I'll still be playing SWTOR...

Blistrich

YOu won't be alone. To me, it's just a revamped and much larger expansion on the KOTOR games, and I loved them.

I've been playing this one for about 2 weeks now, never grouped with anyone, and never had an in game conversation with another player. Frankly, I don't really want to bother with it.

Bad RP, stupid tactics from team mates, and all the other fun things from other MMO's, well... I don't miss them.

I like running at my own pace, and doing the quests.

For now anyways. Later, after I get all the game's tricks nailed down, I might do some group play, or some RP.

Right now, I'm just enjoying what the builders gave me.

Have fun!:)

I love the game, and I'll continue to play for as long as I can. Why? Because SWTOR has effectively killed MMOs for me, unless this becomes the new standard MMO format.

I just can't see going back to the old MMO format after this game.

I love the game, and I'll continue to play for as long as I can. Why? Because SWTOR has effectively killed MMOs for me, unless this becomes the new standard MMO format.

I just can't see going back to the old MMO format after this game.

It is a nice little game isn't it?

I like what they did with the planetary environments and the space missions, actually. Everyone poops on rail shooters, but I find it quite enjoyable. Maybe I'm just not "hardcore" enough to hate this game while simultaneously sticking around to post endlessly about how much I hate this game.

Edited by Meluna

can't use the cancel button/waiting for a 6 month sub to run out, right? Yeah... right.

i subbed for 6 months. :(

will be awesome until 6 hours before the patch they decide to only include 25% of that stuff. Then have a "technical difficulty" with the unsubscribe button.:rak_03:

If they'd have known a certain, very unimportant, demographic of player would use that free month to feed us his terrible opinions on the forum, they wouldn't have given it out so freely.

Actually, they had to inflate sub numbers, silly.:eek:

i subbed for 6 months. :(

will be awesome until 6 hours before the patch they decide to only include 25% of that stuff. Then have a "technical difficulty" with the unsubscribe button.:rak_03:

Never buy a 6 month sub for a brand new game, maybe? Seems your expectations were too high.

Actually, they had to inflate sub numbers, silly.:eek:

Those sub numbers were calculated before 1.2. Keep going though. You totally look smart.

BTW, OP, you're my new favorite poster. ;)

Edited by Galbatorrix

Those sub numbers were calculated before 1.2. Keep going though. You totally look smart.

BTW, OP, you're my new favorite poster. ;)

really? from the script of the conference.

"through the end of the quarter, approximately 2.4 million units have sold through. In our last call we indicated that we had 1.7 million active subscribers, and as of the end of April we now have 1.3 million,"

patch 1.2 was april 12, a week after they gave free time.:rak_03:

yep, owned.

If I'm the only one left.

I'm an Age of Conan vet, mother****ers. I can enjoy a 1-player MMO all day long.

:p

+1 to this post.

I must admit, AoC players are pretty resilient when it comes to failure MMOS.

Not to say that AoC was THAT bad of a game. I just wasn't too fond of the combat.

eally? from the script of the conference.

"through the end of the quarter, approximately 2.4 million units have sold through. In our last call we indicated that we had 1.7 million active subscribers, and as of the end of April we now have 1.3 million,"

patch 1.2 was april 12, a week after they gave free time.

yep, owned.

Edited by Meluna

really? from the script of the conference.

patch 1.2 was april 12, a week after they gave free time.:rak_03:

yep, owned.

Yup, owned. Though I will say, you had to be a paying customer to get those 30 free days, so there really was no padding caused by the offer. The people that were already subbed are the only ones that got the deal.

Yup, owned. Though I will say, you had to be a paying customer to get those 30 free days, so there really was no padding caused by the offer. The people that were already subbed are the only ones that got the deal.

Nice try to save. Tons of people were subbed for 1.2. Point is still moot yet again. Free time+38 new countries and it sitll only had 1.3 subs. We'll see in 3 months how much are left, assuming they dont throw free time at people again.

The people that were already subbed are the only ones that got the deal.

From the script.

"active subscribers — defined as those paying for subscriptions along with players who are still in the free month of trials after buying the game.."

AOC, especially at launch, was the worst MMO launch I've ever been a part of. If you think AOC is great then you must think SWTOR is the best thing ever created.

Kind of like if you'd been stranded in the wilderness with only bugs to eat. When you got rescued and they gave you a ham sandwich it will taste like ambrosia from Olympus. It's still just a sandwich.

AOC, especially at launch, was the worst MMO launch I've ever been a part of.

You should see it now. There's like 8 of us running around on 3 servers.

I thought I saw a real person the other week, but it turned out to be a tree.

Subs might even recover if Bioware continues to improve the game and once people realize that GW2 or other currently hyped MMOs aren't all that. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Karma in action when GW2 faceplants. That game is treated like the savior of MMOs, but doesn't even have raids (and apparently no official forum currently, which is why its fans migrate all over the internet to bash the competition). The much advertised PvP is just bashing doors in. Eventually people will judge SWTOR more fairly. Edited by Knvkl

From the script.

"active subscribers — defined as those paying for subscriptions along with players who are still in the free month of trials after buying the game.."

Those people just paid $60 bucks to play the game for one month. They paid more for access than the one's that paid $15 with their sub. Not only that, but they had to play a lot to get a level 50 character within that trial period in order to qualify for the deal as well. Which means the majority of the people that received the deal had an active sub at the time.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Call me fanboy if you like, but I know that Bioware wants this game to succeed, and have a vision for what they want to do in this game. I understand that things that will improve quality of life are coming, and am a subscriber in it for the long haul. I also know that abandoning this game with so many things that I appreciate(even while it lacks some things I would want) won't make the next game better or worse for me. I like where Bioware is heading with it and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt to get there.

Look at some of the issues people have: Group finder, space combat, bugs, cross server PVP, population. All are things that Bioware is aware of and working to get into the game. So let them do their job. If this isn't the game for you, so be it. They have made a pretty big stand against E-Sport and E-Peen waving so I think it would be better for all involved if those looking for that sort of thing moved on. Most of those types already have.

Greetings, all. We recently had to remove or edit some posts in this thread. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that members are allowed to disagree with one another - repeatedly berating or attempting to bait other players into a personal argument is not constructive or conducive to healthy discussion. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!