raiding, to justify their budget, so wanted a quick way to gear people up.

Another opinion is that whilst I have no idea whether Bioware want to instigate world PvP or not, if they do x-server is almost guaranteed to kill that idea as all the people will never leave fleet.

I would also like a special SWTOR matter reorganizer that I can plug into the computer and use in-game credits in order to buy things like ice cream sandwiches that will magically appear inside the box, ready to eat.

If 1.3 does not have this functionality, please do not launch it until it does. Thank you.

No half-measures on this, okay?

They are going to do transfers before they implement an LFG system.

And they already said that the LFG system will NOT be cross server... but transfers will make that moot.

Why will server tranfers make a cross server lfg tool moot? same server failed in rift and wow and every other game its been tried in, why will it work in swtor? please just one person give me an example.

I have posted this in other threads about LFG single server or cross server debates and have never recieved a response, reasoned or otherwise.

Why can't it be BOTH/AND instead of Either/Or?

Both LFG for a particular server AND the option to extend the search to Cross Server?

Technical difficulties aside ( if there are any ) why would or would not this option suffice for all (both camps)?

Look at Fatman _right now_ (3:15 EDT Friday). There is no way that server supports single-server LFG across all level bands at all times of day.

Well..that is a major concern. A same server tool may work ok on heavy pop servers during prime time...but what about those who have to work during prime time? This is were games like WoW and Rift with cross server LFG tools appeal to a much wider player base play times , instead of a "typical" player base play times.

I have posted this in other threads about LFG single server or cross server debates and have never recieved a response, reasoned or otherwise.

Why can't it be BOTH/AND instead of Either/Or?

Both LFG for a particular server AND the option to extend the search to Cross Server?

Technical difficulties aside ( if there are any ) why would or would not this option suffice for all (both camps)?

Well...most of us that support a cross server LFG tool have also said they would not be opposed to such a feature. If you do a search you will see this to be true. Even tho really, you donot have to use a cross server tool if you allready are not having issues finding a group or want to run with only your guildies and friends. Incentives are there also for those who want to form thier own group in WoW for example and not pug for any spots.

Cross server LFD for Flashpoints and Warzones, then please don't release the patch in it's current state. LFD or PvP without cross-server functionality is only going to be counter productive.

They have already said it isn't and they are still going to release the patch. I am excited about it personally =)

I agree that if free transfers are only from full servers (or the bottom dozen) it wont work. You've given your opinion and that's fine, I disagree. My opinion is that LFG was mainly put in place because;

a. People couldn't find groups whilst levelling because the game was well into its 3rd expansion and many people weren't levelling.

b. They had made the decision that they wanted people to concentrate on end game raiding, to justify their budget, so wanted a quick way to gear people up.

Another opinion is that whilst I have no idea whether Bioware want to instigate world PvP or not, if they do x-server is almost guaranteed to kill that idea as all the people will never leave fleet.

Well i will give you props, atleast you tried to come up with reason, better than anyone else has done.

But the facts are they went to cross server because the time to find a group in game was taking too long. not going to search it out but i played both games when they went cross server and that was the reason they gave.

And i have no idea how cross server lfg is going to affect world pvp, ignoring the fact that there really isnt any in this game anyway and hasnt been, the best way they can fix that is with cross server zone instancing, which will also fix empty leveling zones.

Well...most of us that support a cross server LFG tool have also said they would not be opposed to such a feature. If you do a search you will see this to be true. Even tho really, you donot have to use a cross server tool if you allready are not having issues finding a group or want to run with only your guildies and friends. Incentives are there also for those who want to form thier own group in WoW for example and not pug for any spots.

If the LFG Cross Server Camp is not against an "option" to single or multi-seach, why are the Single Server only LFG supporters against such an option? Is it the "community" argument? With an option to single or cross server LFG that argument becomes moot, yes?

I am totaly for a switch to let you do same server or cross server and that i would definately try same server first because i would prefer to be grouped with people from my server. I havent seen anyone pro cross server who has said otherwise.

If the LFG Cross Server Camp is not against an "option" to single or multi-seach, why are the Single Server only LFG supporters against such an option? Is it the "community" argument? With an option to single or cross server LFG that argument becomes moot, yes?

I dont know, i cant figure it out. Its like some form of brainwashing or religeous zealotry. they just dont like it and dont want anyone else to like it.

Lack of cross-server is going to be sweet.

perfect example.

Edited by Mallorik

My guess is that this is another huge downside of linking a legacy name to a server instead of an account. If two people can have the same legacy, then there's the chance that a cross-server anything would randomly bump them. Who knows what would happen then?

My guess is that this is another huge downside of linking a legacy name to a server instead of an account. If two people can have the same legacy, then there's the chance that a cross-server anything would randomly bump them. Who knows what would happen then?

Good point, having unique legacy names is a dumb idea anyway, in what world, fantasy or real do people have unique last names.

PVP will be cross-server, LFD will not.

Why the hell would they not make te lfd cross server! Thats the stupidist idea i have ever heard.

I play early in the morning when half the worlds population is still asleep. It would be exactly the same as it is now! No groups. Whereas if it was across servers i am certain that tere are more people like myself on different servers.

Fixed.

If they implement cross server lfg, I'm probably quitting.

Why? Why does it have to be Single server only? What if they had the option for Single server LFG -AND- Cross Server LFG?

Why are you all my way or nothing at all?

Why the hell would they not make te lfd cross server! Thats the stupidist idea i have ever heard.

I play early in the morning when half the worlds population is still asleep. It would be exactly the same as it is now! No groups. Whereas if it was across servers i am certain that tere are more people like myself on different servers.

I think you mean best idea ever.

You'll be able to switch servers soon anyway.

Why? Why does it have to be Single server only? What if they had the option for Single server LFG -AND- Cross Server LFG?

Why are you all my way or nothing at all?

Because having a cross server toggle will make the single server option obsolete, and rope people into using it.

Maybe you don't have a long history in mmorpgs. That's fine.

But cross server lfg is bad.