Leveling a snuggler for the legacy 5% crit buff

Heezdedjim

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IE trying to force people people to play alts. Making people roll alts to unlock skills for their mains is a horrible idea.

Ever been in a raid that you were lacking a buff from another class? If so maybe you should quit that guild and join another. So it truly doesn't effect those people that PvE with only one toon. However the PvP game when you go solo then you are on your own and that's your choice not going in with a premade.

Let's not kid ourselves here. This is a pvp centric complaint. Solo pve they aren't required, and group pve you should have the buffs.

It's in non premade non rated WZ that you hardly have the team rebuff.

And these aren't tiny or small buffs. 5% more damage, 5% more stats, and 5% more crit as well as 9% elemental/internal damage reduction is equivalent to about 12% more damage and 8% mitigation. Saying these are just fluff is like saying you're fine never getting above 500 expertise when everyone else is rocking 1200.

For a serious pvPer outside of their premade these buffs are mandatory.

If they are so mandatory then you better get cracking on those alts. God forbid someone actually worked for something instead of wanting it handed to him.

oh yeah. much better right there. grind... if I wanted to do the same thing over and over and over I'd do dailies on my 50.

New MMOs don't have unbounded content. You might want to look into hopping amongst 1-player games. That way you'll constantly get new content that will last a long time for minimal payment.

no real point of even doing this for the legacy when you will more then likly be grouped with those that have those buffs. Besides geting to mid 30's to complete act 2 isnt hard at all or take that much time. Even faster with a higher lvl friend helping.

New MMOs don't have unbounded content. You might want to look into hopping amongst 1-player games. That way you'll constantly get new content that will last a long time for minimal payment.

my problem is how they ruined the one good thing they had(story) by requiring hours of grinding(whether quests/pvp/space combat) to see it all.

I could live with the lack of things to do at max while they sort stuff out and add more content. I'd just have enjoyed all 8 stories in the meantime. but I'd rather get a rectal exam from a rancor than do all the boring non-class quests 4 x 2 times.

This. I don't know what your problem is with leveling an alt when smug/IA has:

1. Incredible storyline

2. Difficult and complex gameplay

3. Varied and fun ways to do very different kinds of DPS

And you get the buffs when in a Flashpoint or Ops anyways. Try to enjoy leveling your alt :p

1.story for all base classes is badly written, alot of it retcons or ignores pre-existing lore.

2.Difficult? pretty much every class is faceroll when it comes to leveling.

3.As above, DPS wile leveling is just involes rolling your face on the keyboard. Nothing fun about steamrolling through trash mobs over and over.

I had the same attitude when I was grinding out my last class buff, but tbh I'm really enjoying the gunslinger. Once you get Guss (...eh well at end of Chapter 2/Hoth - isn't that kind of late? BH's get Mako right off the bat & they can heal themselves - but I digress), things go much faster as you don't have to recuperate after every...single...encounter.

Also the typo is funny in the title :) My wife is max level! ;)

Edited by GRINnBARRETT

I'm sorry, but if you're not willing to work for all 4 buffs (which translate over to the next faction btw. IE I have all four Imperial buffs I worked for, they crossover (Rep versions) on the Republic side so I don't have to do 4 more characters to get 4 buffs) you don't deserve Bioware to just HAND it to you.

You don't have to be an altoholic if you choose not to, but I worked my butt off to get 5 characters past chapter 2 into chapter 3, and finished 14 companion stories and got a Human to level 50 for my boost in leveling my wee characters.

Some goober who wants it handed to them so they can pvp 24/7 would demean the actual work us multiple players put in to get these benefits.

Be happy they gave lowbies sprint at level 1 instead of waiting til level 14 again.

Work for the pretties or ****.

I think of it another way.

Levelling up additional characters is a given in a MMOG, especially a story-driven one. The Legacy feature gives us some extras which we don't get in other games, on top of the different storylines.

I'm married, so my snuggling is max level. But apparently the 5% crit buff is not working, cause we still can't get pregnant. :p

You should get the +5% Strength, Aim, Willpower, cunning and +5% Endurance buffs. Things will happen with all of those buffs!

grinding out required alts is probably the least worst part of "getting to endgame."

Except none of them are required.

The problem is you, not the legacy system nor BW.

I suspect you would complain about it no matter how it worked.

Edited by Deyjarl

They have to do that so you are busy while they design actual content. Good luck with that awful cover system.

Clearly someone who hasn't played the class. Cover system isn't bad, nor is it required as a smuggler. If you went scoundrel there is really no reason to use it at all mid teens or a bit later.

Clearly someone who hasn't played the class. Cover system isn't bad, nor is it required as a smuggler. If you went scoundrel there is really no reason to use it at all mid teens or a bit later.

I have a 50 Gunslinger, and I love the cover system.

He hugs his enemies to death.

His first companion's a fuzzy white teddy bear.

His weakness is Static Cling.

He performs best when freshly coming from the dryer on a cold day.

He has no problem getting women into bed with him.

He has problems getting guys into bed with him.

He leaves his enemies with a soft, warm, fuzzy feeling afterwards.

I could go on all day.

lol! Thanks for brightening up my early-*** shift at work. Made me chuckle.

Also, I'm a Snuggler Sawbones and they kick all kind of buttocks. Stealth AND Heals.... I can kick you in the nuts before you even know I'm there, baby! How's THAT for Snuggling?!