Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Price of pulling out mods

Raansu

Does anyone else feel the cost of pulling out mods is a little ridiculous? 44k to pull mods out of war hero gear is just insane. Crafted 2 augmented pieces of war hero gear and pulled the mods out of my original war hero gear and it damn near broke me.

The price is way too high considering that mod gear is supposed to be how we have visual choices. The high cost point, that gets a lot higher every tier, will make it cost prohibitive for players to be able to exercise the option to change appearance, which will lead to players becoming more clone like in appearance.

Mods should cost no more then 2x their vendor value to pull.

I'm tired of people saying "Just do dailies and you'll make lots of money."

Well, guess what, what if I don't want to run the same 15 or whatever missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day?

I grinded (ground?) dailies hard so I could unlock the Miraluka, and it nearly sapped my will to live. I got so sick of running the same crap that I nearly just said "Eff this".

And just because you can make money from dailies isn't the point. The point is that the whole point of having moddable gear is that you can customize your appearance; to charge not only for the item (which is perfectly fine), but also to swap the mods out of it, is insulting and punishes those of us who actually care about how we look (and yes I understand not everyone does, but a lot of us do).

• 3 months later...
The price is way too high considering that mod gear is supposed to be how we have visual choices. The high cost point, that gets a lot higher every tier, will make it cost prohibitive for players to be able to exercise the option to change appearance, which will lead to players becoming more clone like in appearance.

Mods should cost no more then 2x their vendor value to pull.

You would think with the social patch and them wanting us to be creative and customize our appearance they wouldn't put such a steep price on it to turn people away.

Cost of removing mods/enhancements/armourings is way too high.

But it's a money sink!

- So what? It's one sink out of MANY, this particular one is just too effective and it is counterintuitive since character customization is based on modable stuff.

FFS I buy an orange item for about 40k, then augment it for 30k, then pull out 3 WH grade mods (about 44k each)

150k to customize 1 single item is taken out of the economy every single time. That is a huge amount imo.

I would not be against paying the fee once per mod, but please. Not every single time you take out ANY mod for ANY reason.

Either lower the cost or make it a one-time fee for ripping them out of the original armour piece.

i do understand the prices as a cost of manipulating the legacy gear system in order to pass gear to alts, but I also think it's stupid that I need to pay ~100k to use my own gear that I already paid for (either in credits, coms, or crafting).

even more annoying is the fact that you have to pay 30k to use the augment stations. and more annoying than that is if you crit craft something from a sub 49-50 pattern (you know...BECAUSE IT LOOKS BETTER!) you still have to pay/create an mk6 aug kit and pay 30k to attach it to gear that already has an aug slot. maybe I'm just too involved in my own games, but that's kind of insulting. hasn't BW made gear crafting professions irrelevant enough w/o that?

On the plus side, it was a lot more ridiculous in 1.2. I think they cut the cost somewhere near 50%?

Cosmetic updates/changes are always going to be very expensive money sinks. That's the main way they stabilize the game's economy.

It hurts your credit account, but that's the price you pay for looking good (no different than in real life where high fashion is unnecessarily overpriced).

Community person on behalf of devs or dev themselves said a couple weeks ago the price is going to be brought down.

I actually think it is ridiculous to have a cost at all. Getting the armor that has the mods to begin with shoud be the cost.

For me it's not so much the pulling mods that I find frustratingly high, it's the idea that If all you do is PvP, you are more or less forced to go grind dailies on the side just to buy Augments, Augment Mk-6 Kits and pay to install them, even if you're installing deliberately waiting till you get war-hero armour and installing them in that. I found that the money rewards from PvP don't keep up with the commendation rate, and so trying to gear yourself is going to run you broke. Especially if you want to stay competitive by buying Grenades and/or Stims as well.

If Expertise is supposed to be the separation between PvE and PvP, why do credits make the complete opposite contribution on PvPers?

PS: I know Grinding dailies are an option for getting credits. And if I was talking about something cosmetic like looking fancy and swapping out mods into better looking armour, I might be more agreeable. I'd think it was pretty expensive for what it was, but it's just fluff. However, grinding PvE just so you can augment your stock PvP equipment? Pffft.

PPS: I also know I could take up a crafting profession to make Stims or Grenades, making things cheaper. But that's just replacing one PvE grind with a different one instead.

Edited by Tyrias

For me it's not so much the pulling mods that I find frustratingly high, it's the idea that If all you do is PvP, you are more or less forced to go grind dailies on the side just to buy Augments, Augment Mk-6 Kits and pay to install them, even if you're installing deliberately waiting till you get war-hero armour and installing them in that. I found that the money rewards from PvP don't keep up with the commendation rate, and so trying to gear yourself is going to run you broke. Especially if you want to stay competitive by buying Grenades and/or Stims as well.

If Expertise is supposed to be the separation between PvE and PvP, why do credits make the complete opposite contribution on PvPers?

PS: I know Grinding dailies are an option for getting credits. And if I was talking about something cosmetic like looking fancy and swapping out mods into better looking armour, I might be more agreeable. I'd think it was pretty expensive for what it was, but it's just fluff. However, grinding PvE just so you can augment your stock PvP equipment? Pffft.

PPS: I also know I could take up a crafting profession to make Stims or Grenades, making things cheaper. But that's just replacing one PvE grind with a different one instead.

This is a PvE game. Even the "PvP" is just a glorified PvE arena where you kill player characters instead of NPCs. If you want a true PvP game then this is not the game you are looking for.

Does anyone else feel the cost of pulling out mods is a little ridiculous? 44k to pull mods out of war hero gear is just insane. Crafted 2 augmented pieces of war hero gear and pulled the mods out of my original war hero gear and it damn near broke me.

changing mods and enchansments - making your toon better. so cost is ok.

I feel like you should only be charged once. Or when you upgrade. However when I am trying to have fun with the look of my character I dont think it should cost 120K to change clothes when my character stats stays the same. That being said, the only solution would be to have an additional slot on gear that is the appearance slot.

• Mod
  • Armoring
  • Enhancement
  • Augment
  • Appearance

Then I could change my look as much as I want but will pay for upgrades.

Edited by richardya

Its only a few daily quests to remove the mods.

It ok where it is in my opinion.

Which leads us to 84 people in Black Hole because they borked the new instance threshold.

Or perhaps they want folks to camp spawns?

Regardless, the dailies are not so quick and easy anymore. The ripple effect will be much less cash flow in the economy.

Edited by Sungas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.