so why doesnt force choke ever work right?

ive always wondered

cuz i mean,from reading the tooltip of the skill it says "chokes the target,crushing and stunningit while force choke is being channeled.deals 655 kinetic damage every second.builds 1 rage per second".but i swear everytime ive used this skill it doesnt really stun the person.they could still move around and i think ive actually had people move far enough away that it actually stopped my force choke

ive always wondered

cuz i mean,from reading the tooltip of the skill it says "chokes the target,crushing and stunningit while force choke is being channeled.deals 655 kinetic damage every second.builds 1 rage per second".but i swear everytime ive used this skill it doesnt really stun the person.they could still move around and i think ive actually had people move far enough away that it actually stopped my force choke

hmmm never noticed this... have you reported it?

Also resolve. If they have a full resolve bar Choke won't stop them, but will still deal damage (and build rage) as long as you channel.

Also, if they break the choke it will break the stun, but you can continue the channel for more rage/damage if you want.

Also resolve. If they have a full resolve bar Choke won't stop them, but will still deal damage (and build rage) as long as you channel.

Also, if they break the choke it will break the stun, but you can continue the channel for more rage/damage if you want.

maybe its resolve then,cuz i know ive used it.and i can see it doing damage.but the person just moves away and it cancels the force choke

i know what the talent unstoppable does

i dont really pay attention to peoples resolve.so maybe thats whats doing it,but eather way.i dont know if its a bug cuz i know juggs have used force choke on me before and i havent been able to move

i know my latency is pretty crappy alot of the times though.eather way,im vengeance so i dont really use it much regardless

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I have noticed sometimes when I use my force choke that it seems like mid channel my opponent drops and is unstunned for a short amount of time, then picked back up and choked, stunning them again. This isn't a new thing however, and I do believe this to be a known bug. I could be wrong though.

remove it from the bar, dont use it and your problem is solved, that skill is crap and useless ...

why to use choke when this happens, when i use something i dont wanna audit resolve bars or similar stupid things, i just wanna push button and enjoy how ability works ... bad system ... imao...

remove it from the bar, dont use it and your problem is solved, that skill is crap and useless ...

why to use choke when this happens, when i use something i dont wanna audit resolve bars or similar stupid things, i just wanna push button and enjoy how ability works ... bad system ... imao...

I don't think anyone likes auditing resolve bars, but... uh... what? Please make sense or you'll start another "sword in box" debacle.

If you aren't going to take the time to learn basic game mechanics then don't complain when something doesn't work "how you want it to". Resolve is there for a reason. This isn't aimed at the op, just players in general.

Aside from some of the other reasons Ive also noticed that if a player uses an ability just slightly before you choke it will often spazz out and switch back and forth between the ability's animation and choked animation, creating the appearance that it's bugged when really it's how the game handles animations. I've noticed this a lot on ravages. The server seems to have registered the first 2 hits, but only 1 part of the animation has played, the force chokes animation starts, then the target performs the animation for the second attack before going back into chokes.

On chokes usefulness: *** are you smoking? If you are only using it as a dmg dealer then it's a l2p issue. Tank assassin casting uninterruptible lightning? Force choke. Ball carrier just out of your melée range over fire pit? Choke. Interrupt on cd and you need to stop a heal? Choke. Wanna stop that marauder from using defensive cds? Force choke while team mates beat on him.

Is it situational? Yes. But that doesn't make it useless.

Edited by Dcayd

not sure what resolve actually does, but im a PVE tank, so im ok with that.

also, force choke does stun them, but only while force choke is active. is it possible that force choke finished on their end, then they ran away because who they just took alot of damage, whereas it was stil going on your end? lag is a serious killer in PVP

I have noticed sometimes when I use my force choke that it seems like mid channel my opponent drops and is unstunned for a short amount of time, then picked back up and choked, stunning them again. This isn't a new thing however, and I do believe this to be a known bug. I could be wrong though.

i have noticed this also, hell iv had them drop, use a ablitiy then get picked back up and stunned again.../shrug

not sure what resolve actually does, but im a PVE tank, so im ok with that.

It's a measurement for how much CC (Crowd Control) you've been exposed to. As people stun, root and knock you down, your resolve bar will fill up. When you've been exposed to enough CC, your resolve bar will be full and will then change from purple-blue to white and begin counting down. While the bar is white and counting down, you are immune to further CC. When the white bars has completely disappeared, you can then again be affected by CC abilities and it starts over.

Why are people giving the OP a hard time? He was unsure on something and asked in a calm, polite way, in the right place.

It sounds like it is a combination of resolve, as well as CC immunity abilities. As you know, Juggernauts/Guardians have a means of immunity, as do Gunslinger/Sniper and Assassin/Shadow.

You probably already know this, but haven't seen it mentioned, so throwing it in there.

as Vengeance your FC is interrupt-able...are they throwing in something that knocks you back or interrupts you? are you moving just a shade without realizing it (I do this allot when im holding the mouse button down and moving rapidly).

the only other thing that I can think of is combination of lag and them casting a spell that would interrupt you...because of the lag, it's hard to tell from a client perspective who started first...and we all know how lag and our channeled spells go...