1.2 Sorc/Sage is redicuosly OP and dumb to play

Roiz

Haven't played my Sage for about a month, but tried it this weekend. I specced into balance and immediatly tried warzones to test 1.2 changes. I was amazingly surprised just by pressing telekenetic throw and mind crush on procs I got top 1 in damage dealt. For the whole warzone i killed plenty of players and not died even once.

This class is OP. It is ranged and have plenty of instant cast attacks, you can run dotting without being hit. No matter how big dps other classes have, if you proper manage distance they just don't hit you.

This class is amasing it has 2 slow, 3 ranged stuns and one fast knoskback. If melee focus on you not matter, juggernault, marauder or darkness sin it is easy to kite/stun/slow him for ages until he die. You can dot any ranged class and run away to los starting healing watching him dying.

You might have gotten top damage on the board at the end but you likely weren't really hurting anyone. TK throw/Force Lightning hits for a pittance and with all the massive spike damage in the game your dots are an annoyance at best unless multiple sorcs cast them on a target.

Sorcs are not OP in the slightest right now.

Haven't played my Sage for about a month, but tried it this weekend. I specced into balance and immediatly tried warzones to test 1.2 changes. I was amazingly surprised just by pressing telekenetic throw and mind crush on procs I got top 1 in damage dealt. For the whole warzone i killed plenty of players and not died even once.

This class is OP. It is ranged and have plenty of instant cast attacks, you can run dotting without being hit. No matter how big dps other classes have, if you proper manage distance they just don't hit you.

This class is amasing it has 2 slow, 3 ranged stuns and one fast knoskback. If melee focus on you not matter, juggernault, marauder or darkness sin it is easy to kite/stun/slow him for ages until he die. You can dot any ranged class and run away to los starting healing watching him dying.

Yes, you haven't played your sage in a month, you're in no way a Marauder that tries to focus the attention of the imba-criers in another direction.....

Sage-DPS is fine IMHO, it's still on the weaker side of DD's, but if they nerf the OP-classes a bit and if you use the versatility of the Sage well, it's a fun and strong class.

Heal-Sages are heavily underpowered atm and serve no purpose in a WZ that other healers or a DD-specced Sage can't give the team in a much more efficient manner.

Edited by kickinhead

Heal-Sages are heavily underpowered atm and serve no purpose in a WZ that other healers or a DD-specced Sage can't give the team in a much more efficient manner.

I have seen many amazing players who can singlehandedly decide the WZ- those are in one kind or another sorc healers. Its not easy and I agree that healing could use a small buff for the average crowd, but sorc is like all classes, easy to play and hard to master.

But in the hands of the right players (prekiting, positioning etc), I really enjoy them on my team and hate them on the opposition.

Yes, you haven't played your sage in a month, you're in no way a Marauder that tries to focus the attention of the imba-criers in another direction.....

I can easly kill marauder on my sorc. If you see marauder charging on you, you need to press knock back during marauder is in fly. When he reach you he will be knocked back before he applies slow on you, but you have ranged slow, do it. After that you will have 12 -15 seconds before next charge. Dot him and strafe around. Next time mara charge on you stun him, you have 3 ranged stuns, you can repeat it 3 times on every its charge. This time usually enought to kill him. They key is to dot and strafe around and use CC on every its charge. This tactics makes wonders.

I can easly kill marauder on my sorc. If you see marauder charging on you, you need to press knock back during marauder is in fly. When he reach you he will be knocked back before he applies slow on you, but you have ranged slow, do it. After that you will have 12 -15 seconds before next charge. Dot him and strafe around. Next time mara charge on you stun him, you have 3 ranged stuns, you can repeat it 3 times on every its charge. This time usually enought to kill him. They key is to dot and strafe around and use CC on every its charge. This tactics makes wonders.

If the marauder leaped on you before your KB, he is a bad marauder.

try fighting someone who actually knows what he is doing, bragging of killing terribads doesnt really impress anyone.

And good try OP. I bet you were SO useful in that WZ by doing TT with occasional proc. Like a real PRO.

And dotting, LOL, do you actually know how much damage over how long your spammable DOT does?

Damn, if i were still playing i sure wouldnt want you in my group.

Edited by GrandMike

tbh I think the OP actually makes some very reasonable points. I have read each of his posts and they are well constructed and give good advice. The conclusion to this is very simple and pretty obvious.

its time to nerf operatives :)

I have a SAGE DPS with 3 pieces of tier WH Gear. I can tell you that it's fairly easy to be number 1 in damage and not be that useful to the team. I used to be like you and look at that top line DPS number. It was even more impressive pre1.2 and much more useful to the team. Post 1.2 I've found that I can best help the team in a support role. I now focus more on pulling my team members when they are besieged by multiple enemies, using Quake to stop the turning of a node, focusing on identifying, silencing, and killing the opposing healers, CCing/slowing, and throwing heals/shields out when needed. I am spec'd with all the defensive CD's and for maximum force. We are still a valuable member of the team, just not for our one on one killing ability.

right.....Just reading this part is obvious to anyone that plays a sage that you obviously do NOT have a sage/sorc and are just BSing because you don't want anyone more powerful then your own class. We cannot run doting, our main dot is on a two second cast. the only dot that is not on a two second cast timer is PITA for damage. Our dots are an anoyance only, never enough to take them down much in health since it does less damage then a combat attack heal can heal.

It is very hard to properly manage distance in this game with all the stuns and pulls and leaps in the game, normally when you hit force run to get that distanced your either pulled back, stunned or leaped towards with an attack.

Two slows? I know of one slow that we have that lasts 8 seconds. are you counting pebbles as a slow? because its not a very viable slow since your oponent will normally reach you before your done channeling that slow because you have to stop to do it, that's why it's called Channeling, and if you know pvp then you know that STOP=DEAD and everything a sage has to do, they have to STOP to do it except for one slow, one DD, and one pitiful Dot that does NOT stack with our main dot.

3 ranged stuns? We have one stun like everyone else. Force lift doesn't stun in PvP from what I have seen, in PvE it stuns for two seconds unless you do damage, and the third stun I am thinking is if you are full balanced? which not many people are????

Fast knockback? the sages are plagued with animation delays that hurt our abilities. When I hit my "knockback" which is suppose to be instant, the oponent see's the animation and uses their knockback which has no animation delay which in turns nulifies my knockback. Which means I used up a knockback that didn't knockback anyone because of the stupid animation delay. This has happened countless times. Or I run in front of someone with the ball in hutball, hit my knockback, by the time the animation is done my toon ends up pushing the enemy closer to the goal line. yea, great knockback we got there, and mind you, it's suppose to be instant!

And finally, my favorite line which makes everyone realize you do not have a sage or a sorc. "You can dot any ranged class and run away to los starting healing watching him dying" Riiiigggghhhhtttttttttttttt.......Our two dots don't stack (i'm a hybrid sage and I only have two dots which do not stack). and honestly, the damage our main dot does, is NO WHERE near enough to kill any class. oh wait, you said any ranged class, like a sorc???? yea right, I forgot, they will just clense it and remove the dot....try again. and while we heal? really???two second casting time which is almost ALWAYS interupted and if your targted while your healing, your normally dead before you can get a heal off.

Honestly, I'd like to hand you a napkin...so you can whipe your mouth off cause your talking ****! Play the class before you try to get them nerfed so it actually sounds like you know what the hell your talking about.

I have a SAGE DPS with 3 pieces of tier WH Gear. I can tell you that it's fairly easy to be number 1 in damage and not be that useful to the team. I used to be like you and look at that top line DPS number. It was even more impressive pre1.2 and much more useful to the team. Post 1.2 I've found that I can best help the team in a support role. I now focus more on pulling my team members when they are besieged by multiple enemies, using Quake to stop the turning of a node, focusing on identifying, silencing, and killing the opposing healers, CCing/slowing, and throwing heals/shields out when needed. I am spec'd with all the defensive CD's and for maximum force. We are still a valuable member of the team, just not for our one on one killing ability.

You see, this person plays a sage, and you can tell. and normally the big numbers people see at the end of the battle is not one on one direct damage numbers, it's large number coming from this:

"using Quake to stop the turning of a node"

When I turn big number is because I'm using all of my area effect's either protecting that bomb/keeping enemies from planting a bomb/or taking a turret. Dots don't give those numbers, our area effects do, and our area effects don't take down players, they are only there as a tool to defend objetives.

You are exactly right. Multiple cc's, great dps and a shield they can pop on every 20 sec. absorbing damage. By primetime on my server everyone jumps on that class. 50% of the pvp premades are sage, and only sage.

And finally, my favorite line which makes everyone realize you do not have a sage or a sorc. "You can dot any ranged class and run away to los starting healing watching him dying" Riiiigggghhhhtttttttttttttt.......Our two dots don't stack (i'm a hybrid sage and I only have two dots which do not stack). and honestly, the damage our main dot does, is NO WHERE near enough to kill any class. oh wait, you said any ranged class, like a sorc???? yea right, I forgot, they will just clense it and remove the dot....try again. and while we heal? really???two second casting time which is almost ALWAYS interupted and if your targted while your healing, your normally dead before you can get a heal off.

Honestly, I'd like to hand you a napkin...so you can whipe your mouth off cause your talking ****! Play the class before you try to get them nerfed so it actually sounds like you know what the hell your talking about.

Uh...

ranged class and run away to los starting healing watching him dying" Riiiigggghhhhtttttttttttttt.......Our two dots don't stack (i'm a hybrid sage and I only have two dots which do not stack).

Our two dots don't stack

Refer once more to:

Honestly, I'd like to hand you a napkin...so you can whipe your mouth off cause your talking ****! Play the class before you try to get them nerfed so it actually sounds like you know what the hell your talking about

/facepalm

You might have gotten top damage on the board at the end but you likely weren't really hurting anyone. TK throw/Force Lightning hits for a pittance and with all the massive spike damage in the game your dots are an annoyance at best unless multiple sorcs cast them on a target.

Sorcs are not OP in the slightest right now.

^^This. I can top the boards with my sorc, but I feel I hardly make an impact. It's strange. We can top the boards because of our *cowardly* play style. Stand in the back and LoS and run away. Unfortunately we are bound to this so we take advantage of it.

Funny thread. It is probably dumb to play a sorc these days so that part of the title may be correct. Struggling to find anything factual in the original posters comments other than that mind you.

I particularly like the one about the fast knockback, that was really funny.

And now I'm annoyed I replied to this troll. I really should know better.