The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.24: FINALLY!!! A step in the right direction?

HoyaPooch

With all the issues in PVP these days, I am glad they tackled one of the largest and that is the absolute OP ability to summon mini-pets in a Warzone.

It really bothers me to no end to wait in a queue for 35 minutes and have to suffer through seeing a mini-tauntaun in a Huttball. On the republic side on Dark Reaper, we usually have to play 6 or 7 versus 8 and if a couple of imps have the mini-tauntauns.....well tell me how that is fair? It's like 11 on 7 in that case!

FINALLY!!!

It really shows you where Bioware's priorities are doesn't it? No news on rateds, tons of bugs screwing up every aspect of the game from crafting to PVE to PVP and what do they fix? No pets in warzones..... God knows my Tauntaun pet has owned so many Marauders that they were unsubbing because of it....

I've only seen it matter once. We were in a huttball, I'm pretty sure we won and were up anyway, and some guy throws to a tauntaun pet through the fire pit. If the pet had caught it I was fully prepared to pull that pet to the goal line for a score, but alas, it became an incomplete pass. I was all the way on the top ramp so I had a great view of this and thought it was funny.

With all the issues in PVP these days, I am glad they tackled one of the largest and that is the absolute OP ability to summon mini-pets in a Warzone.

It really bothers me to no end to wait in a queue for 35 minutes and have to suffer through seeing a mini-tauntaun in a Huttball. On the republic side on Dark Reaper, we usually have to play 6 or 7 versus 8 and if a couple of imps have the mini-tauntauns.....well tell me how that is fair? It's like 11 on 7 in that case!

FINALLY!!!

omg this made me laugh so hard yet exactly to the point when i read the patch noted i was hmmm ok why??? did it bother anyone??

all joking aside, this was a GREAT move. I swear I grew nuts alt tabbing to pets or F2 (target next ally) tabbing those pets. It forced me to click everything lol.

exactly. also, as a scoundrel, I often forgot that my pet was still visible... and then wondered how they knew I was there

The fix likely took an intern about five minutes to impliment, and you are going to point at that one feature and cry "ZOMG, THEY AREN'T WORKING ON MY RATEDS!!!!!"

Get real.

No, they are going to point and cry about them not working on rated, with or without the "pet update". And with good reason.

The fix likely took an intern about five minutes to impliment, and you are going to point at that one feature and cry "ZOMG, THEY AREN'T WORKING ON MY RATEDS!!!!!"

Get real.

I don't care one bit about rated warzones (well I did once upon a time actually). The republic side on our server is nearly completely dead. I'm talking about 30-60 minute queues and most matches being 6 or 7 on 8. I scour the forums and developer tracker every day looking for something. And what I get every week are trivial changes.

So maybe the pet fix is a good one. That doesn't help our ability to actually pvp which is severely limited at this time.

It messes with targeting as you can tab through and you will target the pets. It could also be used as a means of making it look like there are more people guarding one area. If you are flying in after a death in civil war or looking across the battlefield in the coast, you just see 2 nametags and cannot read them from a distance in most cases. For some, that will prevent them from trying to attack that area alone.

Good fix, TY BW.

Yes, it seems like a menial fix, but it was needed for reasons already stated above.

It was an unnecessary fix though, in my opinion. This never should've made it to the live server to begin with, and is just another fail on the part of BioWare's development team. It should've been found in testing and dealt with beforehand.

Yes, it seems like a menial fix, but it was needed for reasons already stated above.

It was an unnecessary fix though, in my opinion. This never should've made it to the live server to begin with, and is just another fail on the part of BioWare's development team. It should've been found in testing and dealt with beforehand.

Well that would require them to do crazy things like roll out fixes to a test server first and then to the live server. BW is far to busy to deal with petty things like testing.

FINALLY!!!

And to think, some of you said they don't care about PvP. This is one more thing they were able to take away from PvP!