Leveling a snuggler for the legacy 5% crit buff

Heezdedjim

The only thing difficult about smuggler/IA gameplay is the fact cover sucks balls and hardly works.

I've very rarely had a problem with cover. I use cover-in-place only, which has helped prevent a lot of mishaps. Cover takes some getting used to, but once you get it into memory, it's not so bad. Even as Lethality (Dirty Fighting), I use cover before every rotation (unless I'm running).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. They do it to incentivize playing content they've already got in game for those not normally inclined to play alts.

IE trying to force people people to play alts. Making people roll alts to unlock skills for their mains is a horrible idea.

IE trying to force people people to play alts. Making people roll alts to unlock skills for their mains is a horrible idea.

They aren't 'forcing' you to do anything. Offering a reward for a certain activity isn't forcing you to do anything.

They aren't 'forcing' you to do anything. Offering a reward for a certain activity isn't forcing you to do anything.

Pssst... some people think you should get everything in the game (including tiny bonuses) with little to no effort.

We aren't really talking about a reward. It's a skill for my main and the only way I can get it is to roll an alt. That's forcing me if I want that skill or ability. A player shouldn't have to roll alts to min/max their character.

Pssst... some people think you should get everything in the game (including tiny bonuses) with little to no effort.

I am sorry that you approach games in this way. I would be happy to put in as much time as needed-on my main character. We shouldn't have to roll alt to flesh out our mains. Terrible idea.

We aren't really talking about a reward. It's a skill for my main and the only way I can get it is to roll an alt. That's forcing me if I want that skill or ability. A player shouldn't have to roll alts to min/max their character.

Yes, you're being "forced" to level a class so you can get a trivial buff that can easily be provided by any level 1 smuggler/imperial agent. If you're that serious about min/maxing you should already have a smuggler in your ops group/pvp team anyway.

Edited by amantheil

We shouldn't have to roll alt to flesh out our mains. Terrible idea.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh man... You want to min/max your character and then cry about what you've got to do to do it?

Just stop playing video games, you are not prepared.

/illidan

Yes, you're being "forced" to level a class so you can get a trivial buff that can easily be provided by any level 1 smuggler/imperial agent. If you're that serious about min/maxing you should already have a smuggler in your ops group/pvp team anyway.

This. What's your disconnect, Jeffor?

This. If you're that focused on your main, you'll be getting all those buffs in ops and likely flashpoints, so it doesn't matter. These buffs are to help people who have leveled once, get through the leveling process a little faster the next time. Legacy is designed for the individual who likes more than one character.

Let's not kid ourselves here. This is a pvp centric complaint. Solo pve they aren't required, and group pve you should have the buffs.

It's in non premade non rated WZ that you hardly have the team rebuff.

And these aren't tiny or small buffs. 5% more damage, 5% more stats, and 5% more crit as well as 9% elemental/internal damage reduction is equivalent to about 12% more damage and 8% mitigation. Saying these are just fluff is like saying you're fine never getting above 500 expertise when everyone else is rocking 1200.

For a serious pvPer outside of their premade these buffs are mandatory.

I could give a rat's *** about this lousy class, but my DPS shadow says "DO WANT," so . . . sure, I'll drag a gunslinger through chapter 2 for that. When I decide to tank spec at some point, then I'll probably begin by riding the spacebar express on a commando just to pick up the 5% HP as well. In the grand scheme of things, grinding out required alts is probably the least worst part of "getting to endgame."

Legacy system FTW.

Why don't you just get a girlfriend/boyfriend or a pet if you need a snuggler? The only crit they give you is to your wallet though.

Edited by Phlem

Hey man, good for you. But the class isn't that bad, especially gunslinger/imperial agent (ORBITAL STRIKE?!)

Um....for the end game....I'd assume your allies in a raid would be giving you the respective buffs... :rak_02:

gotta agree, while my smuggler not 50 yet (and the #3 alt I play so levels really slow behind my main 2 characters), I find the smuggler storyline to be great and allot of fun and as a healer, its different enough from Sage and Commando that it requires its own style of play!

The Class isnt that bad and the storyline is definately fun (so much flirting with the ladies, so little time! hehe)

1.3 Introduces Changes to the Snuggler Class

• Snuggle ability cooldown reduced by 0.5 seconds. Snuggle now also causes target to not only see the player as friendly, it also increases healing on player by 100%, but only by enemy targets.

• Snuggle now causes "Warm, Fuzzy Feeling", forcing target to spawn a pet (if available) and pat it for between 10 and 20 seconds.

• Bedfellow ability now usable on droids. Chafing damage increased to 2% of overall health per 3 seconds.

• Carebear ability added. Ability automatically ends active Warzone and distributes cosmetic stuffed animal items to all participants. Can be used in Off-Hand slot.

Edited by Blistrich

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh man... You want to min/max your character and then cry about what you've got to do to do it?

Just stop playing video games, you are not prepared.

/illidan

How do you figure? I want to build my character. Not a team of mid-level alts. If you are going to try an insult me at least pay attention to what I am writing. Not prepared for video games. That's a good one.

This. What's your disconnect, Jeffor?

I don't understand your question. The buffs are not trivial and while they can be provided by level 1 smugglers I play a sentinel. I want to build my character and not have to level alts to do so. It's nothing but a time-sink that you apparently are more than willing to splash around in. I am not.

Regardless, gating any skills for a character in this way just doesn't make sense. Just because I don't want to roll alts does not mean that I'm not willing to put in time for something. I just want to spend that time playing my character and not some generic toon I am being forced to level in order to unlock an ability. How is it good for the game if I make alts just so I can get a skill for my sentinel?

title says: snuggler

They use Snuggies for armor and a Schticky for a weapon. Their companions are Billy Mays, Anthony Sullivan, and that Vince guy

Edit: Forgot, their off hand is a Schticky, the main-hand is a Yoshi Blade

Edited by FalcoLombardi

I don't understand your question. ...

I don't think I understand your position. In what situation do you desire this buff where you cannot get it from a teammate (FP, Ops, PvP) or by asking the guy next to you on the fleet? Or is your server so barren that you can't run into another IA/Smuggler at least once an hour?

Your current situation, as I understand it, is that you are a level 50. You deeply want this "non-trivial" buff in order to overcome... what?

Edit: Or do you want it just because it's there?

Edited by psi_overtake