not much to see except backpedalling and clicking

Also, saying things like:

"I don't know what I'm doing here" or

"I'm panicking.. I just want to kill this guy here"

won't help at all

another "<insert your high valor rank>" pvp video

But, but he's

currently the top rated sniper on Keller's Void.
who backpedals. And clicks.

Valor rank means absolutely nothing other than, "I take part in Warzones" The rank does not impart any skill or teamplay. It is not a measure of ones PvP prowess, period. Lethality snipers and operatives can easily turret spam and get high numbers ands lots of medals without actually contributing to the win for the team. Other poster said it all really.

I took the time to make a video. You don't like the way I play then don't watch it. The comments show your maturity levels. There is no "elitist" group in swtor. You guys can keep thinking you are though. I'm a nice guy in game and have a lot of fun pvp'ing. I'm sorry that I am not the pure elitist you think everyone should be.

I took the time to make a video. You don't like the way I play then don't watch it. The comments show your maturity levels. There is no "elitist" group in swtor. You guys can keep thinking you are though. I'm a nice guy in game and have a lot of fun pvp'ing. I'm sorry that I am not the pure elitist you think everyone should be.

Good for you!

I watched your video, and you seem like someone doing well and having fun in warzones with your friends. Props for making a video, cos I know I'll never have the motivation/courage to do so.

Props on the video. But just wondering, you do enjoy pvp, you like to be competetive why not put in the 1 week of readjusting to keybinds, and get alot more out of your charecter, no matter how good you are while clicking, switching to actual keybinds would improve your gameplay by miles.

Also videos with ppl who click feels alot more "clunky" than ppl who bind their abilites, in terms of enjoyment value for the viewers.

Nice fights in the vid. But I have to agree that learning keybinds would make you even better. As for the knockback while entrenched, I think it's an extension of the bugs with cover rather than an ability commandos have that counteract it.

Hi guys, I am currently the top rated sniper on Keller's Void. I made a pvp video to show the capabilities of lethality and give some tips on how to play well in pvp as a sniper. Hope you all enjoy it. Watch in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHP_vEQeJFQ&list=UUCkYN27cuGg-Btpy8BKodLA&index=1&feature=plcp

/wave Elite! Great vid.

-Jaxxia

Edited by Poe_

Props on the video. But just wondering, you do enjoy pvp, you like to be competetive why not put in the 1 week of readjusting to keybinds, and get alot more out of your charecter, no matter how good you are while clicking, switching to actual keybinds would improve your gameplay by miles.

Don't necessarily agree with this - I keybind, but I know people who just prefer the rhythm of clicking. Doesn't mean they're faster or I am. Lag and instinct has as much to do with it imo.

Fact I learned in life a while ago, more than one way to skin a cat.

Videos like this are good to post, so kudos to the OP for taking the time to do it. I wish I had the time/patience to do one.

However....

I'm surprised that this is a Valor 86 sniper in almost all War Hero. This is a video I would expect from someone much newer to the game, so anyone watching this needs to realize a few things.

1. Unless I saw this wrong....32% crit is not good for lethality spec. Should be much higher if gearing properly.

2. Key clicking a few things may be fine, but this was excessive and totally inefficient for combat against equally geared and skilled players.

3. I saw no examples of clutch interrupts (which is prolly due to the key clicking). If I see a BH try "death from above", I usually can interrupt him before the first tic hits. Almost impossible to do that clicking. If he would have faced a healer anywhere in the video, the clicking issue and non-interrupting would have been even more evident/critical.

4. Clips selected were primarily against teams/players with no healing and/or ignoring the sniper. There was no examples of switching targets, and handling cc and dps at same time. I saw a few flash bangs, but no real cc coordination with leg shot, debilitate, etc. Lethality snipers can kite fairly well if skilled.

5. Lots of Huttball footage, but sniper wasn't in the rafters much, didn't show good use of cover pulse, didn't kill the ball carrier, stop a pickup in the mid, area denial, save a teammate, make a clutch pass before death, etc...don't even think he used scatter shot when multiple teammates were attacking the same target. It was mainly footage against a weak team/player that allowed them to camp their spawn near the end.

6. Seemed to be low on energy a lot, even in 1v1 scenarios. Prolly cuz he admits to sometimes just mashing keys instead of pacing abilities.

Again, this is not meant to "LOL" at the OP. The OP was honest about his skill level and wasn't pretending to be something he wasn't. It's actually good to see that the class is enjoyable by people of all skill levels now. I'm just giving an honest assessment as a similar rank (valor 87)

In a Rated environment against top-notch competition, clicking abilities and such may not yield the highest results.

Videos like this are good to post, so kudos to the OP for taking the time to do it. I wish I had the time/patience to do one.

However....

I'm surprised that this is a Valor 86 sniper in almost all War Hero. This is a video I would expect from someone much newer to the game, so anyone watching this needs to realize a few things.

1. Unless I saw this wrong....32% crit is not good for lethality spec. Should be much higher if gearing properly.

2. Key clicking a few things may be fine, but this was excessive and totally inefficient for combat against equally geared and skilled players.

3. I saw no examples of clutch interrupts (which is prolly due to the key clicking). If I see a BH try "death from above", I usually can interrupt him before the first tic hits. Almost impossible to do that clicking. If he would have faced a healer anywhere in the video, the clicking issue and non-interrupting would have been even more evident/critical.

4. Clips selected were primarily against teams/players with no healing and/or ignoring the sniper. There was no examples of switching targets, and handling cc and dps at same time. I saw a few flash bangs, but no real cc coordination with leg shot, debilitate, etc. Lethality snipers can kite fairly well if skilled.

5. Lots of Huttball footage, but sniper wasn't in the rafters much, didn't show good use of cover pulse, didn't kill the ball carrier, stop a pickup in the mid, area denial, save a teammate, make a clutch pass before death, etc...don't even think he used scatter shot when multiple teammates were attacking the same target. It was mainly footage against a weak team/player that allowed them to camp their spawn near the end.

6. Seemed to be low on energy a lot, even in 1v1 scenarios. Prolly cuz he admits to sometimes just mashing keys instead of pacing abilities.

Again, this is not meant to "LOL" at the OP. The OP was honest about his skill level and wasn't pretending to be something he wasn't. It's actually good to see that the class is enjoyable by people of all skill levels now. I'm just giving an honest assessment as a similar rank (valor 87)

In a Rated environment against top-notch competition, clicking abilities and such may not yield the highest results.

I appreciate your feedback. This video was made over 1 night of pvp. There have been countless unrecorded events of clutch cc, knock backs, full grp 8 second cc's, healer saves, teammate saves, etc. I just haven't been lucky enough to catch them. Snipers in the rafters are a bad idea. Too easy to be jumped to for the enemy to gain an advantage. I much prefer low on mid. Healers are not a problem for me. If they have guard, I kill the tank guarding then the healer but, roll dots on both. Everything you spoke of me prolly not being able to do I have done a thousand times. I plan to do rated wz's and make a lot of videos when it eventually comes out. I played wow for 7 years and got to 2800 several seasons on an arms warrior with keybinds+clicking. Thanks again for your opinion sir!:D

another "<insert your high valor rank>" pvp video

Also, saying things like:

"I don't know what I'm doing here" or

"I'm panicking.. I just want to kill this guy here"

won't help at all

Your video is where? That's what I thought...

I appreciate your feedback. This video was made over 1 night of pvp. There have been countless unrecorded events of clutch cc, knock backs, full grp 8 second cc's, healer saves, teammate saves, etc. I just haven't been lucky enough to catch them. Snipers in the rafters are a bad idea. Too easy to be jumped to for the enemy to gain an advantage. I much prefer low on mid. Healers are not a problem for me. If they have guard, I kill the tank guarding then the healer but, roll dots on both. Everything you spoke of me prolly not being able to do I have done a thousand times. I plan to do rated wz's and make a lot of videos when it eventually comes out. I played wow for 7 years and got to 2800 several seasons on an arms warrior with keybinds+clicking. Thanks again for your opinion sir!:D

My comments only applied to what you gave us to watch. I'll take your word on things not shown in the video, but this just validates my main point -- anyone watching needs to keep things in perspective.

I don't agree at all with your comment about "snipers in the rafters are a bad idea" and "too easy to be jumped to"...First, you can't be jumped to if you're in cover, which make snipers one of the BEST classes for being in the rafters. Even if you are jumped to while out of cover, you can cover pulse.

Frankly, I can't fathom how your strategy works... Are you saying you would rather be defending your goal line by being on the ground in the narrow sidelines or the area near green acid versus the rafters??? Makes no sense to me.

By not using the rafters, you are eliminating a sizable chunk of z-axis targetting (i.e. you can target more area looking down than up). You are also much more vulnerable to people who can reach you easily (i.e. melee). In the rafters, you can escape by jumping down in almost any direction. When you're already on the ground, you are more limited in where you can go.

We obviously have much different styles/philosophy, so we'll just have to leave it at that for now. Once they finally give us rateds, then we will have something to gauge better than valor. Best of luck to you.

I played wow for 7 years and got to 2800 several seasons on an arms warrior with keybinds+clicking

That's one of the harshest condemnations I've seen on WoW PvP in quite some time now.

Here's the problem. It doesn't matter what your valor rank is or what rating you got in some other game. You've released a movie showing that you have a lot to learn when it comes to your gameplay. Yes, clicking abilities is bad. You will not be able to react as quickly as someone who does not click. You will not be able to move properly while using your abilities. It is a serious handicap.

Your commentary is bad. Just mashing buttons and hoping something good happens isn't good advice. We've all been in situations where we panic. Panic usually ends with failure. It's when you manage to stay calm in bad situations that you are actually able to pull of something meaningful and memorable.

I also find it odd that you call out others for an "elitist" attitude when your character name has "elite" in it. Seriously?

Your aspect ratio is bad. Try looking up a tutorial on Youtube on setting aspect ratios for whatever software you used to edit the movie. FYI, I was going to cut you some slack until you made that 2800 WoW rating comment. As if that means anything. Heh.

Edited by Raggok

Why 2/8? I find I get more bang for my buck with 6/4 for Heavy Shot.

Hard casting ambush (the full 2.5sec) isn't really advised and Heavy shot also fills the resolve bar.

Leth snipers don't often use ambush due to it's long cast time.

I can draw a compharison with WoW's fire mage (you shall not hardcast pyroblast)

Hard casting ambush (the full 2.5sec) isn't really advised and Heavy shot also fills the resolve bar.

Leth snipers don't often use ambush due to it's long cast time.

I can draw a compharison with WoW's fire mage (you shall not hardcast pyroblast)

You don't hardcast Pyroblast because it doesn't really do much more than Fireball. Ambush has far better DPE, roughly the same DPS and additional benefits over Snipe outside of Laze Target w/ heavy shot, and you will have time in your rotation outside of SoS/Cull/dart/CG to cast it. It also won't push the Resolve bar enough to threaten using both Debilitate and Cover Pulse.

If you can cast it, have SoS/Cull/dart/CG on CD, won't immediately get locked out by a stun or knockback, and aren't in immediate danger of dying horribly, it's a good and energy neutral ability to use; At any rate, I find it to be a better buff than 5 energy and Explosive Engineering which at a glance doesn't really seem to do a hell of a lot.

Warriors/Knights also have a tendency to use Master Strike/Ravage during it, and the knockback will take out the last tick, though that's more anecdotal than anything.

Why 2/8? I find I get more bang for my buck with 6/4 for Heavy Shot.

Increased aoe damage by 15% for corrosive grenade,frag grenade,orbital strike. Most of your damage comes from spreading corrosive on 3 targets at time. 15% more damage on top of the 30% from weakening blast on the main target gives your corrosive grenade almost 50% damage increase from 1 dot.

That's one of the harshest condemnations I've seen on WoW PvP in quite some time now.

Here's the problem. It doesn't matter what your valor rank is or what rating you got in some other game. You've released a movie showing that you have a lot to learn when it comes to your gameplay. Yes, clicking abilities is bad. You will not be able to react as quickly as someone who does not click. You will not be able to move properly while using your abilities. It is a serious handicap.

Your commentary is bad. Just mashing buttons and hoping something good happens isn't good advice. We've all been in situations where we panic. Panic usually ends with failure. It's when you manage to stay calm in bad situations that you are actually able to pull of something meaningful and memorable.

I also find it odd that you call out others for an "elitist" attitude when your character name has "elite" in it. Seriously?

Your aspect ratio is bad. Try looking up a tutorial on Youtube on setting aspect ratios for whatever software you used to edit the movie. FYI, I was going to cut you some slack until you made that 2800 WoW rating comment. As if that means anything. Heh.

I stopped reading at "Here's the problem". Where's the pvp video you made for others in the community to enjoy? Too scared someone like you will bash the person making it? Yeah... thought so....